Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details

The Diablo III Website has some details on the recently announced plan to change monster damage in the action/RPG sequel in the upcoming version 1.0.5. Word is the plan to buff player defense involves the insidious double-nerf, as they reduce defensive skills as well as monster damage. They crunch some numbers to explain what the plan is, and offer specific examples of how skills are being changed. They also offer first word on a "Monster Power" system for players looking for a greater challenge.

View
3. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 14, 2012, 23:28 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 22:16:
The biggest challenge in this game is trying to find gear you can use rather than going to the AH but I guess that's working as intended.

When's the last time you've found an item which provides a general buff to your player? I found some 'okay' weapons since the 1.04 patch which went towards buying a nice 1.04 Messerschmidt's Reaver but that's about it since I stopped playing and picked up GW2.

I had bought a 630 damage 1h a while back... Few days ago, I got a Rare (I ignore blues now heh), that is 980... The 5k or so boost in damage was about 20-25% of my total, buffed, so I would say that qualifies : )

I also upgrade an armor piece, but it wasn't nearly as massive, and I can't remember which piece...

This is with my wizard, that I just took into Act 2 for the first time today/yesterday, and I'm doing well... Fast + Fire Chains still caused a few (very quick) deaths, but otherwise, it's going well... With the 25% Inferno mob damage nerf coming, I'm afraid it's going to get close to the boring level of challenge, but at least I can rip through, beat the big D and call it done : )

-Alamar

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 14, 22:08 Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details RailWizard
  2. Sep 14, 22:16 Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Wallshadows
>> 3. Sep 14, 23:28  Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Alamar
  5. Sep 15, 06:52   Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Armengar
  4. Sep 15, 05:35 Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details beigemore
  6. Sep 15, 08:30 Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Yakubs
  10. Sep 15, 13:24  Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details nin
  7. Sep 15, 10:35 Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Ozmodan
  8. Sep 15, 12:07  Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Armengar