Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved

3BF3Blog has word that DICE has improved the functionality of the "Report" button on Battlelog that can be used to snitch on Battlefield 3 players who cheat, or, you know, kill you too often. They say: "DICE has improved the “Report” player functionality, which now lets users report cheaters and stats padders, and lets them submit links to Battle reports, select the soldier that’s suspected of cheating. DICE promises that reported cheaters will be manually checked by the anti-cheat team at DICE. Hopefully the system will work better this time."

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 08:36 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 07:13:
Last time we had a post about BF3 cheating, I claimed that I never saw a cheater, and it's still the case. I've even started being called a cheater sometimes, and I'm not even that good. I admit that I did sometimes get my ass kicked in strange fashion, but I just couldn't claim it was a hacker. The moral of the story is that it in no way breaks the game for me.

As for PS2, I'm definitely interested, but I don't see both games competing. PS2 looks like space fantasy stuff, and it doesn't look as robust as BF3. It looks more mmo-like. But, I haven't played it, so...

We've done the cheating debate to death here already but just for reference, most cheaters are really subtle due to the level of sophistication in the hacks. Aim percentage, awareness and unclear killcams make it difficult to gauge who is actually cheating and who isn't. There's this misconception that someone has to have a ridiculous kill/death ratio to be cheating and that's far from the case, objective completion and actual score are far more important.

For a frame of reference people really need to look up some BF3 multihacks on youtube or something to see whats possible due to the ridiculous netcode concessions. Dice has been promising to fix it up for some time but still hasn't. I can still play and have a good time every now and then but its difficult to trust the integrity of the game when its own maker won't take it seriously. I sincerely doubt they are going to manually review these things, it is just lip service for stuff that is probably going to /dev/null.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 08:31 JayDeath

I uninstalled because of the rampant cheating but I do miss the game as it was great fun. I wonder if I should reinstall.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 07:37 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 07:13:
Last time we had a post about BF3 cheating, I claimed that I never saw a cheater, and it's still the case. I've even started being called a cheater sometimes, and I'm not even that good. I admit that I did sometimes get my ass kicked in strange fashion, but I just couldn't claim it was a hacker. The moral of the story is that it in no way breaks the game for me.

As for PS2, I'm definitely interested, but I don't see both games competing. PS2 looks like space fantasy stuff, and it doesn't look as robust as BF3. It looks more mmo-like. But, I haven't played it, so...

One of the things that turned me off Battlefield games (BF2 was the last one I tried to get into) is that although it sort of felt like a battle in a war it was still basically a 'match' that had a clearly defined start, an ending and although the maps and player numbers were much larger than any other FPS they were still basically following a variation of team deathmatch gameplay. It was still basically a shooter and there were better ones around at the time. (IMO)

PS2 (and PS1 I guess) takes this a huge step further. There are literally thousands of players online in a persistent world fighting battles on a number of ever changing front lines. (Sometimes even behind enemy lines, although that is inadvisable :)) Yes its an MMO but first and foremost its a FPS, the immersion and feel of being in a battle that actually matters is unmatched in my experience.

I think they will compete for this very reason, people who are tired of the typical shooter formula but still like the FPS genre will find a lot to like about PS2 and will try it. Battlefield purists will probably dislike it for the very same reasons.

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 07:13 ItBurn

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 04:38 InBlack

ASeven wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 20:13:
People say that when Planetside 2 releases BF3 will empty out pretty quickly and BF4 may be in jeopardy to get a decent amount of players. I have no idea since I don't own PS2 and BF3. Still, I find it curious I am finding more and more people saying this.

Is PS2 that good that it can compete with DICE's product and steal players?

I finally got into the PS2 beta a few days ago....managed to charm a (hopefuly) female developer over twitter into sending a key my way

Anyway the game is fun, its damn fun. Its also hard as fuck. Its also quite rough around the edges, there are a number of strange bugs that crop up from time to time but thats expected from a beta and they patch the game on a near daily basis.

Still I cant help but have fun in the game, even though I suck horribly at it. Its definitevly a little bit intimidating at first at least for someone like me who never played PS1 before and had very little experience with Battlefield games.

The epic holy shit moments are there though....the fights are intense and very realistic (SciFi realism yay) I had a huge rush yesterday after getting my first kill streak which included a galaxy troop transport, a terran tank and a terran infiltrator (sniper) who forgot to look behind his back

The game menu UI needs a shitload of work IMO. That is where the game falls very short, im still figuring out my way around it which is a shame as its an important part of the game, especially the tactical map which is important if you want to know where the shit is going down and follow your troop movements etc...

Cant compare it to BF3, but let me say that all other games on my PC are now officialy gathering dust...

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 02:53 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 02:45:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 22:47:
Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 22:41:
Techie714 © wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 19:51:
I'm still a fan of this game.

Shame on you.

What a meaningless hater post. Go back to GW2 and jerk off to your masters.

And this clown calls me a hater? Pot meet kettle. Dick.

Whats wrong your Mommy make you take a GW2 break?

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 02:45 Cutter

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 22:47:

Shame on you.

And this clown calls me a hater? Pot meet kettle. Dick.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 23:38 eRe4s3r

I actually played nearly daily the past 2 weeks and have not seen a single cheater. Only 1 wall glitcher in Metro... (walks in level geometry, instead of on it ,p)  

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 23:36 RailWizard

Not a chance. Though I don't doubt people will be enamored for a little while by it. It just lacks the detail that BF3 has.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 23:26 Techie714 ©

Shame on you.

It's Cutter we all know he hates everything & everyone equally. I'm cool with that..lol

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 23:00 eunichron

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 21:39:
Dev wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 20:32:
So previously they never bothered to check them?

Why should we believe them now?

None of these companies care about cheating - and since they now control the servers and we rent them, we have zero control. If they cared, there would be a HELL of a lot more articles about it.

As it stands, they just want your money, then they turn and burn another game in 12-16 months.

Wait, what? Have you even played BF3? Server admins still have a great amount of control. I admin'd a BF3 server at launch, only stopped because the guy that was paying for it stopped paying for it. There's still PBBans and GGC-Stream. Admins can still kick and ban people via console commands, and there are admin tools that allow for player voting for kicks and bans. Leased servers have changed nothing. The only problem is apathetic server admins that don't care to be proactive and get the tools they need to administer their servers properly, which is easily fixed by finding a handful of servers that are well administered and sticking to those servers.

On the flipside, if cheating in BF3 was really as rampant as people claim it to be, there would be a hell of a lot more articles about cheating in BF3.

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 22:47 dj LiTh

Shame on you.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 22:41 Cutter

Shame on you.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 22:34 Mordecai Walfish

None of these companies care about cheating - and since they now control the servers and we rent them, we have zero control. If they cared, there would be a HELL of a lot more articles about it.

As it stands, they just want your money, then they turn and burn another game in 12-16 months.

This.

Great that Battlefield is finally getting proper cheater reporting.. it's only 2012 how long have they been making these games?

I do appreciate the effort, especially as someone who has had to go through the 3 ring circus that they used to expect their customers to go through to report a cheater. Even when actually getting to the proper place (with EA/dice) to report cheaters before, they had *me* e-mail people from evenbalance (Punkbuster) so it became this huge process just to report a single cheater.

I could see this having seriously deterred folks from reporting in the past! Better late than never, I guess...

And I too still like playing BF3, and will probably play quite a bit more now with proper cheat reporting in place. Bad Company 2 was also hampered by this bullshit, amongst other downsides.

Still love flying in BF3 especially though and the new balance changes are very welcome. About time attack helis got that double-flare taken away, they could be damn near unstoppable before in the right hands..

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 22:18 eRe4s3r

Heh, got 27:0 today... and how? Rush, 32 players, and the Gunship .. I sat on the big gun, and hit 27 times before jumping out and the round was over. Other team was noobs, and my other gunner was good at managing the flares

Sidenote: I think AK Rush is completely utterly broken as hell and after this I never again will use the gunship in RUSH, it's just complete shit for the enemy team. Even if they use stingers and the 1 plane, if the rest of your team is good there will never be a succesful defense.

AK Rush maps are extremely attacker focused. Attackers got paradrop and that alone makes a HUGE difference.

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 22:04 dj LiTh

People say that when Planetside 2 releases BF3 will empty out pretty quickly and BF4 may be in jeopardy to get a decent amount of players. I have no idea since I don't own PS2 and BF3. Still, I find it curious I am finding more and more people saying this.

I own BF3, and i'm looking forward to PS2...i'm sure there will be some migration, but i just dont see one competing against the other very much.

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 21:46 Dev

Yep, and most companies love how the cheaters just buy another copy of the game when they get banned. EA is practically encouraging this with their BF3 premium pack allowing wiping of stats.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 21:39 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 21:39 Bucky

I typically see very little cheating when I play, and the ones that do are pretty obvious.

With that said, it's sometimes hard to sort out good players from cheaters. I can easily go 20-0 in a tank, because I understand that it's far more effective to use the vehicles to project force than it is to drive them onto a cap point.

Heck, my first round of Armored Kill last night I went 11-1, because there were a surprising number of players that apparently don't understand just how obvious your silhouette is when you're running along the peak of a ridge.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 20:32 Dev

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo