Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 14, 2012, 01:23 Ant

cappy wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 23:03:
Haha - Jimmy Kimmel pranked people by letting them play with an "iPhone 5" that was really just another iPhone 4s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=player_embedded

What was especially funny was how several people had an iPhone 4 or 4s in one hand while they played with the "new" phone, proclaiming it to be lighter, faster, and even "thinner."
Maybe it's fake. J/K!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2012, 23:03 cappy

Haha - Jimmy Kimmel pranked people by letting them play with an "iPhone 5" that was really just another iPhone 4s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=player_embedded

What was especially funny was how several people had an iPhone 4 or 4s in one hand while they played with the "new" phone, proclaiming it to be lighter, faster, and even "thinner."

18. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2012, 19:53 BobBob

Still waiting for something to be as productive as a keyboard and mouse.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

17. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2012, 15:21 Creston

cappy wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 23:54:
Quboid wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 21:21:
Is there any reason why someone would switch to an iPhone now? I can see upgrading from a previous model may make sense if you're used to it and you have apps (which I assume transfer to new models), but if you don't have an iPhone, why? What innovation does the iPhone 5 have, over the 4S or over other high end phones? It evolves 4S many features but doesn't add anything new, does it? Is 4G new to the iPhone?

I wouldn't swap my old SGS2 for an iPhone 5, never mind my current SGS3.

Because Apple is at the cutting edge.

For instance, when the original iPhone was released, no one had 4G LTE. Now the iPhone 5 has it.

The iPhone 5 is also the thinnest smartphone ever (especially if you count the "hump" on the Motorola Razr and ignore a few other phones claim to be smaller, but in any event they probably aren't really, because how could they be?)

The iPhone 5 introduces the largest screen of any (i)Phone ever sold before. Let's see what the competition comes up with to beat that!

ICS (Android Ice Cream Sandwich) is simply a stripped-down version of iOS. Sure, it has a Capital "I" instead of a lower-case "i." But the second letter "C" is the giveaway. A "C" means "Average" for one thing. For another, the "C" in ICS is just 2/3 of the "O" in iOS. So it's like stripping down the middle of the "OS" and leaving you with just a "CS." Who wants that?

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is manufactured with pure forgetfulness while the iPhone 5 is crafted with care. As a result, a Galaxy S3 is like a kid sent to school who forgot his lunchbox. What? I only have 16GB of memory in this phone? I guess I'll just have to put into the phone what the phone was missing and do it myself. It's like the phone was half-assembled or something. How could they forget to put 64GB of memory into it? The iPhone 5 helpfully comes pre-packed with up to its maximum 64GB of memory. It's like the kid's mom calls out, "Hey, you forgot your lunch!" (kid runs back). "Gee, thanks, Mom!"

I'm sure there are other things, but this serves as a good overview.

Well done, good Sir. Well done.

Creston

16. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2012, 08:57 cappy

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 01:33:
Is there any reason why someone would switch to an iPhone now? I can see upgrading from a previous model may make sense if you're used to it and you have apps (which I assume transfer to new models), but if you don't have an iPhone, why? What innovation does the iPhone 5 have, over the 4S or over other high end phones? It evolves 4S many features but doesn't add anything new, does it? Is 4G new to the iPhone?

For instance, when the original iPhone was released, no one had 4G LTE. Now the iPhone 5 has it.

The iPhone 5 is also the thinnest smartphone ever (especially if you count the "hump" on the Motorola Razr and ignore a few other phones claim to be smaller, but in any event they probably aren't really, because how could they be?)

The iPhone 5 introduces the largest screen of any (i)Phone ever sold before. Let's see what the competition comes up with to beat that!

ICS (Android Ice Cream Sandwich) is simply a stripped-down version of iOS. Sure, it has a Capital "I" instead of a lower-case "i." But the second letter "C" is the giveaway. A "C" means "Average" for one thing. For another, the "C" in ICS is just 2/3 of the "O" in iOS. So it's like stripping down the middle of the "OS" and leaving you with just a "CS." Who wants that?

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is manufactured with pure forgetfulness while the iPhone 5 is crafted with care. As a result, a Galaxy S3 is like a kid sent to school who forgot his lunchbox. What? I only have 16GB of memory in this phone? I guess I'll just have to put into the phone what the phone was missing and do it myself. It's like the phone was half-assembled or something. How could they forget to put 64GB of memory into it? The iPhone 5 helpfully comes pre-packed with up to its maximum 64GB of memory. It's like the kid's mom calls out, "Hey, you forgot your lunch!" (kid runs back). "Gee, thanks, Mom!"

This must be a troll post, lol.

So you dont have 64GB pre-installed. get a fucking SD card like the rest of the world and avoid paying a $200 premium to Apple for it while the price of NAND storage plummets year after year but in their "reality distortion field" every 16GB of additional phone memory is a $100 product their "fans" will eat up.

Ya think?

I was on a forum after the Apple-Samsung verdict came down, and one lady kept parroting how this will "encourage other companies to learn to innovate like Apple, instead of just copying and cheating."

But she apparently was unaware of all the various innovations incorporated into various Android-based and other-OS-based phones that Apple eventually gets around to incorporating in later iPhones. To her, it was black and white (just like the new iPhone colors).

I'm sure Apple will eventually innovate their way into incorporating NFC when they get around to it (and chose to skip it for whatever reason this time - either because of cost, other focuses, or whatever).

For the record, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and put a $30 SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 SDHC into it (which is more than I need; I don't even need the 64GB). I like the large screen size and still a thin phone, flexibility of Android and the device, color availability (mine's blue, my wife got red), and other aspects. S-Voice isn't that great, but I don't really use it other than "Call X" which it works well for.

I do think Apple makes a great phone. And if an iPhone came in a larger screen size, I would have seen it as an alternative to consider. But Steve Jobs - albeit pretty good at assessing consumer wants - was supposedly against changing the screen size of the iPhone or the iPad, so the iPhone 4s came out last year and now they're slightly stretching it as the iPhone 5 just as Apple is now planning on rolling out a mini-iPad in an innovative response to consumer demand for mid-size tablets. After playing with the iPhone 4s and Galaxy S3, I greatly preferred the screen size of the S3 - and even knowing the iPhone 5 was planning a 4" screen didn't sway me to consider it because I felt the S3's larger screen was pretty optimal for me.

As far as apps, I mainly want fundamental ones so the vast offerings in Apple's app store don't matter for me (for other people this is more important, and probably for tablets as well). Ditto for accessories - I just want a thin case for the back and chargers.

15. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2012, 06:24 Cornholio

Hmm... not quite up to Sharp's level.

http://mb.softbank.jp/en/products/sharp/106sh.html

Thing is badass, it's just too bad you guys in the states don't get it.

14. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2012, 05:55 Dev

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 01:33:
Read over it again

13. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2012, 03:07 .Drifter

I saw the new, all black iphone5 (at least it looks all black in the image) and my first though was "wow, looks like a couple of android phones I've seen from HTC and Samsung."
Oh crap, they're confused the consumer, I might have seen it and bought it instead of an android.
Guess anyone who made an all black android phone first has to sue them now for stealing their design.

12. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2012, 01:55 Ant

deqer wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 23:33:
I don't want a new iphone. I want my iphone4 to remain the new iphone.
I want my Toshiba VCR, 20" Sharp CRT TV, Casio Data Bank watch, dial-up modem, etc. to be the latest stuff.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

11. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2012, 01:33 Mordecai Walfish

So you dont have 64GB pre-installed. get a fucking SD card like the rest of the world and avoid paying a $200 premium to Apple for it while the price of NAND storage plummets year after year but in their "reality distortion field" every 16GB of additional phone memory is a $100 product their "fans" will eat up.

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2012, 01:27 Mordecai Walfish

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 20:37:
Randy Pitchford still wants Borderlands 2 on the Vita.

That scares me.....make me worry about the quality of the game.

Huh? Whats scary about pitchford wanting his newest game on the most capable mobile gaming platform out there?

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2012, 00:58 Tumbler

I'm kind of surprised the Iphone 5 isn't more interesting. The size of the screen seems to be the biggest feature I see on newer phones. The Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note seem to be leading that charge and I was kind of expecting apple to show up with something the size of the Galaxy S3.

We just got an S3 for my wife and it's damn impressive. My HTC droid incredible just won't quit though so I can't seem to find a good reason to go and buy the newer phone and be forced into a 2gb / month internet plan. I'm hoping the galaxy note will come available on verizon (via amazon) and either i can get that or maybe I can get a used S2 and keep my internet plan.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2012, 00:26 killer_roach

Doesn't really make me worry... considering the art style Borderlands uses, it could likely run just fine on the Vita.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2012, 23:56 El Pit

It's Apple, it's new, the sheeple will buy. It's like a sect.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

6. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 12, 2012, 23:54 cappy

5. Re: iPhone 5 Sep 12, 2012, 23:48 ^Drag0n^

Having both devices, I have to admit that the general quality of the apps on iOS are better. I have the same app, in many cases, across both platforms. Be it Tweetdeck, NHL Gamecenter, or Pandora, the android versions just have too many quirks (landscape not working in all screens in tweetdeck is f-ing stupid, IMO, and Pandora not allowing you to view precious tracks, well, ditto). The other thing I find annoying is knowing that the Tegra chip has the capability for amazing graphics, but nothing decent exists for games, whereas iOS has some amazing Unreal Engine games on board.

I like the open nature of android, but even with ice cream sandwich, it just seems to lack polish...but I continue to hope that changes.

Again, IMHO.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2012, 23:33 deqer

I don't want a new iphone. I want my iphone4 to remain the new iphone.  

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2012, 22:42 Cutter

I don't understand how anyone actually liked the first game. I really don't. Looked like shit and everything about it was in the Realm of Shit. Much like the two word review of Spinal Tap's album Shark Sandwich.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. iPhone 5 Sep 12, 2012, 21:21 Quboid

- Quboid

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2012, 20:37 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo