Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion

Wizards of the Coast now offers the Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Expansion, adding more content to the digital version of the card-based strategy game. The PC edition is available through Steam, where they offer the following summary: "In the Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Expansion, enjoy five new playable decks whose colors correspond to the guilds in Return to Ravnica, five new puzzling challenges, and ten new single-player campaign levels. Put your spell-slinging skills to the test and try to defeat the guilds and unlock their new decks!"

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion Sep 20, 2012, 10:54 Ceribaen

Keith wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 22:40:
I would like to see most of the interface and what-not migrate to Magic Online. Duels has been pretty solid and is fairly easy to navigate, whereas Magic Online has pretty much been a huge dissapointment and sucks balls.
Uggh no.
The DOTP interface every year gets more and more console controller oriented.
I haven't grabbed 2013 yet, but I looked into initially and from the first set of comments about it would seem that they continued their slide of introducing new bugs without fixing old ones each iteration.
I'll probably grab it when it comes up on sale about Christmas/Easter or next summer... but I never buy them full price because of how shovelware-like the PC version is typically.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion Sep 20, 2012, 03:25 Prez

I was really surprised at how much I liked the Magic the Gathering-style card game (I had never played the game before in any format). I bought an earlier DotPW on a Steam sale some time back not really expecting anything but in the mood to try something new and ended up really liking it.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion Sep 20, 2012, 02:08 Esoteric

I would probably get this if there wasn't so many good games out right now. GW2, BL2, TL2, X-Com coming up... Too many great games, not enough time.  

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion Sep 19, 2012, 23:22 MisterBenn

I believe I read somewhere that a unified online magic interface bringing Magic Online and a DOTP-like graphics together was being planned, although that was over a year ago and I haven't seen any announcements or anything yet.

It's worth mentioning that the community has come up with about 30 decks as well so far which are all free. I download those but I also buy all the DLC because variety is good but also I think the game in general is great value particularly at budget price and I want to encourage them to keep updating it.

Playing: Path of Exile, Trials Evolution, Magic 2014.

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion Sep 19, 2012, 22:40 Keith

I would like to see most of the interface and what-not migrate to Magic Online. Duels has been pretty solid and is fairly easy to navigate, whereas Magic Online has pretty much been a huge dissapointment and sucks balls.  

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion Sep 19, 2012, 22:06 jacobvandy

Five decks for $5, hell yes.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo