Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup

Today sees the North American release of Borderlands 2, and Gearbox Software's role-playing shooter sequel should now be in stores and is also available via GameStop PC Downloads and Steam. Reviews for the game are also now rolling in, and as of this writing it currently enjoys an 88 review average on Metacritic and an 8.8 user score. You can find individual reviews of the return to Pandora on Ars Technica, AtomicGamer, Computer and Video Games, Destructoid, DVICE, Eurogamer, GameSpy, GameStar.de (in German), Giant Bomb, IGN, Kotaku, Latimes.com, PC Gamer, PCMag.com, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Shacknews, USATODAY.com, VentureBeat, and Worthplaying. Also, apparently they've been mixing Red Bull and NoDoze at IGN video, as they offer a 40-part video walkthrough of the game.

View
141 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

121. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 15:52 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 11:11:
Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 10:56:
nin wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 09:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 09:35:
Won a sweet shotty at Moxxi's on the slots. Awesome.

I got a green once, but it wasn't overly awesome. The price also seems a bit high (like $144 a spin?) but that could be due to the beginning of the game, and later that amount will be nothing...

I played about 40 rounds of slots yesterday, and the total cost (after reselling all the guns I got) amounted to about 1200$. In the mean time, I got two blue guns, one of which was awesome.

Creston

Yes, but how many innocent bystanders did you kill or maim this time?!

Just a few drunken hobos that nobody cared about!

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

120. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 15:52 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 11:30:
I had to back out of one of the missions last night. It is that rescue mission. It is a pretty long mission too, took me a few hours to get to the end of it but I just can not fight the end boss.
The mission starts up with human like opponents and in mid mission it switches to robots. My gun setup was for killing flesh so needless to say I was struggling against the robots. After trying and trying I just gave up on the final boss. I've backed out and I gotta get some better weapons for killing robots. The ones that does fire damage are not good, corrosion is the way to go.

To be honest it was getting frustrating but in hind sight I should have been more careful with weapon selection and not focus so much on one type of enemies. So my frustration came from my own decisions to specialize so much in killing living things and ignore everything else.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about doing that mission.

Always always ALWAYS have a different type of damage available in Borderlands. You will eventually run into enemies that are flatout IMMUNE to the type of damage you're doing, and if that's all you're carrying, you're basically dead meat.

I always have an explosive shotgun as a backup to my 2 incendiary weapons.

Creston

119. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 11:42 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 11:30:
I had to back out of one of the missions last night. It is that rescue mission. It is a pretty long mission too, took me a few hours to get to the end of it but I just can not fight the end boss.
The mission starts up with human like opponents and in mid mission it switches to robots. My gun setup was for killing flesh so needless to say I was struggling against the robots. After trying and trying I just gave up on the final boss. I've backed out and I gotta get some better weapons for killing robots. The ones that does fire damage are not good, corrosion is the way to go.

To be honest it was getting frustrating but in hind sight I should have been more careful with weapon selection and not focus so much on one type of enemies. So my frustration came from my own decisions to specialize so much in killing living things and ignore everything else.

That's an excellent point. I've been using fire/flesh, but that's only because that's what's dropped, so far.

Hope to be on more this weekend.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

118. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 11:30 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

117. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 11:11 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 10:56:

I got a green once, but it wasn't overly awesome. The price also seems a bit high (like $144 a spin?) but that could be due to the beginning of the game, and later that amount will be nothing...

I played about 40 rounds of slots yesterday, and the total cost (after reselling all the guns I got) amounted to about 1200$. In the mean time, I got two blue guns, one of which was awesome.

Creston

Yes, but how many innocent bystanders did you kill or maim this time?!

116. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 10:56 Creston

Creston

115. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 09:52 Verno

If you keep tipping Moxxi she gives you some cool guns. Requires a lot of bling though!

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

114. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 09:40 nin

113. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 09:35 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

112. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 23:11 nin

The chat today did mention they're looking into ways of people earning additional keys.

111. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 23:06 Creston

Thanks for the game, Rouxmire!

Creston

110. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 23:05 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 17:28:
So I see it just got a patch, and now that I find the chest in sanctuary, I see it now says "Open" and then the key symbol in parenthesis.

http://imgur.com/S0gd4

So you halfway get a notice. Not sure if that's new or not.

I'm pretty sure it is, yeah. I guess tons of people were opening the thing by mistake.

Creston

109. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 17:28 nin

So I see it just got a patch, and now that I find the chest in sanctuary, I see it now says "Open" and then the key symbol in parenthesis.

http://imgur.com/S0gd4

So you halfway get a notice. Not sure if that's new or not.

108. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 16:10 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 13:59:
Embarrassing how many folks are asking for a free season pass - awesome.
Yeah people are awesome

Steam: SpectralMeat

107. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 13:59 nin

Ongoing Q+A over at K right now...

edit: Embarrassing how many folks are asking for a free season pass - awesome.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2012, 14:06.

106. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 13:56 Creston

Maybe they're being sneaky and they've added in more varieties of loot.

Creston

105. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 13:36 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 13:29:
Verno wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 11:52:
My golden key gave me a pink revolver but as far as I can tell pink isn't part of the loot rarity so I wonder if there are manufacturer specific colors in this or something.

Pink? Did it shine pink, or is the outline just pink? Is the revolver icon at the bottom of the picture pink?

Maybe it's a Breast Cancer Awareness Gun...

Creston

I'll take a screenshot when I get off work but it's definitely a different loot color. It was a Hyperion gun from the golden key chest.

104. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 13:29 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 11:52:
My golden key gave me a pink revolver but as far as I can tell pink isn't part of the loot rarity so I wonder if there are manufacturer specific colors in this or something.

Pink? Did it shine pink, or is the outline just pink? Is the revolver icon at the bottom of the picture pink?

Maybe it's a Breast Cancer Awareness Gun...

Creston

103. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 11:52 Verno

102. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 20, 2012, 11:30 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 10:55:
nin wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 07:48:

/edit: I love the slots at Moxxi's.

Creston nearly killed us with one!

Hahahaha. Yeah what the FUCK was up with that??!
And while I'm standing there going "Hey... I won! Where's my loot?!" nin is down to 9 health and practically dying. Hehehe.

Creston

Yeah, you won all right...a grenade!

I'm loving my sniper rifle that sets people on fire...

141 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo