Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 21, 2012, 08:50 eRe4s3r

More importantly.. SimCopter had an ending???  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 21, 2012, 05:29 Prez

BobBob wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:18:
Will there be a day when we don't care about sexual orientation? I've watched too much Star Trek.

Maybe. It's a long time off though. With modern day media constantly calling attention to (in an almost obsessive manner) cultural issues like race and sexual orientation, it's always being put front and center in peoples' minds, making it almost impossible to NOT pay attention to it in some capacity. To whit, it was really the media more than anyone else that kept pointing out that Tony Dungee was the first black NFL coach to win a Super Bowl, so much so that he himself got tired of it. He would have preferred they would just have honored his accomplishments as a coach without qualifying it as such, which can actually serve to trivialize the accomplishment. As far as sexual orientation, TV shows like the "New Normal" make it kind of hard to not pay attention to sexual orientation when it is the whole premise of the show.

I get why news outlets and TV and movie studios do these sorts of things, but they tend to go WAY overboard with it. It's hard to ignore when it's constantly being brought up. It's possible that as time goes on it will become less "newsworthy" and novel and it will just fade back into the background and everyone will find something else to lose their minds over, but who knows if and when it will happen.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2012, 21:43 Cutter

I'd love to be bi! Best of both worlds. It was like that line Jason Bateman said in that Russel Crowe flick, 'Why leave anyone out?' I've always been a hedonist as much as possible but as much as I've considered it I'm just down with the ladies. Much like Tone Loc in the 80s.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 20:53 The Half Elf

Nope that was the TNG episode I was referring to  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 20:35 BobBob

There was an ST:TNG episode on that (he was working on a scientific breakthrough but they wanted to kill him off -- Troy's mom was upset), unless you are referring to Logan's Run. I'm more nerd than I like to admit.  

9. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 20:31 The Half Elf

BobBob wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:18:
Will there be a day when we don't care about sexual orientation? I've watched too much Star Trek.

I still sorta like the idea of people being killed when they hit a certain age...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 20:18 BobBob

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 17:21 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 15:43:
Here in CA there is now an uprising in Bi-Sexual rights. Gay's don't treat them fairly either (hippo's). You just got to love it baby!

Fuck them Bi's! They just want everything for themselves!

One of the reason's I stay out of the event's/fundraisers/groups in the Cincinnati area is due to how fucking mean/rude/cruel/evil/hateful they can be towards each other. Just a bunch of spiteful queens in charge of splintering a group of people working towards the same goal. It's mind boggling.

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2012, 16:37 BobBob

This is their answer to BlizzCon. Same difference.  

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2012, 16:16 jdreyer

Jivaro wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 13:44:
“EA believes that to be truly innovative, you must be inclusive. We are proud to be a part of this event.”

EA is innovative?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am glad they support Gaymercon...but I am not really sure I see the connection between that and innovation. In fact, I am fairly certain that EA doesn't see the connection between anything and innovation.

Innovation might not be the right word, but five years ago EA isn't doing this. The world has changed, and good on EA for recognizing that.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 15:43 HorrorScope

Here in CA there is now an uprising in Bi-Sexual rights. Gay's don't treat them fairly either (hippo's). You just got to love it baby!  

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2012, 13:47 The Half Elf

The last thing I want is EA on my back, I don't care how drunk or high I've ever been.

NO!

Didn't EA fire the guy who made the gay ending of SimCopter from Maxis?

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2012, 13:44 Jivaro

“EA believes that to be truly innovative, you must be inclusive. We are proud to be a part of this event.”

EA is innovative?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am glad they support Gaymercon...but I am not really sure I see the connection between that and innovation. In fact, I am fairly certain that EA doesn't see the connection between anything and innovation.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2012, 12:23 Cutter

"We work hard...we play hard..." *everybody dance now....*

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo