Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

War of the Roses Trailer

This trailer offers another of Fatshark's live action clips leading up to the release of War of the Roses, their upcoming strategy game. Today we visit Warwick Castle, which did not feature in any historical battles, and will not appear in the game. But it is a castle, and that's pretty cool. They also hear from historians, one of whom goes all killjoy in explaining how fewer medieval combatants actually wore armor than most people think.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 23, 2012, 17:31 lapidus

plate armor mobility..as you can see..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7naZ08Jd4  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 23, 2012, 10:49 bjack

lapidus wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 03:18:
You 'd better check this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J02ym4988A
Seems much more fun.

Everyone is very spry and agile considering wearing plate armor. Or am I missing something?

11. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 23, 2012, 03:18 lapidus

You 'd better check this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J02ym4988A
Seems much more fun.

10. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 23, 2012, 02:36 eRe4s3r

This!

In the gameplay shown 4 guys stand around, 1 robotically moves the sword back for a overhead swing, 1 robotically moves the sword up to block as soon as you see this..

It looked completely retarded. Both standing there, just moving arms.. URGH, terrible.

9. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 19:44 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 18:00:
I definitely advise skipping the fish.

nobody who makes pate this good can be all bad

woof

8. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 19:39 DangerDog

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 15:42:

You want COD:Medieval?

Not really, that's sort of what they made here. Right now I think they only have one game mode, deathmatch. No destruction, no real rag-doll physics, small skirmish maps.

No, I want age of empires in first person mode. have huge armies that are attacking each other where you can jump around from different positions and take possession of individual soldiers - sort of like what they do with open world racing games now. Either that or 32v32 castle siege using something like DICE's Frostbite engine for destruction and euphoria physics engine for sword combat etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0yvs6RJVVY

7. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 18:00 Cutter

I definitely advise skipping the fish.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 17:04 ^Drag0n^

Will Danny DiVito lend voice talent? That's all I need to know.  

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

5. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 15:43 LC

Most swords frome this era weighed less than 10 pounds

You're not going to convince of your historical accuracy if you keep throwing out crap like that. Most swords from the entire medieval period weighed less than 4 pounds. True one handers averaged around 3 pounds or less. Hand and half's rarely even hit 4.5 pounds, most were 3.5-4 pounds.

4. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 15:42 Dmitri_M

DangerDog wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 15:01:
This is one of those games where you sit around talking about it thinking it would kick ass to have a medieval fps type game.

I don't think they've captured that vision technically with this game. You need to start off with a really good physics driven animation system, most likely something used in sports games. You then need to exaggerate physical movements to make the game fun and less "stiff" and reality based. You need settings and art direction that make you feel like you're in the heat of a great battle, no sunny hamlets that aren't even scratched without a rock out of place. It wouldn't hurt to have destruction capabilities for everything in the game. Laying siege to a castle with catapults hurling massive rocks to break down walls, battle rams smashing doors, poring hot oil down on people trying to assault with ladders.

maybe someday.

You want COD:Medieval?

3. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 15:41 D4rkKnight

There already is a great medieval warfare game, albeit not FPS...its called M&B Warband and it has a very healthy multiplayer community and is just goddamn fun.

2. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 15:01 DangerDog

This is one of those games where you sit around talking about it thinking it would kick ass to have a medieval fps type game.

I don't think they've captured that vision technically with this game. You need to start off with a really good physics driven animation system, most likely something used in sports games. You then need to exaggerate physical movements to make the game fun and less "stiff" and reality based. You need settings and art direction that make you feel like you're in the heat of a great battle, no sunny hamlets that aren't even scratched without a rock out of place. It wouldn't hurt to have destruction capabilities for everything in the game. Laying siege to a castle with catapults hurling massive rocks to break down walls, battle rams smashing doors, poring hot oil down on people trying to assault with ladders.

maybe someday.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2012, 15:15.

1. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 14:48 lapidus

I prefer Chivalry: Medieval Warfare that is much more intense and brutal.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo