Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups

A new trailer is now available from Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, the upcoming action/RPG from American McGee's Spicy Horse Studios, saying: "Today we’re giving you the first look at gameplay in the upcoming action-RPG, which takes you back to feudal Japan and pits you against the Yokai, demonic creatures inspired by Japanese myth and folklore." Additionally, the Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Website is now accepting applications from those interested in beta testing the game.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 12, 2012, 23:42 Jerykk

LC wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 22:53:
Another ARPG? No thanks. I really wish a developer would try to pick up where the original Fallouts and Arcanum left off. Granted Fallout was pretty much limited to solving things through violence, diplomacy and stealth with the dialogue giving the player the option to be a good guy or bad/self serving guy. Still it was closer to the PnP RPG experience then all the kill and loot games that have followed.

How would you solve something without resorting to violence, diplomacy or stealth..? I'm pretty sure every possible solution for any given RPG problem falls under one of those categories.

I do agree that having multiple solutions to any given problem is a fundamental part of RPGs, though. That's why I don't consider hack 'n slash games like Diablo to be RPGs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 12, 2012, 01:17 SM0k3

why does the abilities look like a direct copy of diablo 3's demon hunter? fire walker/vault, elemental arrow(multi-arrows), and rain of vengeance.  

4. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 12, 2012, 00:11 Slashman

Another F2P aRPG because that niche is so empty right now...  

3. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 11, 2012, 23:48 Trevellian

This looks awful. Why is it that everyone who was involved with id back in the hayday just seems like they don't know what the hell they're doing anymore. Are they really all that lost without each other or was the success of Doom and Quake just based on timing and a fluke. I don't want to think that way but since none of them have gone on to do anything great it's becoming depressing to think about.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

2. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 11, 2012, 23:43 Cutter

Pass.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 11, 2012, 22:53 LC

Another ARPG? No thanks. I really wish a developer would try to pick up where the original Fallouts and Arcanum left off. Granted Fallout was pretty much limited to solving things through violence, diplomacy and stealth with the dialogue giving the player the option to be a good guy or bad/self serving guy. Still it was closer to the PnP RPG experience then all the kill and loot games that have followed.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo