Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter

This Kickstarter seeks funding for Sword of Fargoal 2, a sequel to Sword of Fargoal, a classic Rogulelike dungeon crawler released around 30 years ago for the Commodore VIC-20 and C-64. This is being conducted by SoF creator Jeff McCord, and the campaign's $50,000 goal is to complete the last 20% of a re-imagined version of the game for Windows, OS X, and Linux for release in May 2013.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Sep 20, 2012, 11:59 eRe4s3r

You are contributing to the confusion quite well hehe
Though at least your posts are never boring to read.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Sep 20, 2012, 10:33 space captain

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 08:53:
A game designed for a pad will always be hampered by the lowest denominator that this represents.. hence the "hate" though I am not sure this has any real meaning for a game like this if anything the "simplicity" is what drags it down;)

i wonder if kids are able to tell the difference between "hate" and "disinterest" these days.. also between their ass and a hole in the ground

at least they still understand mockery quite well.. or do they?

its so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Sep 19, 2012, 08:53 eRe4s3r

A game designed for a pad will always be hampered by the lowest denominator that this represents.. hence the "hate" though I am not sure this has any real meaning for a game like this if anything the "simplicity" is what drags it down;)

I am not convinced this Kickstarter will make it to 50k to begin with and the reason is simple, it looks.. like an extremely boring game idea and if all it is a prettier remake with more levels of the game from 30 years ago.. then I say to that.. no thanks

I rather take 50 buggy as hell Obsidian RPG's than another dungeon crawler without any new ideas or concepts.

7. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 19, 2012, 05:43 ASeven

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 00:57:
How far back are we going with this stuff? What's next, a Zaxxon 2 Kickstarter? The Last Ninja? Robin to the Rescue? PONG???

I would throw money at a The Last Ninja remake.

6. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 19, 2012, 02:01 jdreyer

On the one hand, Fargoal was a fun game back in the day. On the other hand, we didn't have Skyrim. Sorry, but sometimes you really can't go home.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 19, 2012, 00:57 Creston

How far back are we going with this stuff? What's next, a Zaxxon 2 Kickstarter? The Last Ninja? Robin to the Rescue? PONG???

Creston

4. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Sep 18, 2012, 23:19 yonder

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 21:15:
Apple tablet game. Pass.

Yes, let's ignore the PC part and the Mac part and the Linux part and only focus on the iPart.

"$50,000 for developing it - not counting sales?" Um... roughly 100% of Kickstarter projects don't count sales. Why the stupid hate?

It's a simple game, that's why Fargoal 2 is 50 grand and Obsidian's "We promise it won't be buggy as hell" is 1.1 million.

3. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 18, 2012, 22:27 space captain

ooh! ooh! when is the pet rock guy gonna do a kickstarter for pet bigger rocks!!!

I CANT FUCKING WAIT

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 18, 2012, 21:54 D4rkKnight

It's a very simple roguelike, even the additions he plans on adding don't expand the game much. $50,000 for developing it - not counting sales? Gotta love kickstarters  

1. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 18, 2012, 21:15 Cutter

Apple tablet game. Pass.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo