Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Humble Indie Bundle 6

The Humble Indie Bundle 6 is now available, offering the chance to get a good deal on some indie games while doing a good deed for charity. Here's word on the new bundle:

Humble Indie Bundle 6 features six fantastic titles and five breathtaking soundtracks. Name your price and dive into the critically acclaimed action-RPG Torchlight; the rugged sci-fi action platformer Rochard; physics-based brick breaker Shatter; top down space combat sim Space Pirates and Zombies; and steampunk puzzle platformer Vessel. Customers who beat the average price will also get the incredible frantic acrobatic platformer, Dustforce!

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 20, 2012, 09:16 nin

Wish the keys were individual, so I could gift the games I already had. But I went ahead and grabbed it based on the recommendations of the shatter soundtrack.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 20, 2012, 01:41 Jensen

Jerykk wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 01:28:
I don't think you actually need any upgrades to beat the game. The upgrades just make it easier to solve some puzzles. The upgrade that lets you create a blob thing from nothing is especially handy.
Yeah, I know you don't need the nozzle upgrades. But do they make a simpler solution possible? or do they just make it easier to implement the solution? If it's the first case, I might not want the upgrade because I want an intellectual challenge... but if it just makes the controls easier, I want it.

Maybe the level design had to be looser to accommodate the different options?

Bah... I'm probably over analyzing it.

14. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 17:37 Julio

Torchlight 1 never really seemed to have enough depth for me, but at this price I'll pick it up.  

13. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 13:48 Alamar

Fion wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 13:18:
It's most def a solid bundle. Unfortunately I already own most of the game.s I'll wait and see what else they add over the next week or so.

I'm on the fence myself, already owning all but vessel and dust force, and I recommend each of them, especially at the insane $1 (heh) cost : )

-Alamar

12. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 13:18 Fion

It's most def a solid bundle. Unfortunately I already own most of the game.s I'll wait and see what else they add over the next week or so.  

11. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 10:42 Vulkan

Worth it just for the Shatter soundtrack, good lord is the music in this game great.  

10. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 08:17 John

I already had one or two of these games but I like to support them so I paid some and just put a little more to charity than usual.  
This space is available for rent

9. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 05:10 Bet

SPaZ, Torchlight and Shatter! hell of a good bundle.

Shatter has one of the best soundtracks you could ask for, thanks to m0dule.

8. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 02:32 mag

Thanks for all of the input, all.

I actually do have Torchlight, though I've barely played it. Sounds like the others might be worth it, though.

7. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 01:28 Jerykk

Jensen wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 23:30:
Vessel is a neat, but flawed, game.
The way the liquids interact and seamlessly transform into creatures is really cool.

It has an optional nozzle upgrade system. This just makes no sense to me for a puzzle game. It would be like Portal having an in game system to craft upgrades like boots that can let you jump 20% higher.

It also has a bit of backtracking. I don't want that in a puzzle game, I want a level at a time, each with it's own discreet set of puzzles. I think I spent some time trying to solve a puzzle that wasn't possible because I didn't have some upgrade.

I got stuck on a puzzle and never finished. It looked like I was about to get some new abilities. Perhaps I should just look at.a guide.

Rochard was fun but stretched thin. Sometimes I wish a developer would just release a 2 hour game instead of streatching out a concept for several hours.

I don't think you actually need any upgrades to beat the game. The upgrades just make it easier to solve some puzzles. The upgrade that lets you create a blob thing from nothing is especially handy.

6. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 00:31 Cyanotetyphas

Hey, there are some games here I don't own! That's a pleasant surprise. Humble Bundle is quickly teaching me not to buy anything unbundled -> Especially in the case of Bundle V.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

5. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 18, 2012, 23:57 jimnms

I already have Rochard, Shattered and SPAZ. I got them all during various Steam sales. I enjoyed Rochard. It wasn't very hard, and the puzzles were quite easy, but I want to play through again and find the two hidden places I missed. Shattered is a good time waster game if you just need to kill some time and don't want to get into something complicated. I really like SPAZ. It's the kind of game you think you're just going to play a bit of, then you just can't stop.

The only game on there I have interest in is Vessel. I was hoping to get it during a Steam sale. I think it came up as a flash sale during the Summer sale. I guess I might as well toss in $5 for the bundle just for Vessel since that's probably what it would go on sale for anyway.

Steam Profile

4. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 18, 2012, 23:30 Jensen

Vessel is a neat, but flawed, game.
The way the liquids interact and seamlessly transform into creatures is really cool.

It has an optional nozzle upgrade system. This just makes no sense to me for a puzzle game. It would be like Portal having an in game system to craft upgrades like boots that can let you jump 20% higher.

It also has a bit of backtracking. I don't want that in a puzzle game, I want a level at a time, each with it's own discreet set of puzzles. I think I spent some time trying to solve a puzzle that wasn't possible because I didn't have some upgrade.

I got stuck on a puzzle and never finished. It looked like I was about to get some new abilities. Perhaps I should just look at.a guide.

Rochard was fun but stretched thin. Sometimes I wish a developer would just release a 2 hour game instead of streatching out a concept for several hours.

3. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 18, 2012, 23:02 Jerykk

Vessel is great if you enjoy puzzle-platformers. Really nice music too. I thought Rochard was pretty fun too, though not as good as Vessel. SPAZ was fun for a bit but then the randomly generated content fatigue sets in and it feels like a grind.

Disappointing that the bundle doesn't include the soundtrack for Vessel.

2. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 18, 2012, 22:29 killer_roach

mag wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 22:23:
Has anyone played any of these? Nothing jumps out at me as a must-have.

Torchlight is pretty good, although if you don't have it already it probably isn't as big a deal to you.

SPAZ is surprisingly fun.

Shatter is great if you're a fan of games like Arkanoid, although it's a bit on the easy side for the genre.

Rochard... meh. A bit overly convoluted for a platformer.

Dustforce is okay, but more for the "platform masochist" set.

Haven't played Vessel.

1. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 18, 2012, 22:23 mag

Has anyone played any of these? Nothing jumps out at me as a must-have.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo