Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Welcome to the NFL to Greg Schiano, who in his rookie season has already established himself as the chippiest coach in the league. That stunt his team pulled at the end of the game was really embarrassing, and I expect the unapologetic punk will be getting a call from the commissioner this week to discuss how professionals conduct themselves, as he obviously has a lot to learn in that regard.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Puzzle Cannon.
Links: If the Final Season of Breaking Bad Was Written by Dr. Seuss.
Science: Japanese invention could end tooth decay.
Media: Trees cut down so shuttle can pass. Thanks Slashdot.
Frisky Monkeys Interrupt Reporter.
Cheeky Seagull.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2012, 13:53 Mr. Tact

KezClone wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 19:58:
I'm curious as to why the shuttle can't be dismantled enough to transport it and reassemble it for display without dragging it through NEIGHBORHOODS and cutting down hundreds and hundreds of trees.
I would assume the answer is that all the joints between the sections from when it was assembled are "permanent", ie. welded or maybe "glued" in a way that effectively makes the joints stronger than the material itself. Not sure how I feel about it, it seems like a pretty high "cost" to residents along the path.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 21:06 mch

Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 18:17:
"Godwin's law" is a meme and nothing more. That sort of reductionism is for uneducated simpletons.

Well you're no fun.

PSN: CaseDesignate

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 20:52 nin

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 19:20:
I am so ready for tooth decay to be a thing of the past.

Yeah, wouldn't that be awesome?!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 19:58 KezClone

I'm curious as to why the shuttle can't be dismantled enough to transport it and reassemble it for display without dragging it through NEIGHBORHOODS and cutting down hundreds and hundreds of trees.

Seems really shortsighted.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 19:20 Silicon Avatar

I am so ready for tooth decay to be a thing of the past.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 18:57 xXBatmanXx

Many stations have already started talking about the refs need to take control of these games. I have seen a lot of cheap shots and no calls on head to head leading hits that scare the hell out of me.

Someone is going to get hurt.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 18:17 Cutter

mch wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 16:18:
Oh come on, we were so close to Godwin's law with that last post. Go the extra mile! Sheesh.

"Godwin's law" is a meme and nothing more. That sort of reductionism is for uneducated simpletons.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 16:41 Hoop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7Z8ag4oSY&feature=g-trend

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 16:18 mch

Oh come on, we were so close to Godwin's law with that last post. Go the extra mile! Sheesh.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 16:00 Cutter

“We do what we’re coached,” McCoy said. “I’ll leave it at that.”

Ahh yes, the old 'We were just following orders.' excuse. People can rationalize anything evil because someone else told them to do it. That's just the worst kind of cowardice. And I suspect Schiano won't be around long if that's the sort of dick he is.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 15:28 Jivaro

PropheT wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:30:
They didn't break any rules, but it baffles me that anyone is arguing that it was anything but unsportsmanlike.

same.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 14:30 PropheT

They didn't break any rules, but it baffles me that anyone is arguing that it was anything but unsportsmanlike.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 12:42 Deathbishop

Not sure why he should get a call, not only did he not break any rule, but it's not like something like that hasn't been done in the past when a team is in the victory formation. On top of that, it was pretty obviously that's what Tampa was doing when they lined up for the snap. It be more bush league if they pretended that they were just going to kneel and then rush the line.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 10:50 Creston

Yeah, that was just horseshit. I'm sure Red Moron will be calling pretty soon.

Creston

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 10:44 Prez

Saw it on espn.com. While not illegal (at least I don't think it is) , there's no doubt it's a douche move and a dirty play, made doubly douchey by the fake justification of it by saying "I coach my guys to go all out on every play".  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 10:17 mch

I liked it.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo