Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Office 2013 pricing revealed. Sep 19, 2012, 20:13 UnderLord

LibreOffice any year pricing revealed - FREE!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. AMD! Sep 19, 2012, 09:28 Ant

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 15:39:
Poor AMD, but we're behind you, just keep Intel greasing you to stay competitive, ...
Ditto. I don't want AMD to die, but I do want to compete! Also, they make video cards. Grr.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

5. Re: Huh?! Sep 18, 2012, 22:00 eRe4s3r

Hehe, I was mocking the relevance of the phoronix article.... Cray 2 got nothing on modern CPU's.. a single I7 could likely completely wtf pwn, not to mention that many GPU's are nearly ten to a hundred times faster. (depending on how you connect them and stack them ,p)  

4. Re: Huh?! Sep 18, 2012, 16:47 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 16:40:
Fun fact.. most desktop PC's nowadays are faster than a Cray 1....

lol...Fun fact #2...my mp3 player is more powerful than the first Univac...not to mention my moms vacuum...

ATI shoulda never let AMD put there hands on them! Dammit, now they go down the shitter with AMD...who the hell thought that was a good idea?!?

-"The CFO that just resigned..."

Oh. Well, there you go...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

3. Ipad 2 faster than Cray 1 Sep 18, 2012, 16:40 eRe4s3r

Fun fact.. most desktop PC's nowadays are faster than a Cray 1....  

2. Office 2013 pricing revealed. Sep 18, 2012, 15:59 Fantaz

Micosoft - raping consumers wallets since 1975  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 18, 2012, 15:39 Optional nickname

Poor AMD, but we're behind you, just keep Intel greasing you to stay competitive, don't grow too big, focus on some mainstream things, make PC's cool to upgrade again, like you used to do with the K6-2 , don't copy Intel on your products, sign with Sony or other ... hey, here's an idea, apparently Valve is looking to make their own Hardware Console, go make their CPU!! focus on the gamer and enthusiast market, take your losses now, restructure, lay some off, shit happens, but just don't dissappear.

Or just sell yourself to China, and forever hold your peace.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo