Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client

GuildWars2.com announces a beta version of the OS X client for Guild Wars 2 is now available, allowing Mac owners to play ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel, with one purchase entitling players to play on both systems. Word is:

The Mac Beta is available to anyone who has purchased or purchases Guild Wars 2. All you need is an active Guild Wars 2 account to download the Mac Beta client. Just log in to account.guildwars2.com and click Download Client to get started. If you have any questions, check out our Mac FAQ.

Keep in mind as you play the Mac Beta that it is a beta product. Performance and system requirements arenít finalized. Review the beta hardware specification, and understand that your overall experience will be better when we release the final version. Even though itís a beta, the Mac client does connect to the same live environment that the PC client connects to.
To bring Guild Wars 2 to the Mac, ArenaNet worked with our partners at TransGaming, whose Cider technology allows us to mirror the game experience as closely as possible between the PC and Mac. This means that future updates to Guild Wars 2 will be available for both platforms simultaneously.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 19:14 Paranoid Jack

A bit off topic but I must vent...

/rant on

Still loving the game yet growing to hate their shitty support more and more each day.

I could understand this if we were still beta testing but now that I am a paying customer I expect a response and shit to work as advertised. I can't even post a support request on their stupid site because they want me to agree to their EU BS for a third time and it's bugged... damn their buggy real money/gem store bullshit.

For the love of God I've already agreed to it repeatedly during the beta and account set up. Now I am locked out of filing a support post because of your shitty support?

/rant off

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of it. Still love the game play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 18:44 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 17:37:
Hmmm, doesn't seem like it went through. What's your ID tag, Creston?

It's Creston Whitefall.6380

Creston

37. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 18:43 Creston

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 18:28:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 17:19:
Will W and Wallshadows, I've sent you both an invite. To be honest, I have no idea if it worked or not... I don't know if I CAN send you an invite or if Cutter needs to do it.

But anyway, check when you're on.

Creston

Everyone in the guild is an officer and should be able to send invites and pretty much do everything else.

I put both their names in the Search/Invite box, but neither ever showed up. I sent the invite anyway, but it seems like it didn't go through.

Creston

36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 18:28 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 17:19:
Will W and Wallshadows, I've sent you both an invite. To be honest, I have no idea if it worked or not... I don't know if I CAN send you an invite or if Cutter needs to do it.

Creston

Everyone in the guild is an officer and should be able to send invites and pretty much do everything else.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 17:41 BobBob

Verno wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 11:50:
... I'm an unkillable asshole who frequently distracts groups of 5-10 people from an objective ...

We have a lot in common.

34. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 17:37 Wallshadows

Hmmm, doesn't seem like it went through. What's your ID tag, Creston?  

33. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 17:19 Creston

Creston

32. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 16:43 DeadlyAccurate

Bucky wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:56:
I'm always willing to help, and I have all eight classes at various levels.

My Warrior is still my main at this point, but I've been thinking about giving the Elementalist another try. The Warrior is powerful, but kind of simple to play, IMO. Pets irritate me right now, and with 20 weapon skills to juggle and the lowest base HP in the game, it should prove challenging.

The elementalist is awesome to play. I love throwing down combo fields for the archers and melee guys and providing healing in a big battle. Plus it has a ranged rezzing glyph. I also think it's awesome to play a spellcaster who actually has to circle-strafe and dodge to live, rather than depend on tanks to keep mobs off them.

31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 16:32 eunichron

Well, that's pretty neat but it's still just a 3rd party wrapper, which means likely performance and compatibility issues. I don't really game on my MBP, but I'll give this a shot just to see how it goes and contribute to the beta. Though, hopefully this is only the first step, just to get something out there, while they work on a native OS X client.  

30. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 16:28 Wallshadows

Aye, same here. Swung in from Gate of Madness when TC was at 'high'.

Crom.4361

29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 16:00 Will W

Any chance I can get an invite to the guild? I was able to transfer over to the server, it seems like it goes from "High" to "Full" and back and forth, but when I looked it happened to be on "High" and they let me switch over for free.

[edit] Forgot my user info, Ratneck.1473 [/edit]

28. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 15:44 Creston

sauron wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:56:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:08:
All the missions get like that. "Oh, hai, you're alone! Here, deal with a dozen destroyers all at once! HAR HAR HAR Oh you're dead. Oh well!"

Creston

Ya, so far on the Guardian those missions have played out rather different.

'Ohai zerglings! I'm a brick wall. With a shield. And a mace the size of your HEAD!' HAR HAR HAR! *lays the smack down*

My Guardian so far hasn't died, and he's level 18 or so. I've come close a few times (against champions who one-shot you), but he stays upright. However, my warrior makes me laugh how much he can take. Two wolves attack me, so I'm ganking them, and they both summon another. So now there's four wolves. And then a Veteran Alpha Wolf joins in.

Oh, okay. Slice, slice, hack, slash, slice. Warrior walks off, with a few more leather squares in his backpack.

My thief would have likely died as soon as those summoned wolves joined in. She wouldn't have even lasted until the Veteran.

Creston

27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 15:29 Creston

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:30:
Blue's Guild = The Silent Reign on The Tarnish Coast server.

Cres, is all your gear up to speed for your current level? Buffs on gear? Jewllery? Are you utilizing foodstuffs? My jewellery is maxed so I can make it all now though I will need base mats. Didja ask around in the official forums? I've seen some posts in there with really solid advice from people who seem to know a particular class really well.

My weapons and main armor are always up to level (I buy new on the TP every 5 levels), the rest is probably a bit low, but we're talking about a total of 100 armor or so with everything all added up. With my total toughness+armor, that's like a 5% difference in damage resistance, which wouldn't let me live longer than 0.01 seconds anyway.

In the battle for Claw Island, I was walking around with 5800 health, and a simple Risen mook did blows of 1200 damage. That's per mook, per attack. You get attacked by three, four, five at a time... A Destroyer did 1500 damage per blow, and set you on fire for 5 seconds at a rate of 500/s. I guess to Arenanet that's considered survivable? (well, I guess it sorta is, since I DID make it through that battle, even if it took 12 deaths and an hour+ of playing. For one battle...)

As for the people offering to help out, thanks guys. When I feel like picking my thief back up again, I'll come calling.

Creston

26. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:56 sauron

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:08:
All the missions get like that. "Oh, hai, you're alone! Here, deal with a dozen destroyers all at once! HAR HAR HAR Oh you're dead. Oh well!"

Creston

Ya, so far on the Guardian those missions have played out rather different.

'Ohai zerglings! I'm a brick wall. With a shield. And a mace the size of your HEAD!' HAR HAR HAR! *lays the smack down*

Kittens!

25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:56 Bucky

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 13:35:
Bucky wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:03:
Why not bring a few people along for the story quest?

I've tried. Nobody wants to play in another person's story, because they get zero XP. (well, they get a few xp from kills, but other than that, nada.) So it becomes a question of "Why would we?"...

Creston

I'm always willing to help, and I have all eight classes at various levels.

My Warrior is still my main at this point, but I've been thinking about giving the Elementalist another try. The Warrior is powerful, but kind of simple to play, IMO. Pets irritate me right now, and with 20 weapon skills to juggle and the lowest base HP in the game, it should prove challenging.

24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:44 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 13:35:
Bucky wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:03:
Why not bring a few people along for the story quest?

I've tried. Nobody wants to play in another person's story, because they get zero XP. (well, they get a few xp from kills, but other than that, nada.) So it becomes a question of "Why would we?"...

Creston

I'll always help if you ask, unless I am going to log off soon or I am at work where I may need to afk for an hour without notice. I don't pay attention to xp, and am actually getting annoyed that I level so fast.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:34 Endo

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:30:

Cres, is all your gear up to speed for your current level? Buffs on gear? Jewllery? Are you utilizing foodstuffs? My jewellery is maxed so I can make it all now though I will need base mats. Didja ask around in the official forums? I've seen some posts in there with really solid advice from people who seem to know a particular class really well.

With the thief it just doesn't matter. You will have about as much survivability as a kleenex no matter what your gear is.

22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:33 Endo

sauron wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 13:16:
Endo wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:22:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 11:02:
I'm giving up on my Thief...

In the meantime, my Warrior just stands there at level 15 and tanks 2 lvl 17 Sons of Svanir and 2 lvl 16 icewolfs without breaking a fucking sweat.

Creston

Black powder can help a lot in some situations, which is why I usually use dagger with pistol offhand. But in other situations it's just useless.

And totally agree with you about the warrior. In fact, I'm doing EXACTLY the same as you. My thief has been my main (up to 52 now) and as of yesterday I decided to shelve her and work on my warrior. Better survivability AND more damage AND more utility in PvE. There's no downside compared to the thief.

Wow, I did exactly the same! Gave up on my Thief for now and took up Guardian instead. While my lil Asura sneakthief kept getting killed, my brick-wall Nord Guardian lays down the smack while staying upright AND healing and buffing everyone else. An event starts and everyone just gathers round - I guess a tank is still a tank after all.

I also have a Warrior, an Elementalist and a Mesmer, so I guess I'll test them all out but it's Guardian for me for now.
Yeah I started a guardian as well, seems pretty good too. But so far it feels like my warrior has a bit more survivability and deals a bit more damage, just has less group heals and buffs. Of course my guardian is only level 7 so that doesn't mean much.

21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:30 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:26 BobBob

Stormdancer wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 10:55:
Now if they'd manage a Linux-friendly version, I'd be very happy.

Linux is fairly free of spyware and viruses, let's not infect it with MMOs.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo