Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 21, 2012, 08:14 John

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 03:32:
Wife and I are getting the Galaxy III - after the kindle fire experience, I am all about android devices, couldn't be happier. Assuming I can also hook both of them up to my amazon account and will have 5 devices on the accont (the max).
Bah, you might as well wait for the Galaxy S IV.. it should be out in a few months or so.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 21, 2012, 03:32 xXBatmanXx

hahahah Saw the +1 minute long commercial with a bunch of people all over the USA waiting in line with their trendy white earbuds in all excited that the new feature would be the audio jack ON THE BOTTOM of the iPhone.....

Then....well...I suggest you watch. I actually LOL.

http://youtu.be/nf5-Prx19ZM

Well we are gonna get that for sure!......well, maybe not THIS time, but NEXT time......right?

I love you Samsung.
Wife and I are getting the Galaxy III - after the kindle fire experience, I am all about android devices, couldn't be happier. Assuming I can also hook both of them up to my amazon account and will have 5 devices on the accont (the max).

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2012, 23:45 SectorEffector

BobBob wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:15:
I was considering Nexus 7 but it lacks a camera and I read the touch screen has a lot of issues. Is this true?

Yes it lacks the camera, and the touchscreen just isn't as good as my Ipad's screen. Ipad rarely misses on input response, the nexus from time to time feels like a supermarket touch screen with a certain select number of apps. It's excruciatingly awful with those select apps, srsly it's exactly like a laggy supermarket touchscreen at times. Games aren't as fast as the iPad but I'm not fairly comparing the two, they are different demographics, the 7" market has different expectations one should review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2012, 20:15 BobBob

I was considering Nexus 7 but it lacks a camera and I read the touch screen has a lot of issues. Is this true?  

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2012, 16:16 SectorEffector

best there is, is impossible in the market of smart phones anymore when screen size comes into play.

So many people love either way, and I always have found my Android devices to be wonderful, the iOS devices always felt way more solid when it came to visual response and FPS. Even my Nexus with Tegra 3 has FPS caps all over, and the menu is really sluggish when the card inside has no problem rendering Unreal Mobile Engine but a menu of icons with text and widgets has sluggish below 24 fps response.

I love both but its really like comparing 60 hz and 120 hz monitors.

Playing a game at 2560x1440 at 120 is night and day.

While the Apple is probably at 60fps, ( my iphone 4 and 4s New Ipad)

my Android ( droid Razr, Nexus7, Transformer ) feels like it's smooth sometimes but then often it just gets sluggish and feels unresponsive, not to say it freezes ( all phones do ) but it just has sluggish performance rendering a set of icons for apps.

Moreso a programming issue I'm sure, but side by side each iOS UI wise is much smoother imo, in terms of FPS. While I feel my Android devices have greater functionality, I'm part of the hobbyist group that demands full fps, without frame limits etc.

Love both, but I think Apples got the right idea with pretty, and smooth. They need bigger screens. Still wish the nexus had a home button , I find it get's really 2nd nature when you're used to the iOS having some semblance of a mechanical button to hold on to hope to a physical connection to the mobo that's mechanical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

3. Re: Quantifying the Impending iOS 6 Maps Backlash Sep 20, 2012, 16:14 John

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 13:23:
I might be in this boat, as well. I like Apple's hardware and I think they've nailed the form factor with the iPhone. The screen quality is excellent and the size is ideal. However, I use Google apps, Maps, Youtube, etc... more than any other. grrr....
There is already a new YouTube app out and I'm sure Google will be releasing their own Google Maps app too since Apple stopped using it. I'm waiting for a new jailbreak before I upgrade to iOS6 though.

This space is available for rent

2. Re: Quantifying the Impending iOS 6 Maps Backlash Sep 20, 2012, 13:23 Dagnamit

BobBob wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 12:38:
My next purchase will be Android. Apple just lost my interest.

I might be in this boat, as well. I like Apple's hardware and I think they've nailed the form factor with the iPhone. The screen quality is excellent and the size is ideal. However, I use Google apps, Maps, Youtube, etc... more than any other. grrr....

I guess I'm not updating to iOS 6 for a while.

1. Re: Quantifying the Impending iOS 6 Maps Backlash Sep 20, 2012, 12:38 BobBob

My next purchase will be Android. Apple just lost my interest.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo