Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro 2033 Film Plans

Dark Horizons has word on plans for a film based on Metro 2033, the Russian sci-fi novel that inspired a first-person shooter of the same name (thanks nin), as well as an upcoming video game sequel. Here's word:

Set in 2033 after a nuclear holocaust devastates Moscow and survivors head under ground, the story follows a young survivor who is forced to go on a journey that will see him deal with mutants, soldiers of a Fourth Reich and political factions of various metro stations in order to reach above ground.

F. Scott Frazier ("Line of Sight," "Day One") will adapt the script while Mark Johnson ("The Chronicles of Narnia" series, "Galaxy Quest") will produce along with Eugene Efuni and Marina Hall.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 19:04 Trevellian

Fantaz wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 16:10:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 10:40:
They'll find some way to turn this into the Resident Evil movie series and completely ruin it I'm sure.

I like the Resident Evil movie? It's good if you completely disassociate it and pretend it's not part of the Resident Evil series at all, so as a movie it's pretty decent. Same could be said for the sequels.

Pretty much as Wallshadows and Cutter have already stated. The first one was somewhat decent, it was close enough to the story for me to give it a pass and I love Milla anyway (Have ever since Fifth Element).... but then the movies just got out of hand... now it's like, at least what I can tell from the trailer for the new one... 4 badass hotchicks fighting random monsters. Oh, and of course, taking every opportunity to throw shit at the camera because it's 3D.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 16:49 Cutter

The first RE film was decent but they went pretty sideways after that. The Silent Hill film was great. I really hope they can do this justice I really enjoyed the hell out of Metro and am stoked for Last Light.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 16:31 Wallshadows

Fantaz wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 16:10:
I like the Resident Evil movie? It's good if you completely disassociate it and pretend it's not part of the Resident Evil series at all, so as a movie it's pretty decent. Same could be said for the sequels.

To be honest, I would be more inclined to watch it if it had any other name attached to it but it doesn't. While the first one was 'okay', Anderson really turned it up a notch and took a dump on the story with the second title and that's where I've simply refused to indulged beyond a glimpse of the third title while browsing through TV channels and was reminded of a awkward telekinetic Mad Max spin-off.

For me, the only good RE movie which lived up to its name is Regeneration and it's so buried that few outside of the video game fanbase seem to know about.

5. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 16:10 Fantaz

Trevellian wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 10:40:
They'll find some way to turn this into the Resident Evil movie series and completely ruin it I'm sure.

4. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 11:48 Frijoles

Spoiler question:

It's been a while since I played the game, but they didn't really do much with the ghosts outside of that one tunnel, did they? I think that was probably my favorite segment of the game. My memory is a bit fuzzy. Did they explain that in more detail somewhere in the game or was it just the initial time when you met the guy who guided you through?

I need to replay 2033 it seems. Great game.

3. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 11:11 Matshock

They need the Director from Stake Land, Jim Mickle- that might save this one.  

2. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 10:40 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

1. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 10:39 nin

Wish the book was on kindle...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo