Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well the new iPhone announcement came pretty well-timed for MrsBlue and me, as our several-year old phones are in actual need of replacement with audio issues and diminishing battery life. It says something about how needlessly complex mobile providers make things (I don't think this is unique to Verizon) that I was unable to complete my order online, but was pleasantly surprised to end up talking about this with someone in Tennessee, rather than halfway around the world, and she made it a very pleasant process along the way, going so far as to credit me for a month to make up for my cell modem still being under contract.

Smart Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Fatty Genius.
Stories: All-time heat record taken from Libya and given to California.
Stasi files- The world's biggest jigsaw puzzle. Thanks brother19.
Science: Deaf gerbils 'hear again' after stem cell cure.
Media: Skyrim Trailer - Misinterpreted Lyrics. Thanks nin.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2012, 16:56 nin

I'm close to pulling the trigger. Considering you can get the game for 36 or 37, your basically getting the game and all dlc for the regular price. I guess I'm worried what the dlc might contain and how soon it shows up. And if the lame stop arena is one of them.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2012, 16:29 eRe4s3r

yeah I got weak and bought it.. 5 a DLC is OK ^^  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2012, 15:44 nin

Mine finally showed up over night...preload was quick. You hear all kinds of horror stories on their boards, but this was my 6th purchase where they delivered with no problems. So I'm not sure if I'm lucky or what...I will say the board got considerably quieter there overnight, so I can only assume the rest of the keys went out.

Still debating dropping $22.50 on the season pass. I guess $5.60 a pack is a little hard to argue with.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2012, 15:39 eRe4s3r

I pre-ordered about a month ago though. So if you still haven't go a key on monday you should contact GMG support. Sometimes it happens, though it never has for me.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2012, 03:05 nin

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 02:56:
I bought from GMG and got key about a day ago.. put in steam, and pre-load is finished.

They seem to have an issue where, once keys are available, a new purchase gets a key immediately, while someone like me that ordered on Aug 5th still doesn't have theirs (true story - and there's a number of folks on their board just like me. This also happened with Sleeping Dogs keys.).

It's not a huge deal, as long as they deliver. Earlier this week they were saying on their twitter that they weren't going to be distributing keys until this next Tues (aka launch day) so any advance is nice and (at this point) unexpected...

But I would like my damn key now, please! Hopefully I'll have it when I get up tomorrow and can kick off the preload then...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2012, 02:56 eRe4s3r

I bought from GMG and got key about a day ago.. put in steam, and pre-load is finished.  

19. Re: Videosift Sep 15, 2012, 02:54 eRe4s3r

A lot of people, myself included, have been having trouble accessing VideoSift today. This is due to a recent change in DNS that has resulted in lots of people's web browsers not knowing how to open the videosift.com domain. DNS changes like this take a little while to propagate, so everything should return to normal for the affected users within several hours maximum (hopefully).

If you know folks who cannot access the site, please let them know it's just temporary and for an immediate fix, tell them to Google "how to edit my hosts file" and add the following two lines to the "hosts" file on their computer:

216.18.199.34 videosift.com
108.161.188.128 cdn.videosift.com

From the main page

18. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 15, 2012, 01:16 ^Drag0n^

Meh. Have both. IPhone crashes far less than my xoom. The only thing I really like better about my Xoom is the multimedia dock, which has incredible sound for such a small speaker. Makes it into a great bedside Internet radio/clock. Flash argument is barely rellevant, as Flash performance is one step above not having it at all. I so wanted it to really work well in that regard.

IMO. Never really bought into this Apple hate.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

17. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 14, 2012, 19:34 UConnBBall

Apple = Evil don't buy from them!!!  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 18:45 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 18:08:

Waitin on my key. Debating if I want to use the code and get the season pass for $22...

Was thinking about getting the pass with that 25% off coupon.....I dunno if it is worth it though...22 bux for shit that isn't going to come out until next year. 9 months AFTER release....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 18:43 xXBatmanXx

jimnms wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 18:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:42:
Holy crap. Almost slept the day away!

Borderlands 2 keys recieved - preloading
Torchlight 2 preloading
Black Mesa installing.

geez.

Did you buy BL2 from GMG? I haven't gotten a key yet.

4 Pack at Amazon.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 18:15 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:42:

Torchlight 2 preloading
Black Mesa installing.

geez.

Did you buy BL2 from GMG? I haven't gotten a key yet.

Steam Profile

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 18:14 jimnms

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 13:28:
FTL is now out on Steam!

I know what I'm doing on my lunch break. Dance

I broke down and bought it this morning, and played it while waiting for Black Mesa to download. If you buy it directly from the developer, you get a Steam key and a DRM free copy via. The Humble Store.

Steam Profile

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 18:08 nin

Waitin on my key. Debating if I want to use the code and get the season pass for $22...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 17:42 xXBatmanXx

Torchlight 2 preloading
Black Mesa installing.

geez.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 17:16 xXBatmanXx

McSterls wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 11:08:
Today is also Black Mesa release day. Finally. Although, the links are all jammed and it hasn't appeared on Steam yet.

Torrent. It is super fast. Everything else is dogged.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 16:47 Cutter

Boo Blue boo! Apple is evil, don't support them!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Videosift Sep 14, 2012, 16:19 nin

Quboid wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 16:15:
Is Videosift down for anyone else? It's been unavailable all day for me.

Just tried, can't hit it here, either.

7. Videosift Sep 14, 2012, 16:15 Quboid

Is Videosift down for anyone else? It's been unavailable all day for me.  

- Quboid

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 13:28 NegaDeath

FTL is now out on Steam!

I know what I'm doing on my lunch break. Dance

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo