Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Safety Dance

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 17, 2012, 12:29 Creston

Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 00:59:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 20:55:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 18:00:
America has never been the good guy, quite the opposite in fact. The only people in the world that believe that "Murica" is some noble champion of people and freedom are naive Americans.

Wait, never? Never?

Never. Read more history.

Yeah, America was really evil for going over to Europe to help kick Nazi ass... Dammit, America, we were so close to being One Reich! Rolleyes

Dude, seriously.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 17, 2012, 08:25 RailWizard

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 07:44:
America has never been the good guy, quite the opposite in fact. The only people in the world that believe that "Murica" is some noble champion of people and freedom are naive Americans.

Wait, never? Never?

I'd say WW1 and WW2 veterans would disagree (if there were still WW1 veterans).

I have to agree with that. WW2 was the last war where things actually made sense.

10. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 17, 2012, 07:44 dj LiTh

Wait, never? Never?

I'd say WW1 and WW2 veterans would disagree (if there were still WW1 veterans).

9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 17, 2012, 06:46 RailWizard

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 15:02:
To the comment above...

"...when this baby hits 88mph, you are going to see some serious shit."

Outtahere

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2012, 06:51.

8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 17, 2012, 05:33 Bhruic

The US, like most countries, looks out for the US (well, and Israel). I mean, it's even in the article - the guy was perfectly fine with the concept of spying on people from foreign countries, but suddenly when it's Americans, it's a Big Deal.

But that's not really unexpected. As I said, most - if not all - countries put their own interests first. It's what makes a lot of global issues hard to deal with.

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 17, 2012, 00:59 Cutter

Wait, never? Never?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 16, 2012, 23:16 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 19:19:

I don't agree with that, but I'll readily admit out country has seen a lot better days. And I worry about our future.

I dont' agree either, and I don't agree with everyone big G does....but I am also of the mind that we shuold let the middle east do whatever they want to eachother and stay out of their holy war...and we shuold have been honest about being in those oil fields - should have just taken them over and profited.

Anyway. It is a 12 pack conversation, and I dont' even have time for a tall boy right now.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 16, 2012, 20:55 HorrorScope

Wait, never? Never?

4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 16, 2012, 19:19 nin

I don't agree with that, but I'll readily admit out country has seen a lot better days. And I worry about our future.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 16, 2012, 18:00 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 16, 2012, 15:02 HorrorScope

To the comment above, these things are done secretly imo.

"I didn't expect it from my government. I thought we were the good guys."

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same now, I don't consider us a good guy. More like a nosy bully. We all support or sons and daugthers, but that Navy commerical "Global Force for Good". No a "Global Force of whatever the boss says to do without question".

I still don't know why we have to be in any war right now. I think a decade of killing is well good enough retaliation for 9/11. Tell Josey F'in Whales, the WAR IS OVER!

1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 16, 2012, 14:29 jdreyer

But, but, but, TERROR!

As Ben Franklin said,

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo