Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: etc., etc. Sep 21, 2012, 19:35 Mordecai Walfish

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 06:53:
Rattlehead wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 00:14:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:26:
From what I've read the land masses for Morrowind and Oblivion are already in the default game...
I vaguely remember a quote from one of the designers saying they put in those blank landscapes as a reference point to designing the landscape of Skyrim so it match the surrounding regions.

Really cool if true. I'd love to be able to keep walking and walking from one part of Tamriel to the other. I miss the magic/spell creation system from morrowind. Skyrim's magic is pretty piss poor and i dont like the midas magic mod very much.

It is true, but the only thing besides basic landmass form is the imperial city, as was discovered shortly after skyrim released:

http://www.geekosystem.com/skyrim-explorer-travels-morrowind-oblivion/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: etc., etc. Sep 21, 2012, 06:53 dj LiTh

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 00:14:
From what I've read the land masses for Morrowind and Oblivion are already in the default game...
I vaguely remember a quote from one of the designers saying they put in those blank landscapes as a reference point to designing the landscape of Skyrim so it match the surrounding regions.

Really cool if true. I'd love to be able to keep walking and walking from one part of Tamriel to the other. I miss the magic/spell creation system from morrowind. Skyrim's magic is pretty piss poor and i dont like the midas magic mod very much.

5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 21, 2012, 00:14 Rattlehead

4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 21:27 Mordecai Walfish

Crustacean Soup wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 21:08:
Urgh, Java. Big ol' security risk that is.

Also, see how long that site stays up before Nintendo notices.

Agreed on the java part.. but that site operates without directly providing roms, they only have the emulator hosted there and the roms are provided from various 3rd party sites, loaded on-demand when you play a game.

Interesting tactic that would put the pressure on the actual rom hosting sites, presumably.

nintendo8 has been up for years with no takedowns so far.. anyway

3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 21:08 Crustacean Soup

Urgh, Java. Big ol' security risk that is.

Also, see how long that site stays up before Nintendo notices.

2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 20:26 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 20:23 deqer

Cool ... if it worked.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo