Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

This new all-season Thursday Night Football deal is going to be tough getting used to, as it leaves all of three days between the conclusion of the previous week of NFL play and the start of the next week. Only Cutter (mostly) took up the challenge to out-pick me last week, and succeeded in spite of not actually picking the opener: He ended up 10-5 and I was 9-7. Not sure what I would do if more than one other person had picked, since that took long enough to compile as it is. Anyway, tonight is a classic, and a tough pick, but I am going with the Bears.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: SpaceShip.
Awaken 2 Rise of Heroes.
Links: The Eight Most Annoying Enemy Types in Video Games.
Stories: Mike Francesa falls asleep on-air. Joins his listeners in a nap.
Science: Ebola outbreak out of control in Congo: WHO.
West Nile cases in U.S. up nearly a third in latest week: CDC.
Media: The Parent Rap. Werd.
Woman Drives on Sidewalk to Pass School Bus. Stay awesome.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 22:39 Sepharo

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 20:33 banddirector

banddirector wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:39:
Ugh - - local fires around here has made the air quality so bad that it literally pegged out the scale - - the air quality measurement scale goes from 0 - 500 and it went to 500 (we're currently at 492).

See https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/Default.ltr.aspx and click on Wenatchee.

I sent Blue a cool pic of what it looked like before the air inversion kicked in. I'll see if I can find a link to the pic ...

I found the photog's site, and the picture is the 5th one on the page ...

http://www.bksecret.com/photography/photoblog/

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 19:33 PHJF

I have a PC/Console question. Games with multiplayer on both consoles and pc's tend to loose people playing multiplayer quite rapidly with exception of online games (MMO's/Battlefield series).
Example is that Saints Row 3, Borderlands, GTA 4, Dead Island seem to have little to no multiplayer players anymore, but console wise seem to keep going. Has anyone else noticed this?

This is the problem with waiting for games to hit $20 before buying them. If you get games close to release you shouldn't have any problems finding players.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 19:30 The Half Elf

So many awesome MP stories from GTA4. We were playing Cops and Robbers (was on the Robbers Team) all of my team made it to the boat except 1 person. Only rule we had is everyone alive had to escape. So we are driving between the islands trying to get our last guy on the boat, and he tells us to just floor it north heading towards the big bridge but to hug the left coast (between the islands if looking at the map), so we see his dot on the map getting closer and hear sirens so we figured he was being chased. He screams at us to stop the boat and he comes flying off a cliff over us in a firetruck, bails out mid fall and dies from landing on the boat. We were laughing so hard that the police who were following him blew up our boat due to landing on it.

Fun times.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 18:53 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 18:52:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:41:
If you guys are interested, I created a BluesNews group last year and no one joined.

http://www.beattheinsiders.com/home

A group for what?

Creston

Weekly NFL picks.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 18:52 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:41:
If you guys are interested, I created a BluesNews group last year and no one joined.

A group for what?

Creston

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 18:49 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 18:38:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:45:
GreenManGaming, Saints Row the 3rd for $7.50. Get on it if you are an unwashed heathen and do not have this game yet.

Use code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G (not sure if code works for other stuff)

And if anyone needs a co-op buddy for it let me know.

I have a PC/Console question. Games with multiplayer on both consoles and pc's tend to loose people playing multiplayer quite rapidly with exception of online games (MMO's/Battlefield series).
Example is that Saints Row 3, Borderlands, GTA 4, Dead Island seem to have little to no multiplayer players anymore, but console wise seem to keep going. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yea, but consoles suffer that too. THere are numerous websites and forums to go to for "boosting" your cheevos, and kind sometimes find people to play with.

Would be cool to get a bunch together for GTA4 MP sometime on the PC. It is done really well, but never really caught on.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 18:38 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:45:
GreenManGaming, Saints Row the 3rd for $7.50. Get on it if you are an unwashed heathen and do not have this game yet.

And if anyone needs a co-op buddy for it let me know.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 17:45 xXBatmanXx

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 17:41 xXBatmanXx

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 17:39 banddirector

Ugh - - local fires around here has made the air quality so bad that it literally pegged out the scale - - the air quality measurement scale goes from 0 - 500 and it went to 500 (we're currently at 492).

See https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/Default.ltr.aspx and click on Wenatchee.

I sent Blue a cool pic of what it looked like before the air inversion kicked in. I'll see if I can find a link to the pic ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 17:27 xXBatmanXx

Bears, Vikes, Chiefs, Raiders, Panters, Giants, Pats, StrippedKitties, Texans, Ravens, RedFaces, Cowgirls, Bolts, Steelers, Niners, Broncos for my underdog league.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 17:17 xXBatmanXx

Alamar wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:03:
Foly huck... Stupid should not be allowed to drive...

And only cited... Until some kid books it and she has an epiphany of why both sides of a street stop for school buses...

-Alamar

If I saw that - it would be an arrest - not just a citation. That is just flat out reckless.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 17:03 Alamar

Foly huck... Stupid should not be allowed to drive...

And only cited... Until some kid books it and she has an epiphany of why both sides of a street stop for school buses...

-Alamar

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 16:28 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 14:49:
For those of you interested (or on the fence) about the upcoming Xcom remake, RPS just did a really cool article about it.

Clicky Clicky!

Yeah, I think I may just have to pick this up when it comes out. Shit, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, and now this. And I'm probably going to spend another 100+ hours in GW2.

I need a clone that can go to work in my place instead.

Creston

Great find, thanks Cres!

Iíll finish by saying that my biggest concern has completely evaporated. I wasnít sure how different the game would feel on each playthrough, whether it would be as replayable as the original. Iíll need to answer that when Iíve got the full game and spent almost two decades with it, but Iíve started from scratch at least ten times in the last week, and itís felt like a different experience every time.

Yeah, I was kind of on the fence about it but I'm all in now.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 16:28 Jivaro

Chicago pulls the upset in Green Bay. I hate saying it, but swiss cheese has less holes then the Packer D.

The following teams will be shooting fire after losing last week: Buffalo, New Orleans, Cincy, Indy, and Pittsburg

I won't be betting against New England, NYG, Baltimore, or Denver all year. Good defense and good quarterbacks makes it difficult to pick against any of them.

Dallas will get revenge on Seattle.
Washington will keep living the dream. The wake up call is coming, but not this week.

And finally....San Diego, SF, Houston, and Miami will have tough games but should win.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 16:12 Prez

That Ebola shit looks bad. The thought of that getting loose in a city like NYC or LA is terrifying.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: Woman Drives on Sidewalk to Pass School Bus Sep 13, 2012, 16:03 jdreyer

Wow, breaking a second law in an attempt to avoid adhering to the first. And in a way which further endangers children, the whole point of the first law. It's simply unbelievable.

And they will throw the book at her, I guarantee it. My son's 5 yr old classmate was driven to school in the front seat of dad's Miata with no child seat. Cops nailed him: $500 fine AND a court appearance. The laws are strict, and when you endanger kids, the judge isn't disposed to be lenient. Even more so if you are endangering OTHER people's kids.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 14:49 Creston

For those of you interested (or on the fence) about the upcoming Xcom remake, RPS just did a really cool article about it.

Clicky Clicky!

Yeah, I think I may just have to pick this up when it comes out. Shit, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, and now this. And I'm probably going to spend another 100+ hours in GW2.

I need a clone that can go to work in my place instead.

Creston

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 13:39 Cutter

I was surprised with some of the losses last week to be sure, but that's the nature of the beast. And here are my predictions for this week....

Packers, Raiders, Jaguars, Bengals, Chiefs, Eagles, Colts, Patriots, Saints, Giants, Redskins, Seahawks, Chargers, Steelers, 49'ers, Broncos.

Was nice to see Peyton looking so good. That should make Denver fans happy. Should be a good game tonight and a tight at that.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo