Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 DLC Clue

Superannuation's Kotaku column has some of the sleuth's latest findings, including word of a cancelled Contra title that had been in the works at Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager Development. Most substantial are the indications that Borderlands 2 DLC is in development at The Workshop, developers of PlayStation Move game Sorcery. In addition to word that they are working on content for Gearbox's new sequel, they also have signs that The Workshop is shopping around its own multiplayer first-person shooter.

View
9. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue Sep 20, 2012, 09:39 Panickd

finga wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 05:56:
deqer wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 02:23:
Why not release mod tools and let us make our own DLC?

Because many companies believe that if you release it, you HAVE to support it, and few companies want to *support* mod tools. Many devs' mod tools are in an unfinished, broken state.

Plus, no one makes Gearbox stuff like Gearbox. This isn't Skyrim.

Yeah because DNF was just rocking awesome! Am I right?!?!?

But seriously, it has nothing to do with support (slap a beta tag on it and "we are not responsible if this breaks your shit" in the EULA and you're covered). It's all about that sweet, sweet DLC $$$. Games with mod tools and an active community using them are less likely to have players who are going to pay for DLC (on the PC, console users are stuck). That's why Bethesda made the first DLC for Skyrim more of a mini-expansion than your standard DLC fare. While I loved the first Borderlands, there were two of the DLC packs that I felt were kind of weak and had I not gotten the whole shebang during a Steam sale, I wouldn't have put money on them.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 19, 20:33 Re: More Big Picture Details HorrorScope
  2. Sep 19, 22:21  Re: More Big Picture Details Dev
  3. Sep 20, 00:28   Re: More Big Picture Details PropheT
  4. Sep 20, 01:33   Re: More Big Picture Details HorrorScope
  8. Sep 20, 09:26    Re: More Big Picture Details nin
  5. Sep 20, 02:23 Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue deqer
  6. Sep 20, 05:10  Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue RailWizard
  7. Sep 20, 05:56  Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue finga
>> 9. Sep 20, 09:39   Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue Panickd
  10. Sep 20, 11:08    Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue PHJF