Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I exercised some exceptionally poor judgment yesterday when dealing with our smoke detector, which is probably Hudson the wonder dog's least favorite object in the world, thanks to the occasional high-pitched chirps it emits like it recently did when the batteries died. I realized I had failed to put new batteries in when that happened (speaking of poor judgment) and decided with Hudson downstairs I could rectify this with only the one chirp the detector would emit when powered up. Well that one short chirp caused my poor pooch to run upstairs, squat and evacuate her entire bladder at my feet, and then run up into my office where she cowered in the bathroom for an hour. Note to self: Next time it would be a better to do this when she is out in the yard. From her standpoint, it would probably be better still to just discard the smoke detector and take our chances.

Chirpy Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Pheus and Mor.
Stories: Kato Says O.J. Simpson Is Guilty. Thanks WalterEgo.
Concerning Levels of Carcinogen Found in Consumer Reports Samples. Thanks j.c.f.
Science: A Robot With a Delicate Touch. Thanks j.c.f.
U.S. Dropped Nukes On Beer, and It Was a Good Idea, Too. Thanks nin via Slashdot.
Study Shows People with Psychopathic Behavior Have Poor Sense of Smell.
Media: Video Game Crossovers, Super Mario RPG to God of War to Real Life. Thanks GameInformer.
Fan Academy: Looper's Guns.
Back to the Whoture and Back to the Future with Skrillex.
The Funnies: Ultimate Tragedy Cartoon - Savage Chickens.

View
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2012, 10:58 BobBob

One night, while I was gone, my smoke detector's battery ran out. My parrot at the time was listening to the beep. Even after I changed the battery, I heard, beep, beep, beep, constantly for a week from the parrot.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 21, 10:17 Re: Out of the Blue nin
>> 3. Sep 21, 10:58  Re: Out of the Blue BobBob
  6. Sep 21, 13:55  Re: Out of the Blue The Half Elf
  7. Sep 21, 14:25   Re: Out of the Blue DG
  8. Sep 21, 19:28    Re: Out of the Blue DrSquick
  2. Sep 21, 10:22 Re: Out of the Blue space captain
  4. Sep 21, 11:21 Re: Out of the Blue dardin
  5. Sep 21, 12:30  Re: Out of the Blue Agent.X7
  9. Sep 22, 07:32   Re: Out of the Blue Fantaz