Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals

Obsidian's just-launched Project Eternity Kickstarter has already met its initial funding goal of $1.1 million and its first stretch goal of $1.4 million, which means this upcoming RPG will include an additional playable race. They are also right on the verge of their second goal, as $1.6 million in funding will ensure an OS X version of the game. Looking past that, they plan on adding another race at $1.8 million, player housing at $2 million, and a bunch of features and Linux support will come if they hit the $2.2 million mark. Since this has been such a roaring success, they are already working on additional stretch funding goals if their pile of money continues to outstrip their plans for it.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 19, 2012, 13:14 John

Yeah, I'm sure it'll pick up more towards the end like others have. The latest update #4 is cool too with the digital tiers and DRM-free option. I'm also happy that they added beta access to the $140 tier because that's the one I changed to.  
This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 19, 2012, 08:29 nin

Looks like things are starting to slow (which is normal)...that being said, kicktraq shows 72K for just yesterday, which is still awesome...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 19:19 John

John wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 13:23:
They almost reached $1.6 million! Keep it going!
$1.6 million reached! That means they'll make a Mac version and expand the story and game world.

19. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 14:18 Creston

space captain wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 22:59:
Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment.

thats a pretty fucking tall order

at least we will get to see if the devs complaints about "the publishers made us cut that!" and "we didnt have enough time, and they wanted special hats for 5 years worth of DLC!" are of any merit

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, to be honest...

Creston

18. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 13:23 John

They almost reached $1.6 million! Keep it going!

17. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 12:28 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 21:08:
Baldurs Gate 2 had player homes in SP.....

D'oh! Did it? I bought it quite some time ago but only played through the first area then shelved it...

16. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 09:19 Mr. Tact

Ok, that kicktraq site is pretty cool. Everyone should check out the Double Fine and Wasteland 2 entries.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

15. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 07:19 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 20:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 19:40:
I'd like a stretch goal of an UO style crafting system (yes for single player)

Post that! I'd love to be able to craft uber armor or weapons!

Indeed! Posted, i'd love to be able to 'build' my player house instead of buy.

14. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 06:56 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 01:03:
Bradley wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 20:34:

UO had the greatest crafting system of any game I've played. It actually felt real and made sense. Every other crafting system I've seen feels way too gamey for my tastes.

A UO style crafting sysyem would make perfect sense in a game like this. However, my first goal I want to see is an EDITOR. All these type of games need to come standard with game editors.

Mod support would rule!

13. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 01:03 Cutter

UO had the greatest crafting system of any game I've played. It actually felt real and made sense. Every other crafting system I've seen feels way too gamey for my tastes.

A UO style crafting sysyem would make perfect sense in a game like this. However, my first goal I want to see is an EDITOR. All these type of games need to come standard with game editors.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 23:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 22:32:
Hell, I hope they do another Kickstarter with a second team to create a post apocalyptic title that plays like the original Fallout (I & II). That would be amazing!
Holy shit, take my money! Well if this one is a success, and it's an even larger success once it hits the retail market you can bet they'll give it a go.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 22:59 space captain

Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment.

thats a pretty fucking tall order

at least we will get to see if the devs complaints about "the publishers made us cut that!" and "we didnt have enough time, and they wanted special hats for 5 years worth of DLC!" are of any merit

Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 22:32 Paranoid Jack

I appreciate the stretch goals as it not only entices people to help fund but also gives us a feeling we are getting more because they are locking down some specifics for the final release.

I for one am extremely excited for this project and I am supporting them. Not only on this one but future releases as long as they continue to create the games they are well known for. This is truly a no-brain-er for anyone who played and loved their old titles.

Hell, I hope they do another Kickstarter with a second team to create a post apocalyptic title that plays like the original Fallout (I & II). That would be amazing!

9. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 21:45 JediPunisher

Stretch Goal #99 @ $9.9M = Post release patches.
Stretch Goal #100 @ $10M = Beta test the game before releasing it.

8. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 21:08 eRe4s3r

Baldurs Gate 2 had player homes in SP.....  

7. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 20:56 nin

Post that! I'd love to be able to craft uber armor or weapons!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 20:43 dj LiTh

Couldnt agree more. UO crafting ruined every other crafting experience.

5. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 17, 2012, 20:36 HorrorScope

cooperative support?  

4. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 20:34 Bradley

3. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 19:40 dj LiTh

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo