Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer

A launch trailer for Borderlands 2 is now online, as Gearbox gears up for the release of their role-playing shooter sequel tomorrow in the U.S. and on Friday elsewhere. Word is: "The time is now to take out Handsome Jack. Gather up your friends as you run rampant through the world collecting bazillions of loot and guns in an effort to save Pandora from the evil grips of the Hyperion Corporation." Also, those in the London area on Sunday can snag a free copy of the game if they are willing to take a leap of faith with a bungee jump.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 19, 2012, 08:34 nin

Resuming won't work for me, tried it, tried restarting steam, tried verifying the cache (and always get the a-ok returned), and even tried restarting PC, nothing works but deleting the preload and downloading again.

Wow, that sucks! I have no idea what would cause that...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 19, 2012, 02:38 .Drifter

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 08:37:
Fired up this morning for the unlock. Good to go for tonight. Steam confirms the key I got from GMG included the preorder stuff. GMG sends another key for the season pass. I'm set.

Hell of a deal...T-9 hours...

So did I, but . . . for what seems like every, single, solitary preload I've done in the past month, the preload will not install.
It's either IO error, unspecified error, or once something else that I can't remember. And it only happens on games that preload.
NEVER on the release version.
Only . . . preloads.

Mine always pauses at the end of preloads, and then I have to resume it to make it "finish" (even though everything is downloaded). Weird...didn't use to do that.

This morning it totally unlocked, but then went back to pause, and then once I unpaused it, it instantly went to available...

Resuming won't work for me, tried it, tried restarting steam, tried verifying the cache (and always get the a-ok returned), and even tried restarting PC, nothing works but deleting the preload and downloading again.

34. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 18, 2012, 13:40 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 09:13:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 02:28:
70 thousand people playing right now....in the middle of the night. That is 10,500 in each state (give or take). That is crazy.

18 friends have played the game, 9 are still going strong with 2 hours into it already! Highest amount of unlocks is 3 with 1 friend reaching level 5 already.

Gonna be some tired peeps tomorrow!

Enjoying it more then the first game but still has some quirks like trying to get around the interface with a mouse.

And Batz level 5 was soooo 7 hours ago!

hehehe I know. Can't sleep, but need to try. Even if I just get a few.

Only tehnical problem I saw was you dropped a couple times, but joining, etc was seamless. Also seems like loot might fall through the floor sometimes - seems like only money so far....some cool weapons already.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 18, 2012, 09:13 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 02:28:
70 thousand people playing right now....in the middle of the night. That is 10,500 in each state (give or take). That is crazy.

18 friends have played the game, 9 are still going strong with 2 hours into it already! Highest amount of unlocks is 3 with 1 friend reaching level 5 already.

Enjoying it more then the first game but still has some quirks like trying to get around the interface with a mouse.

And Batz level 5 was soooo 7 hours ago!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 18, 2012, 08:37 nin

Fired up this morning for the unlock. Good to go for tonight. Steam confirms the key I got from GMG included the preorder stuff. GMG sends another key for the season pass. I'm set.

Hell of a deal...T-9 hours...

So did I, but . . . for what seems like every, single, solitary preload I've done in the past month, the preload will not install.
It's either IO error, unspecified error, or once something else that I can't remember. And it only happens on games that preload.
Only . . . preloads.

Mine always pauses at the end of preloads, and then I have to resume it to make it "finish" (even though everything is downloaded). Weird...didn't use to do that.

This morning it totally unlocked, but then went back to pause, and then once I unpaused it, it instantly went to available...

31. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 18, 2012, 08:04 Prez

Knowing today is Borderlands 2 ship date is bittersweet for me. I pre-ordered it to get a really good deal from GMG, but I really want to stick to my plan of not ever playing a game before it has been out for a week or two. My reasoning is that the first play-through of a game is the most memorable one; if that first play-through is marred by technical troubles, bugs, and incompatibility issues, it really ruins that. It is exponentially worse when it happens with a game I've been desperately wanting and waiting impatiently for like BL2. Half Life 2 was like that for me - I had the worst case of the infamous audio stuttering bug one could imagine (and YES I KNOW NOT EVEYONE HAD IT. I DID, SO STFU. Thanks for listening ). I was bogging down to single-digit frame rates and eventually locking up every 3 to 5 minutes requiring a reboot. Wow, was I pissed off!

I eventually got to play HL2, and enjoyed it like few games before it or since, but not before I fired off a bunch of angry emails to Valve and wished severe, long-lasting bouts of debilitating diarrhea upon the devs, everyone involved with Steam, and the entire customer service deprartment. It wasn't pretty.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 18, 2012, 03:34 .Drifter

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:17:
Looking forward to play this game, got it preloaded.
Only . . . preloads.
I'm about to the point that the next time it asks if I want it to preload I'm saying no. Or at least stopping the preload before it finishes.

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 18, 2012, 02:28 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 19:59 Rea1One

Comes out Thursday for us not Friday, anyway can't wait!!  

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 19:08 nin

I was hoping to take a floating day Friday to get more time in, but it looks like it's not going to happen.

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 18:54 sauron

For some reason I could never get into BL1 so won't be getting this. It does look fun though.

GW2 has me completely enthralled - will be playing that for the rest of the year. I have Skyrim and a whole bunch of other stuff from the summer sale, but right now it's GW2 or bust, baby.

Kittens!

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 18:41 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:45:
Ok folks, will be playing around midnight on Steam if anyone wants to friend me 'CptRanger'.

You and me Batz!

Work. I will be playing all day though.

24. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 17, 2012, 18:09 HorrorScope

I rarely pre-order games (or have them owned prior to official release), I got this one with the new Nvidia card, which was a win-win. But actually owning it before hand does bring out the "Bring it on!" in ya. Even though most of the time it isn't worth it.... But wait, how can this be??? I also have T2 pre-ordered for Thursday! That was with the Neverwinter beta deal (which I'm interested in seeing how that one turns out) and the demo of T2 was so good I knew I would get it, then for just $20, deal I couldn't refuse. Supposedly Dungeon Lord MMXXII is out next Thursday... LOL. BG EE was delayed. Could have been the mother-load of coop-rpg'ing.  

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 18:00 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 15:55:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 15:01:
I gotta wait until tomorrow, but I should be available for some co-op pretty much anywhere from 8pm CST and on.

Creston

Creston, first you change your icon, then you have to wait till tomorrow... I just don't know who you are anymore *sniffles*

Where's Enah's?

Sorry man! The game's too big for me to download at home in any decent amount of time, and I preloaded it at work! So I'll copy it over tomorrow. Please don't hate me!

Cry

Creston

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 15:55 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 15:01:
I gotta wait until tomorrow, but I should be available for some co-op pretty much anywhere from 8pm CST and on.

Creston

Creston, first you change your icon, then you have to wait till tomorrow... I just don't know who you are anymore *sniffles*

Where's Enah's?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 15:01 Creston

Creston

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 14:45 The Half Elf

Ok folks, will be playing around midnight on Steam if anyone wants to friend me 'CptRanger'.

You and me Batz!

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 14:25 Bucky

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:20:
Bucky wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:03:
After watching some of TotalBiscuit's Twitch stream of him playing TL2, I'm thinking Borderlands 2 may end up waiting a few weeks.
The one he did some time ago? Or does he have a new one up?

This one. Done the 15th. Fair warning, it's all of Act 1, so there will probably be spoilers. I just skipped around to get a sense of the gameplay, and now I want to start with an Outlander.

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 14:20 Mr. Tact

Bucky wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:03:
After watching some of TotalBiscuit's Twitch stream of him playing TL2, I'm thinking Borderlands 2 may end up waiting a few weeks.
The one he did some time ago? Or does he have a new one up?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 14:18 Mr. Tact

Yeah, my spin on this is at 1/3 the price I'm trying TL2 first. If/when I am tired of it, I'll see what the world has to say about BL2 and then decide.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo