Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details

The Diablo III Website has some details on the recently announced plan to change monster damage in the action/RPG sequel in the upcoming version 1.0.5. Word is the plan to buff player defense involves the insidious double-nerf, as they reduce defensive skills as well as monster damage. They crunch some numbers to explain what the plan is, and offer specific examples of how skills are being changed. They also offer first word on a "Monster Power" system for players looking for a greater challenge.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 13:24 nin

Yakubs wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 08:30:
In some regards, we were too successful.

Blizzard delusional as always.

I'd actually agree with them on that front - they sell SO much, that no matter what they try and fix, it pisses off a chunk of the playerbase. No matter what they do, they can't win (not unlike playing a blizzard game ).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 12:22 z0dd

Does this allow melee characters to, you know, actually play the game without always running out of instant-death AOE puddles? It's my second biggest beef with this game, playing a melee (Barb for me) just isn't fun at high levels. I want to fight, not run away from damage puddles all the time.  

8. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 12:07 Armengar

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 10:35:
Oh and that is a critic speaking, really urks me when people misuse the word 'hater"! Sounds like you did not finish Jr High.

Hater is a valid noun my friend. http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/hater

Ironically enough you are quite close to the mark; I didnt finish high school, I joined the military as a school leaver with parents consent. I was a mature student when I finished my first degree (BSc Computing) at the ripe age of 38.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

7. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 10:35 Ozmodan

Until they fix the majorly broken itemization issues in this game it will continue to be a laughing stock. Clueless designers. Worst Blizzard game in decades.

Oh and that is a critic speaking, really urks me when people misuse the word 'hater"! Sounds like you did not finish Jr High.

6. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 08:30 Yakubs

In some regards, we were too successful.

Blizzard delusional as always.

5. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 06:52 Armengar

after the 2h weapons patch change it is now quite viable to use 2h weapons on most characters. I bought a 2h hammer for my WD from the AH. Cost me 40k for a 980d 340int 320vit 6% life steal hammer.

haters are just hating for no real reason. D1 and D2 werent too great on launch. I remember the battlenet nightmare. D2 item generator? Made loot finding stupid.

Sure D3 aint the best and it aint no D2 but raging over patches is just plain stupid. Its a game, play it or dont there are plenty others out there if you dont like it. Im still having fun and thats all that counts for me.

as for 1.05 the changes still make sense. Those with top end gear will notice no difference at all, in fact they should end up even harder due to 25% drop in damage. those with really crap gear will lose out and the majority will notice no real difference. That being said, items that have resistances on them will mean more to someone as the overall damage output has dropped. It does mean that you can think about changing the "must have" runes for diversity.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2012, 07:00.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

4. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 05:35 beigemore

This game is still supported?  

3. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 14, 2012, 23:28 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 22:16:
The biggest challenge in this game is trying to find gear you can use rather than going to the AH but I guess that's working as intended.

When's the last time you've found an item which provides a general buff to your player? I found some 'okay' weapons since the 1.04 patch which went towards buying a nice 1.04 Messerschmidt's Reaver but that's about it since I stopped playing and picked up GW2.

I had bought a 630 damage 1h a while back... Few days ago, I got a Rare (I ignore blues now heh), that is 980... The 5k or so boost in damage was about 20-25% of my total, buffed, so I would say that qualifies : )

I also upgrade an armor piece, but it wasn't nearly as massive, and I can't remember which piece...

This is with my wizard, that I just took into Act 2 for the first time today/yesterday, and I'm doing well... Fast + Fire Chains still caused a few (very quick) deaths, but otherwise, it's going well... With the 25% Inferno mob damage nerf coming, I'm afraid it's going to get close to the boring level of challenge, but at least I can rip through, beat the big D and call it done : )

-Alamar

2. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 14, 2012, 22:16 Wallshadows

The biggest challenge in this game is trying to find gear you can use rather than going to the AH but I guess that's working as intended.

When's the last time you've found an item which provides a general buff to your player? I found some 'okay' weapons since the 1.04 patch which went towards buying a nice 1.04 Messerschmidt's Reaver but that's about it since I stopped playing and picked up GW2.

1. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 14, 2012, 22:08 RailWizard

I predict the net worth of said change will be, as usual, near zero.

But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

This is exactly what put me off WoW to begin with. All these 'needed changes' which basically amount to stirring the pot while not adding or removing much of anything. Blizzard have been practicing this 'act' for a long time now....

Your tricks are old, tired, and not as well hidden as you'd like. Time to get new ones.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo