Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans

The BioWare Social Network reveals plans for new DLC for Mass Effect 3 called Omega, saying they will provide more details over the coming weeks on this single-player content for the action/RPG sequel (thanks GameInformer). Here's word:

Yes indeed. Aaryn Flynn did confirm that Omega will be the next Single Player DLC. We'll have more DLC info in the coming weeks. Aaryn also confirmed we are making a new IP (not ME related obviously) and a new Mass Effect game.

It is FAR too early to talk about what this game is or what it will be about. It was only really mentioned because we know that some people will assume that with Ray & Greg leaving BioWare we'll be closing and not making more games. This is, of course, not true. We have Dragon Age 3 Inquisition in the works, more single and multiplay DLC in teh works for ME3, a new game coming in teh Mass Effect franchise and a new IP. Lots of good stuff still to come and when we can fill you in with details, we will. Stay tuned.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 20, 2012, 11:14 Creston

edaciousx wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 23:02:
So you can be disappointed all over again? I just finished 3 recently... with the extended cut. Very very sad ending.... I spent about 120 hours of my life so I can end up killing humanity and taking the rest of the universe down with us.

Are you sure you got the extended cut installed? Because with the Extended Cut, it's pretty clear that that doesn't happen, and that the galaxy and all the races recover.

Do you get a voice over by Shepard/EDI/Hackett at the last part of the ending?

It's funny how Bioware was "Well, we will clarify what the endings meant, because obviously it didn't mean that every inhabited solar system is destroyed and all the races are stuck and will die, and the Normandy is stranded forever!"

And then they just basically pull a massive Retcon, because, oh yeah, that is actually EXACTLY what the ending said, we just don't know our own lore.

The Extended Cut at least makes it less gloomy (though if you have a really low EMS, the Destroy option is actually really awesomely depressing.)

But as for your decisions making any kind of difference to the ending, yeah, they don't. They change stuff throughout the ME3 game itself (never anything major, but characters can live or die based on your previous decisions), but the ending is A, B, C or D. And D is just there as a "FUCK YOU!" from Bioware to the people who complained about their shitty ending.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 23:02 edaciousx

So you can be disappointed all over again? I just finished 3 recently... with the extended cut. Very very sad ending.... I spent about 120 hours of my life so I can end up killing humanity and taking the rest of the universe down with us.  

17. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 19:44 Asmo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 15:45:
I still have Mass Effect 1&2 on the backburner in my steam catalog.. probably should get around to playing through those but hearing about 3's ending I think has made me less enthusiastic to play them. Maybe in 2013 ^_^

With the new ending, it makes it a lot more palatable than the original ending of 3. I enjoyed 3 entirely up until, literally, the last 15 minutes. I'm going to do what I did with 2 and give it a year to bed down any/all DLC, pick it up cheap at some point and play through 1-3 again.

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 17:19 Beelzebud

I'm reminded of this:

http://youtu.be/5NNOrp_83RU

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 16:54 Draugr

Yeah, story based DLC in me3 sounds so uninteresting. (and based on what heard about leviathan, it is.) Why I would care about the leviathan story given the conclusion of me3 is beyond me.

I wonder what the new IP will be. My guess is something steampunkish, it's all the rage these days.

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 16:20 Cabezone

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 15:52:
I still have Mass Effect 1&2 on the backburner in my steam catalog.. probably should get around to playing through those but hearing about 3's ending I think has made me less enthusiastic to play them. Maybe in 2013 ^_^

I wouldn't worry about that you'll have about 150 great hours before you hit that final weird hour. You'll also only be exposed to the improved ending instead of the nonsensical one we all went through.

Indeed, still worth the playthrough.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 16:08 The Half Elf

JoeNapalm wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 14:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:08:

Had they had that video as a ending, I would be offering a kidney for the next game. But the ending was so badly contrived that as others have said I have no more interest in Mass Effect.

And this from a guy who's forum avatar is an N7 logo.

Great job, Bioware! Great job.

(One of my favorite IPs, and at the end, I was simply depressed.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I added the logo (and only logo I've had) back during Mass Effect 2 which like Spider Man 2 is the best of the series. (And Empire Strikes Back)

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 15:52 NegaDeath

I wouldn't worry about that you'll have about 150 great hours before you hit that final weird hour. You'll also only be exposed to the improved ending instead of the nonsensical one we all went through.

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 15:45 Mordecai Walfish

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 14:08 JoeNapalm

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:08:

Had they had that video as a ending, I would be offering a kidney for the next game. But the ending was so badly contrived that as others have said I have no more interest in Mass Effect.

And this from a guy who's forum avatar is an N7 logo.

Great job, Bioware! Great job.

(One of my favorite IPs, and at the end, I was simply depressed.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

This situation reminds me of DA2 where the companies behind the game decided that spending anymore money on making dlc/content for the game was futile and simply shut everything down.

Feels like someone pulled the plug for the ME3 DLC train a long time ago and these weird fragments that were done or close to done are dropping. I'm sure they're hard at work on ME4.

Shepard wakes up from a dream, goes the council. I've seen how this will end! You have to listen to me! I've seen HORRIBLE THINGS! The reapers...the reapers are nothing. It's the fans! We have to do something about the fans!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 11:15 eRe4s3r

Ah.. good thing I did not buy that then. I was kinda holding back because I had no idea how story DLC for ME3 could possibly work. In-between it would just add some superfluous crap, and at the end.. well the end is the end. Shep is dead. No content extension possible

Seems to be I might just as well watch a let's play of the DLC instead.

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 11:08 The Half Elf

Trevellian wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 10:26:
Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 09:52:
Bioware has traditionally done pretty good singleplayer DLC but the ending for ME3 really just kinda put a damper on the franchise for me. I haven't bought any DLC for ME3 and have no plans to in the future, I think I'll just wait and see how the next ME game is.

Agree, after finishing ME3 I was just done with the series. No amount of DLC can make up for that disappointment. If they had just gone with the elaborate "Shepard was Indoctrinated" ending that the guy on Youtube put together really well. I may have been able to accept the game. But as it stands I'm just... meh.
If you have not seen said video http://youtu.be/ythY_GkEBck?hd=1
It's fairly in depth. This is how I choose to believe ME3 ended. Screw Bioware.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 19, 2012, 10:51 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 10:06:
The Dr's leave and now we see tehy can't even spell.

But why is it FAR too early to talk about it? Is this like 2-3 years out DLC?

He means it's far too early to talk about the new mass effect game.

Creston

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 10:50 Creston

Bioware has traditionally done pretty good singleplayer DLC but the ending for ME3 really just kinda put a damper on the franchise for me. I haven't bought any DLC for ME3 and have no plans to in the future, I think I'll just wait and see how the next ME game is.

Unfortunately, Leviathan is a giant piece of shit. It's 3 missions, each of which is at most ten minutes long, and the whole thing is only padded out by stupid "run back and forth" sections designed solely for that purpose.

The much bally-hood underwater section lasts LITERALLY two minutes. You walk down a path, fall down, turn right, walk forward, fall down, turn left and that's it. Then you meet with Leviathan, who agrees to help you after about 3 minutes of conversation, even though they have stubbornly clung to their current method of hiding for BILLIONS of years.

And what do you get for all of this? Well, a few upgrades that they ported straight over from MP, a 400 rating war asset for Leviathan (Which surprised me. I had said it'd be 75.) annddd... oh, that's it. And it changes one line in the ending.

All this for just ten bucks, people!

It's possible that Leviathan got short-thrift because they spent so much time on the Extended Cut, and that Omega will be back to the Overlord/Lair of the Shadowbroker quality I've come to expect. But I'll need some really objective views to convince me of that.

Leviathan was a fucking waste of ten dollars.

Creston

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 10:26 Trevellian

Agree, after finishing ME3 I was just done with the series. No amount of DLC can make up for that disappointment. If they had just gone with the elaborate "Shepard was Indoctrinated" ending that the guy on Youtube put together really well. I may have been able to accept the game. But as it stands I'm just... meh.
If you have not seen said video http://youtu.be/ythY_GkEBck?hd=1
It's fairly in depth. This is how I choose to believe ME3 ended. Screw Bioware.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2012, 10:36.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

3. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 19, 2012, 10:06 HorrorScope

The Dr's leave and now we see tehy can't even spell.

But why is it FAR too early to talk about it? Is this like 2-3 years out DLC?

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 09:52 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 09:45 dj LiTh

teh....i mean meh  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo