Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We attended the college football game at West Point yesterday with some friends. I've watched tons of NFL football over the years, and have also attended high school games, but I'm pretty sure this was the first college game I've watched in its entirety. The game was fun: Army lost by a point, but hung in admirably after getting behind to keep it competitive in spite of being unable to pass the ball. And the West Point campus is quite beautiful, and expansive as well, something we got to experience in detail as we wandered about for a couple of hours after the game trying to find where we had parked.

Lost Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bit Dungeon.
Stories: Girl Is Pioneer at Quarterback for Florida High School.
Media: Disabled Comedians Pranking Unsuspecting Citizens. NSFW.
Harrison Ford Broccoli Joke.
Dog vs Tram.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 08:34 Mr. Tact

Yeah, that Giants game was well worth watching. Congrats to those with Eli on their fantasy teams 510 yards! Woof.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 22:20 Prez

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 17:00:
I can't imagine the roller coaster ride Coughlin's heart has been on. The amount of stress can't be good for a 67 year old.

I didn't see it, but I understand he certainly got his blood pressure elevated after the game about a cheap play on the obligatory kneel-down.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 21:50 Lokust

Always cool to see a story about a girl other than my wife playing football.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 20:45 xXBatmanXx

Went to the Batman Live show today at the Excel Energy Center in St. Paul. Was a pretty cool little show. Dumbed down CIRQUE DU SOLEIL then throw in Batman and cheesy and campy lines/dance routines. Was a nice little show. If you get a chance to see it, the stage is pretty damn impressive.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 17:00 Rattlehead

HOLY SHIT THEY WON. Unbelievable. Really, I turned off the game after the 3rd quarter. It seems the more I watch the Giants the more they lose. The less I watch the more they win.

Really, congrats to the Giants. Hope Bradshaw isn't on the DL, and get rid of M. Bennett, he is terrible. I can't imagine the roller coaster ride Coughlin's heart has been on. The amount of stress can't be good for a 67 year old.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 16:36 Cutter

mag wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 15:27:
Hahaha, I am going to lose every one of my picks this week. It is embarrassing out there.

Holy shit yeah. I've already lost half of my picks so far. Lots of upsets today.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 15:53 The Half Elf

eDave wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 11:29:
LOL. Too funny Blue. This app has saved me a ton of wandering time (When I remember to use it...):

http://www.appbrain.com/app/carrr-matey/android.lionebra.carrr_matey

True Story to follow:
First time to Six Flags Magic Mountain (Wally World in National Lampoon Vacation). Sister, her boyfriend and I pull up to the front gates and they drop me off to get tickets and they go park the car (and slobber on each other, I was 14 at the time). So 20 mins later they meet me and we head into the park. Had a great time and it's roughly 10-11pm and we get out side of the gate and I ask them where they parked the car. They just shrug at each other and say 'Lets just head out there and we'll see it, can't be many cars left in the lot'. Ok, fair response so we head out to the parking lot. We spend 30 mins looking for the car and decided to head to the front of the lot near the park and wait for other people leave, and try again. 30 mins later back up by the park. Now you know that scene from Shawn of the Dead, where Shaun's group meets up with the other group as they pass by? Imagine that but instead of the other group going their own way we all join forces as a collective whole and decide there is 'safety in numbers' and just start going up and down each isle calling out the cars we find to see if they belong to anyone in the group. So for a 3rd time we set out, except this time we are picking up people as we go. It's like a exploration out west in the pioneer days as we end up with a group of 40 people, just canvassing the parking lot looking for hope. Almost 3 hours after we left the park we were the last set of people to find our car and leave.

So I came up with a rule, which as follows:

YOU DRIVE TO THE FUCKING THEME PARK IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REMEMBER WHERE WE FUCKING PARKED THE CAR!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 15:27 mag

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 13:48:
Oh look losing to the effing bucaneers. There is no way this Giant team is going to the playoffs this year, not the way they are playing.

Hahaha, I am going to lose every one of my picks this week. It is embarrassing out there.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 13:48 Rattlehead

Oh look losing to the effing bucaneers. There is no way this Giant team is going to the playoffs this year, not the way they are playing.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 13:32 Ant

College football is better than NFL IMO. Boo to Trees defeating Trojans yesterday.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 12:41 nin

Good to see Harrison out and about. Seems like he keeps pretty quiet these days (granted he's 70), but it looks like he's doing well.

I would normally be excited about that rumor of him making a cameo in Ridley's followup to Bladerunner, but after Prometheus, my expectations are curbed quiet a bit (almost to the point that I wish Ridley wouldn't make the movie).

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2012, 11:29 eDave

LOL. Too funny Blue. This app has saved me a ton of wandering time (When I remember to use it...):

http://www.appbrain.com/app/carrr-matey/android.lionebra.carrr_matey

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2012, 11:56.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo