Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: etc. Sep 18, 2012, 04:13 Ant

Fantaz wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 12:31:
Nice to see advancements in netcode allowing 1800 people instantaneously. If only this could be done in GTA4... you could have a nice city.
Blue's News City!

How about Battlefield 1942's big maps? Big war!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 15:49 space captain

craziest shit since threewave, and that doesnt even come anywhere close  
Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 14:22 The Half Elf

In GTA4 did you and someone else (in multiplayer) get in a car and go to the swing set and just slowly inch the car in so you can watch the car get knocked up into the sky and halfway across the island?
If you answered yes then this mod is for you.

BTW try the Superman mod as well

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 13:58 Acleacius

Hell, this makes the game worth buying all by itself!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 13:01 Mr. Tact

Wait -- so they took a game with no multi-player built in and modded it into one of the largest multi-player shooters ever? Sounds to me like these guys need to quit their day jobs...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 12:31 Fantaz

Nice to see advancements in netcode allowing 1800 people instantaneously. If only this could be done in GTA4... you could have a nice city.  

3. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 12:25 LittleMe

Shok wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:25:
So has anyone tried this mod? I meant to download it but assumed it wouldn't be worth it due to the latency from US to Australia.

Yes it's fantastic and has a lot of promise. For the last beta test, the server was in Norway I believe, not Australia. I think also they had a US server but I'm not sure. There was lag initially but that was due to their code and they fixed it after twelve or so hours.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

2. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 10:31 nin

I don't do a lot of multi, but 1800 people on a single map/island sounds like a blast!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 10:25 Shok

So has anyone tried this mod? I meant to download it but assumed it wouldn't be worth it due to the latency from US to Australia.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo