Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 10:52 Matshock

Prez wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 02:53:
I got it.

Anyway, I am a little surprised to see the special forces guys being so nonchalant about breaking their secrecy mandate - the Seals I worked with in the USN were majorly professional and by-the-book.

Attitude comes from the top down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 04:19 Cutter

MOH: Operation Herpin the Derp.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 03:32 RailWizard

Prez wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 03:11:
With great power comes great responsibility. While they might be better off acting like robots, I'm glad they don't. Robots would kill every last one of you without thinking if their masters ordered it.

Call it "operating like robots" if you like; people join the military with the understanding that you are going to be expected to follow orders. The soldier is allowed and in fact obligated to think for themselves if the orders are egregious (hence the "just following orders" defense did not work at Nuremberg), but there is a good reason for the secrecy mandate which should be self-evident and is not such an instance.

Well it is hard to say if he's right or not, but the whole OBL event does have a certain stink to it.

7. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 03:11 Prez

With great power comes great responsibility. While they might be better off acting like robots, I'm glad they don't. Robots would kill every last one of you without thinking if their masters ordered it.

Call it "operating like robots" if you like; people join the military with the understanding that you are going to be expected to follow orders. The soldier is allowed and in fact obligated to think for themselves if the orders are egregious (hence the "just following orders" defense did not work at Nuremberg), but there is a good reason for the secrecy mandate which should be self-evident and is not such an instance.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

6. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 02:57 RailWizard

Prez wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 02:53:
I got it.

Anyway, I am a little surprised to see the special forces guys being so nonchalant about breaking their secrecy mandate - the Seals I worked with in the USN were majorly professional and by-the-book.

5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 02:53 Prez

I got it.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 00:37 RailWizard

It's off the scale, in reverse.  

3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 00:15 Sepharo

RailWizard wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 00:12:
Care level: ||||||<-1-------0-------+1>

<-1-||||||0------+1>

?

2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 00:12 RailWizard

Care level: ||||||<-1-------0-------+1>  

1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 00:08 DangerDog

This game is more sci-fi future fantasy than black-ops II, oh no the enemy might find out we have regenerative health and the ability to see through walls at will - those aren't just ordinary sun glasses spec-ops are wearing.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo