Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Jagged Alliance Online Launches

The Jagged Alliance Online Website announces beta testing has concluded, and this connected installment in the Jagged Alliance series is now officially live:

Hello heads of operations,

We are pleased to announce that Jagged Alliance Online has officially reached the end of beta testing and the full, completed version is now ready to play.

We are proud to present to you one of the most, in our opinion, unique titles in the Jagged Alliance series. We hope you enjoy playing the game!

At this stage we would like to thank all beta testers for their feedback, bug reports, and for the patience and perseverance they have had with both Jagged Alliance Online and ourselves.

Even at the end of the beta testing we are, of course, continuing to work on Jagged Alliance Online and aim to expand the game bit for bit.

Have fun playing!

The Jagged Alliance Online team

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 06:28 Rigs

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 16:09:
Is this game fun? Oh wait, I'll go check the faq.

~ZING!

Get a good, hard look at it because this will probably be the last time you hear anything about it until it gets shutdown...If people actually spend any real money on this, they deserve to lose it! Especially with so many other worthy games in this genre and similar...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 17, 2012, 03:50 ShakyJake

Seems like weapon repair and healing are tied to the real money currency in-game, which means you would NEED to spend money to play this. And the tokens are very pricey, too. To afford a premium weapon in the shop, you'd have to drop $4 apiece, and to hire on a merc permanently you're looking at about $15. Certainly one of the most ambitiously-priced "free to play" games I've seen so far.  

28. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 17, 2012, 01:44 Blatz

It's not very good. I just tried it out... besides me not being impressed by the UI and actual gameplay itself, I broke the game in 5 minutes, so much for the BETA testing Ho hum.  

27. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 16, 2012, 16:09 Steele Johnson

Is this game fun? Oh wait, I'll go check the faq.  

26. Re: Foolzatch@gmail.com Sep 16, 2012, 10:54 Slashman

So are we still at a point where people do not know how to do free to play games? Pay to win is the wrong way. It's not like there aren't tons of examples of how to do it right...

@Prez

Well with the 3rd tier unlock on Steam you do get a copy of Civ 5, which I wouldn't mind getting anyway. But no...just saying you will won't cut it. Puppyeyes

25. Re: Foolzatch@gmail.com Sep 16, 2012, 10:25 crypto

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 11:29:
Really? The link is right there...how hard is it to click it, then click FAQ, and read the answer?

For pity's sake (I'd hate to see you strain your clicking finger), the answer is yes.
Actually, I'm glad the question was asked and answered here... it makes BluesNews a great place for game information without a DIY attitude.

24. XCOM Sep 16, 2012, 09:05 Nighthawk

I was interested in this while I wait for XCOM, but since it sounds like a horrible of P2W (it IS f2p right?) I'll just wait...  

23. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 16, 2012, 04:24 Julio

It feels like the ultimate in realism to make this one pay to win, you can pay for the mercs and ammo right from your own pockets

I hate pay to win games, so passing here.

22. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 16, 2012, 02:04 Prez

I just wish someone would answer the question...

Anyway Prez, are you gonna preorder Xcom? Because if you are, then I'll feel like less of an impulse buying fanboi when I do. And I can just blame it on you.

How 'bout if I just say that I am? Is that enough? I'm not sure I'm trusting enough. Perhaps if there's a really good pre-order sale like there was for Borderlands 2.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 15, 2012, 23:39 Slashman

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 22:18:
BobBob wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 22:16:
Is this free to play?

It just never gets old!

I just wish someone would answer the question...

Anyway Prez, are you gonna preorder Xcom? Because if you are, then I'll feel like less of an impulse buying fanboi when I do. And I can just blame it on you.

20. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 15, 2012, 22:18 Prez

BobBob wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 22:16:
Is this free to play?

It just never gets old!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 15, 2012, 22:16 BobBob

Is this free to play?  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

18. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 15, 2012, 21:16 HorrorScope

This game is too rich for my blood.  

17. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 15, 2012, 20:07 space captain

Jivaro wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 16:52:
It would have taken you ZERO clicks to simply ignore the question, which then forces them to look it up.

Lazy, intelligent, AND...you win!

Lighten up folks. Drink a beer and pretend I bought it for you or something.

Meditate

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 15, 2012, 20:06 Turglar

Was super blatant pay 2 win when I played the beta about 6 months back. I'm not sure it's worth a second look. (some of the pay2win ammo literally did 50% more damage than normal AND penetrated armor).  

15. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 15, 2012, 20:05 Quboid

Is this free to play? Anyone know?  

- Quboid

14. Re: Foolzatch@gmail.com Sep 15, 2012, 19:19 Paranoid Jack

So its Pay to Win?

What about the gameplay is it as bad as it looks in the videos?

13. Stings Sep 15, 2012, 18:44 Rain

Anything I can do to bring some joy to your life Stormsinger.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2012, 19:56.

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------

12. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 15, 2012, 17:29 Buckermann

More serious:
I played the beta ~6 months ago and it was, at that time, the most unashamed case of pay to win I've ever seen. Ammo, guns, mercs and facilities for the camp, if you wanted to be just one notch above crap, you had to pay.
And from what I heard, it hasn't changed at all. But maybe I was lied to

11. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 15, 2012, 17:13 Cutter

In case no one has brought it up yet I believe this game is F2P.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo