Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 18:07 PHJF

I tried Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin last night. Can't make it playable with a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad or Mouse/Keyboard. The controller works, but it's a clusterf**k no matter what configurations I tried. No clue how people manage to use Dolphin without a WiiMote/Sensor bar.

I did it months ago. Make sure the game is set to classic controller and there should be no problems at all. Unfortunately the game has framerate problems in some of the larger battles.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 17:03 Cram

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:16:
First time setup is a pain in the ass but its totally doable. I can send you a copy of my config or a screenshot of the controller layout I used if you still want to give it another chance. Xenoblade is way too awesome to be experienced on the Wii.

1080p is a definite bonus. Am a huge fan of Baten Kaitos and BK Origins which Monolith helped make. I would definitely appreciate advice on a layout or a screenshot. I did spend awhile searching for advice on various Dolphin related boards but came up empty.

The tl;dr though is that you need to setup whatever you're using as a classic controller and don't try to bind the motion stuff to anything because Xenoblade doesn't need to use it anyway.

That is probably the beginning of where I'm going wrong. Thanks for any help you can provide.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 15:16 Verno

Cram wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 14:39:
I am pretty certain I will buy one eventually. The launch line-up isn't enough for me at this time; I do want to go through Xenoblade and Skyward Sword but don't want to buy a regular Wii just for them.

I tried Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin last night. Can't make it playable with a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad or Mouse/Keyboard. The controller works, but it's a clusterf**k no matter what configurations I tried. No clue how people manage to use Dolphin without a WiiMote/Sensor bar.

First time setup is a pain in the ass but its totally doable. I can send you a copy of my config or a screenshot of the controller layout I used if you still want to give it another chance. Xenoblade is way too awesome to be experienced on the Wii.

The tl;dr though is that you need to setup whatever you're using as a classic controller and don't try to bind the motion stuff to anything because Xenoblade doesn't need to use it anyway.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2012, 15:33.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 14:39 Cram

I am pretty certain I will buy one eventually. The launch line-up isn't enough for me at this time; I do want to go through Xenoblade and Skyward Sword but don't want to buy a regular Wii just for them.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 14:23 avianflu

Having to look down to a tablet that sits in your hands -- while also playing on a TV -- seems very awkward in any real-time type game.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 13:18 Dades

The standalone controller is $172 in Japan, remove a modest profit margin from that and nearly half the cost of the system is still that stupid tablet wannabe.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 11:03 Beamer

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 10:48:
I wish nintendo the best, but I don't see how they're going to be as successful this time...

We all said that last time, too. I was a pretty staunch defender of Revolution, until it became the Wii, and then my stance rapidly deteriorated (though I remember saying the Wiimote had potential for FPS games, which I disagreed with by launch, and which proved even less true once we saw how inaccurate those things were.)

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 11:01 Verno

They might luck out with Christmas lacking a big toy to buy for the kids but they might have priced themselves out of that market, I guess we'll see.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 10:48 nin

I wish nintendo the best, but I don't see how they're going to be as successful this time...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo