Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2

AMD now offers a new version 12.8 CAP 3, an updated set of Catalyst Application Profiles for AMD/ATI graphics cards, saying this is something AMD/ATI owners will want to play Borderlands 2, Gearbox Software's role-playing shooter that's due in North America tomorrow. As the notes indicate, this has improvements for other games as well:

New profiles added to this release:

• Borderlands 2 New CrossFire profile
  • Guild War 2: Resolves grass texture corruption observed when changing graphics settings in a CrossFire configuration
  • World of Warcraft(DX9): Fix the flickering observed when view distance is changed to fair in graphics settings when CrossFire is enabled
  • Depth Hunter: Resolves shadow flickering seen when running in CrossFire mode
  • Dirt Showdown Resolves flickering seen in CrossFire mode
  • Stalker Call of Pripyat Resolves flickering seen in CrossFire mode
  • War of Roses Fixes flickering seen in CrossFire mode

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2012, 00:37 LittleMe

Rigs wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 23:30:
I still don't know why ATI (I mean...*ahem* AMD...*snort*) doesn't have anything like PhysX yet?

ATI/AMD have and use Havoc. I think this is their site - http://www.havok.com/products/physics

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2 Sep 18, 2012, 00:10 born2expire

ochentay4 wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 20:42:
born2expire wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 20:28:
catalyst 12.8's still cause my firefox to crash randomly
Strange. Did you update flash player and firefox to latest?

yup, its pretty well documented when running crossfire, the page scrolling causes GPU usage to keep going up and at 100% it crashes firefox. I have to turn off hardware acceleration in firefox until ati fixes it (so never).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUNE-9UnPI4

4. Re: New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2 Sep 18, 2012, 00:07 Dev

whoa, could it be that AMD has for once released a xfire profile for a game before its come out? Usually they do it weeks or months after the game is out lol.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 23:30 Rigs

Hmm, I'm probably one of the biggest non-apologetic ATI fanboys you'll find but I think Borderlands2 will be better with a PhysX-enabled nVidia card (my god, did I just say that?!?). I saw a vid not too long ago on Youtube of the additions to the gameplay PhysX brought and I was suitably impressed. Makes it a much more spectacular title with all the added physics and particle effects. (I especially liked when they were shooting a flag and how it moved around realistically and fell apart, not like a piece of cardboard like usual). I still don't know why ATI (I mean...*ahem* AMD...*snort*) doesn't have anything like PhysX yet? They've had plenty of time to steal it from nVidia or buyout a suitable competitor yet we have nothing...I love my Radeons but I have to admit I'm a bit...jealous...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

2. Re: New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2 Sep 17, 2012, 20:42 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 20:28:
Strange. Did you update flash player and firefox to latest?

1. Re: New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2 Sep 17, 2012, 20:28 born2expire

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo