Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Game Reviews Sep 23, 2012, 19:07 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 18:42:
Yeah, it doesn't have anything to do with trying to be at all professional, it's all about entitlement. Once again we see you trying to rationalize away laziness.

Complaining about having to make a few extra clicks to delete a free enthuasiast modification is rationalizing laziness. It took longer to post about it than it did to actually do it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Game Reviews Sep 23, 2012, 18:42 Cutter

Dades wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 12:10:
Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 17:58:
Six plus years work and they can't manage an uninstaller? Yeah, my bad, I know that's a lot to ask.
Rolleyes

How much did you pay them for their six plus years of work? Click two things yourself. The entitlement generation personified in a single post.

Yeah, it doesn't have anything to do with trying to be at all professional, it's all about entitlement. Once again we see you trying to rationalize away laziness.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Game Reviews Sep 23, 2012, 12:10 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 17:58:
Six plus years work and they can't manage an uninstaller? Yeah, my bad, I know that's a lot to ask.
Rolleyes

How much did you pay them for their six plus years of work? Click two things yourself. The entitlement generation personified in a single post.

13. Re: Game Reviews Sep 23, 2012, 01:38 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 22:55:
Imo, a rogue like should not be easily winnable

Nor should it be over in a couple of hours. I enjoyed FTL, but it had flaws. I hated the pursuing rebels (although there is a mod to remove that). I can understand they didn't want you to get too strong, but it just feels like a lame mechanic. I also ended my first game at the final boss with my shit starter weapons. I thought, "This is the end?" .. and it was.

It was worth the $10 price, though. Fun for a short period of time. Just no desire to return to it though.

12. Re: Game Reviews Sep 23, 2012, 00:16 space captain

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 22:55:

true rogue games are massively huge, not just dozens of areas

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 22:55 eRe4s3r

But that's just it, you can't do better than winning. To me, winning a rogue like is like climbing the highest mountain on mars, it should not be achievable THIS easily. I guess in a perverse way I am sulking over beating the boss on my first try with a engi ship. (Which was my 3rd try overall).

10. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 22:03 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 21:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 20:42:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 18:13:
It's a free HL2 mod, they typically don't have installers or uninstallers.

Yea, it is a MOD. None of the L4D and L4D2 mods that were in BETA or the final releases had/has an uninstaller.....

Not sure if sarcasm. :-fry-:

Haven't played either of those much, let alone any mods.

Nope, just enforcing your point by giving additional ammo.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 21:29 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 20:42:

Yea, it is a MOD. None of the L4D and L4D2 mods that were in BETA or the final releases had/has an uninstaller.....

Not sure if sarcasm. :-fry-:

Haven't played either of those much, let alone any mods.

8. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 20:42 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 18:17 Narf2029

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 14:14:
Kinda hilarious that FTL: Faster Than Light review got (9.5) I mean, I don't think it's a bad game, but 9.5? Better than MOO2 (8.4) and better than Distant Worlds (9.4) ?

This is the highest score spacesector.com has giveth ever.... for a game that has very little real game-play. In a way FTL reminded me of Progress Quest. If you find the win strategy there is literally no game to be had, it's just the same procedure every encounter. Target 2 Ion Mk2's shields and weapons, have 2 attack drones wreak havok. have 2 mantis warriors teleport over and have cloak.

WIN

after 11 hours of play-time.

I never before won a rogue-like.. which makes me sad. Not that I won, but that people call FTL a rogue like.. I am just odd with my game taste I guess...

I'd have given it a 8/10 .. enjoyed the heck out of it, but now.. I don't think I want to start it up again. At least not when Torch Light 2 and Borderlands 2 demand my attention.

Yeah, that's kind of a flawed strategy. In one game with the alternate Fed cruiser I made it all the way to the end without finding a single weapon. Needless to say, even the awesomeness of a shield-ignoring beam did not come close to offsetting the use of the starting pea shooters and I got it handed to me. An easy success depends HEAVILY on finding that ideal gear. The fun is in making do with what you DO find. Sometimes it's not enough but you can take satisfaction in "hey, at least I made it this far with this garbage." Sometimes you make it work despite all the odds and that's even more satisfying. I'm addicted to FTL myself. Even when playing something else, all I think of is how I can do better in FTL.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 18:13 Sepharo

5. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 17:58 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 17:41:
Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 15:27:
Fucking Black Mesa doesn't come with an uninstaller have to go into your Steam folder to delete it manually.

Are you incapable of doing that? I didn't even bother with the installer anyway. It's not really even an installer, it is basically a self-extractor for .7z file. I just manually extracted the .7z to the sourcemods dir anyway.

Rolleyes

4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 17:41 jimnms

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 15:27:
Fucking Black Mesa doesn't come with an uninstaller have to go into your Steam folder to delete it manually.

Are you incapable of doing that? I didn't even bother with the installer anyway. It's not really even an installer, it is basically a self-extractor for .7z file. I just manually extracted the .7z to the sourcemods dir anyway.

MeanJim on Steam

3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 16:33 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 14:14:
If you find the win strategy there is literally no game to be had, it's just the same procedure every encounter. Target 2 Ion Mk2's shields and weapons, have 2 attack drones wreak havok. have 2 mantis warriors teleport over and have cloak.

Except getting all those weapons, systems, and crew members is pretty much impossible on normal. Maybe if you start with the engie ship and get pretty lucky with your store rolls. I haven't even seen a Ion Mk2 for sale in my last 5 runs.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2012, 16:40.

2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 15:27 Cutter

1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 14:14 eRe4s3r

Kinda hilarious that FTL: Faster Than Light review got (9.5) I mean, I don't think it's a bad game, but 9.5? Better than MOO2 (8.4) and better than Distant Worlds (9.4) ?

This is the highest score spacesector.com has giveth ever.... for a game that has very little real game-play. In a way FTL reminded me of Progress Quest. If you find the win strategy there is literally no game to be had, it's just the same procedure every encounter. Target 2 Ion Mk2's shields and weapons, have 2 attack drones wreak havok. have 2 mantis warriors teleport over and have cloak.

WIN

after 11 hours of play-time.

I never before won a rogue-like.. which makes me sad. Not that I won, but that people call FTL a rogue like.. I am just odd with my game taste I guess...

I'd have given it a 8/10 .. enjoyed the heck out of it, but now.. I don't think I want to start it up again. At least not when Torch Light 2 and Borderlands 2 demand my attention.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2012, 14:29.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo