Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 DLC Clue

Superannuation's Kotaku column has some of the sleuth's latest findings, including word of a cancelled Contra title that had been in the works at Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager Development. Most substantial are the indications that Borderlands 2 DLC is in development at The Workshop, developers of PlayStation Move game Sorcery. In addition to word that they are working on content for Gearbox's new sequel, they also have signs that The Workshop is shopping around its own multiplayer first-person shooter.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 11:39 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 11:08:

The added injector makes the AA picture perfect and the one line mod to an .ini to remove cell shading is very nice (preference).

Really, now... is it so difficult to put these things in games? I enjoy digging through .inis and .cfgs to subtly alter the nuances of engines. I don't enjoy having to inject my shit to change basic settings.

I agree. Esp with the injector. These companies try to come up with some form of reasonable AA. And this simple injector can just be placed in a folder and it has better quality AA and faster AA. So why not just use this method in the core code? Silly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue Sep 20, 2012, 11:08 PHJF

The added injector makes the AA picture perfect and the one line mod to an .ini to remove cell shading is very nice (preference).

Really, now... is it so difficult to put these things in games? I enjoy digging through .inis and .cfgs to subtly alter the nuances of engines. I don't enjoy having to inject my shit to change basic settings.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue Sep 20, 2012, 09:39 Panickd

finga wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 05:56:
deqer wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 02:23:
Why not release mod tools and let us make our own DLC?

Because many companies believe that if you release it, you HAVE to support it, and few companies want to *support* mod tools. Many devs' mod tools are in an unfinished, broken state.

Plus, no one makes Gearbox stuff like Gearbox. This isn't Skyrim.

Yeah because DNF was just rocking awesome! Am I right?!?!?

But seriously, it has nothing to do with support (slap a beta tag on it and "we are not responsible if this breaks your shit" in the EULA and you're covered). It's all about that sweet, sweet DLC $$$. Games with mod tools and an active community using them are less likely to have players who are going to pay for DLC (on the PC, console users are stuck). That's why Bethesda made the first DLC for Skyrim more of a mini-expansion than your standard DLC fare. While I loved the first Borderlands, there were two of the DLC packs that I felt were kind of weak and had I not gotten the whole shebang during a Steam sale, I wouldn't have put money on them.

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 09:26 nin

The engine is amazing, so huge, loads fast runs fast.

Yeah, I expected to have to turn things down a little, but I think I have everything cranked, and it runs great. Very nice surprise...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue Sep 20, 2012, 05:56 finga

Is it free? If not, why?
No. For the same reason expansion packs aren't free.

Because many companies believe that if you release it, you HAVE to support it, and few companies want to *support* mod tools. Many devs' mod tools are in an unfinished, broken state.

Plus, no one makes Gearbox stuff like Gearbox. This isn't Skyrim.

Oh, and btw... How do you cancel a Contra title? Seriously, how do you cancel something that is so easy to make, and has such a legendary title? ...
Bad games get canceled all the time. (They also often get released.)

6. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue Sep 20, 2012, 05:10 RailWizard

Is it free? If not, why?

Do we care about your DLC? Why?

Did not read, but I doubt it. The 'season pass' (ala BF3 Premium = multi unreleased DLC's..) is $30 on top of the $60 for the game.

5. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Clue Sep 20, 2012, 02:23 deqer

Is it free? If not, why?

Do we care about your DLC? Why?

Ya...

Oh, and btw... How do you cancel a Contra title? Seriously, how do you cancel something that is so easy to make, and has such a legendary title? ...

4. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 01:33 HorrorScope

Dev wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 22:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 20:33:
What injector? Link?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42272877&postcount=4640

This game is Fallout meets Diablo. The engine is amazing, so huge, loads fast runs fast. Fallout engine on steroids.

3. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 20, 2012, 00:28 PropheT

Not sure about the injector, but you can use this:

Open WillowEngine.ini in C:/Users/yourprofile/My Games/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/Config/

and change:
DefaultPostProcessName=WillowEngineMaterials.Willo wScenePostProcess

to:
DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.DefaultUIPo stProcess

I think it has problems with depth of field from what I read, but I had that turned off anyway, so...

I like the look of it much better. Takes out a lot of the thick black lines in the game and makes it blend a lot better. Looks pretty spiffy.

2. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 19, 2012, 22:21 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 20:33:
What injector? Link?

1. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 19, 2012, 20:33 HorrorScope

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo