Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 17, 2012, 00:06 RailWizard

space captain wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 10:57:
i had a vectrex.. had this racing game where the joystick was calibrated to move the car per micron or some ridiculously fine amount, and if you moved it slightly to the right or left the car would shoot into the side of the track and explode.. but my favorite game was the one with the tanks in the underground maze where you had to fight through various levels to get to the core area, set a bomb and then get the fuck out

Hyper Space and Cosmic Chasm heh(had to go look on the box), yep had both of those. I still have it all(well not all the games, but a good chunk), still works for the most part I think, been decades since I tried it. Was thinking of selling it since I see they go for a decent amount these days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 16, 2012, 20:59 HorrorScope

FWIW all their systems sucked. The NES perhaps the best.

But face it some of you thought it was grand because you were kids and that is what you got. By that time I was already on the PC, I've stayed. You've abandoned consoles now for a PC, because you realize it is. But Nin wasn't even better then, you just didn't know or have a choice and just assumed what you played was thee best.

Signed the Elitist, with a little truth in that.

31. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 16, 2012, 10:57 space captain

i had a vectrex.. had this racing game where the joystick was calibrated to move the car per micron or some ridiculously fine amount, and if you moved it slightly to the right or left the car would shoot into the side of the track and explode.. but my favorite game was the one with the tanks in the underground maze where you had to fight through various levels to get to the core area, set a bomb and then get the fuck out  
Go forth, and kill!

30. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 16, 2012, 10:13 Sc4r

vectrex hahaha 1 of my cousins had that thing. As far as the n64 goes i cant think of alot of games on it i played, goldeneye was def 1 the games we played the most, wave race was fun but i do think mario64 is way overrated though, i just found alot of the levels annoying to play and once i fnished it i had to no desire to ever play it again.  

29. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 16, 2012, 05:18 RailWizard

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 21:42:
Dades wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 21:23:
Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 18:35:
The N64 was shit. The Virtual Boy was better than that thing.

The N64 was quite decent and definitely better than the Virtual Boy. Goldeneye, Mario 64, Blast Corps, Wave Race, Perfect Dark, etc.

I was just trolling - the N64 wasn't as bad as the Virtual Boy. But compared to the PS1, it sucked as far as I'm concerned. (I had both in my house - the N64 was my son's so he could play some Pikachu Pokemon monstrosity game I can't remember the name of. The PS1 had all of the games I was interested in. Granted I was only ever a dabbler in console games; I've always been a PC gamer. I found Goldeneye WAAAY overrated and never cared for Mario. The JRPG's are what I mostly cared about, and the PC just didn't have them.

3d was more impressive on the n64 though very few games showed it off(took advantage of the stick in a good way, tho I still don't like analog thumb sticks...). The cartridges were insanely priced. I remember seeing games going for ~$130, that was a deff 'wtf' moment.(Canadian prices...)

I agree about Goldeneye. Mario, Waveracer, and a few other games are the only ones that really stand out to me, then came the Ps1 and it just had a ridiculous library of good shit for it, and at decent prices. The PS1 is also where I played DooM(with link cable) for the most part. I had a GF that showed me DooM on her bro's comp way back when, that was where I first saw it, but I barely had any time with it. Computers were still off my radar at that point, but the seeds were sowed.

Never touched Virtual Boy. That thing had gimmick written all over it, and as one that had a Vectrex, I wasn't eager to get back to vector graphics either. heh

28. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 16, 2012, 02:25 Agent.X7

The trailer for ZombiU sold me.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 23:49 space captain

Check out!!!! how you and a friend can answer the call of duty!!!!! utilizing the Wii U GamePad!!!! and a copy of Black Ops 2!!!! for Wii U!!!!

Go forth, and kill!

26. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 22:59 entr0py

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 16:08:
Not for nothin', guys, if you have no interest in the tablet controller, then the Wii-U probably isn't for you. Yeah, they'll have the classic/core controller with the dual thumbsticks and everything, but the tablet is *the* main feature of the console and the driving force behind a lot of the games being made for it.

No more so than the Nintendo DS, and that had great responsive controls for a portable system. There's a big difference between playing on a resistive touchscreen combined with solid buttons and joysticks compared to playing on a capacitive screen with only dab-and-smear controls, like the iPad.

25. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 22:53 mag

crypto wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 22:00:
So you know how to make money better then Sony and Microsoft... he should be fired.

I'm guessing that you're probably being sarcastic, but Nintendo was *rolling* in money every year of this console cycle until this most recent. They made money on every console sold, so they were profitable on the Wii immediately, unlike MS and Sony that took enormous losses in hardware and then took years before they broke even.

24. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 22:00 crypto

So you know how to make money better then Sony and Microsoft... he should be fired.  

23. RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR Sep 15, 2012, 21:44 space captain

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 19:07:

And yet it still had Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Winback, Ocarina/Majora, Smash Bros, Turok 2, Paper Mario, Jet Force Gemini, Starfox, Body Harvest (I fucking loved that so much), Mario Kart/Diddy... certainly had more games worth owning than Wii does. And probably GCN, for that matter.

your opinions are MEANINGLESS compared to the INTENSITY of my EMOTIONAL CONVICTION!

GODDAMNIT!!!!

Go forth, and kill!

22. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 21:42 Prez

Dades wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 21:23:

The N64 was quite decent and definitely better than the Virtual Boy. Goldeneye, Mario 64, Blast Corps, Wave Race, Perfect Dark, etc.

I was just trolling - the N64 wasn't as bad as the Virtual Boy. But compared to the PS1, it sucked as far as I'm concerned. (I had both in my house - the N64 was my son's so he could play some Pikachu Pokemon monstrosity game I can't remember the name of. The PS1 had all of the games I was interested in. Granted I was only ever a dabbler in console games; I've always been a PC gamer. I found Goldeneye WAAAY overrated and never cared for Mario. The JRPG's are what I mostly cared about, and the PC just didn't have them.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 21:33 Lokust

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 19:29:

I had a decent collection of really good GCN games, but I think the biggest stand-out was Metroid Prime. That game, and even the sequel, made Halo look like the biggest piece of shit ever.

They flawlessly brought Metroid into 3D but when they do it to Castlevania we get a God of War knockoff.

God I hated the Metroid Prime games. I'd kill for a real, modern, side scrolling Metroid game. I'd probably even buy a Wii U for one, even though I immediately wrote off the console when I saw another gimmicky controller.

I wish Nintendo would just make normal consoles and good games again.

20. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 21:23 Dades

19. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 20:55 DangerDog

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 19:07:

And yet it still had Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Winback, Ocarina/Majora, Smash Bros, Turok 2, Paper Mario, Jet Force Gemini, Starfox, Body Harvest (I fucking loved that so much), Mario Kart/Diddy... certainly had more games worth owning than Wii does. And probably GCN, for that matter.

Mario 64, probably the best Mario game ever made.

18. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 19:29 PHJF

I had a decent collection of really good GCN games, but I think the biggest stand-out was Metroid Prime. That game, and even the sequel, made Halo look like the biggest piece of shit ever.

They flawlessly brought Metroid into 3D but when they do it to Castlevania we get a God of War knockoff.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 19:26 jacobvandy

16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 19:07 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 18:38 The Half Elf

I have a question...
Is there some universal law that says Sony will push out new storage for every new system and Nintendo will push out some sorta crazy controller for every new system? Whoops forgot six-axis by Sony as well...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 18:35 Prez

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2012, 18:40.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo