Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2012, 18:49 Hyatus

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 12:11:
I guess my biggest problem with Wario Ware was that you needed to unlock multiplayer. Bringing it to a friends' house was a huge bitch.
It was only played on our one Wii, so I can understand. Though, why didn't you just pop an SD card in and transfer the save files?

Funny you loved NSMB until other people played. I actually found it somewhat dull single player [...] But being able to push someone into the lava was fantastic.

You must not have kids.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2012, 12:11 Beamer

Hyatus wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 12:05:
I disagree about Wario Ware. I thought it was the best incarnation yet and loved those little "stances" or whatever they were called when you got to the new ones.

I also thought New Super Mario Bros was awesome...until other people started playing. Then it was a nightmare of trying not to get smacked into lava or enemies while proceeding through the level.

Mario Galaxy was meh and had such a stupid 2nd player mechanism.

Boom Blox and Wii Sports/Resort/MotionPlus were all fun times, though.

I guess my biggest problem with Wario Ware was that you needed to unlock multiplayer. Bringing it to a friends' house was a huge bitch. So was going through 3 Wiis. It took about an hour and a half to unlock multiplayer, which was a painful grind if people were already there to play.

Funny you loved NSMB until other people played. I actually found it somewhat dull single player - too little innovation (Ray Man Origins is a good sign of tons of innovation.) But being able to push someone into the lava was fantastic.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2012, 12:05 Hyatus

I disagree about Wario Ware. I thought it was the best incarnation yet and loved those little "stances" or whatever they were called when you got to the new ones.

I also thought New Super Mario Bros was awesome...until other people started playing. Then it was a nightmare of trying not to get smacked into lava or enemies while proceeding through the level.

Mario Galaxy was meh and had such a stupid 2nd player mechanism.

Boom Blox and Wii Sports/Resort/MotionPlus were all fun times, though.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2012, 10:46 Beamer

There were only a few Wii games I loved, and I really did love them (but only in group settings.)

Boom Blox was fantastic, one of the best multiplayer games of the generation
Wii Sports was fun
Wario Ware was fun, but a step back
Mario Kart was fun, also felt a step back
Smash Brothers felt like 4 or 5 steps back, still fun
NSMB was fantastic with 4 people

I didn't like the single player games, though. Zelda has been stagnant. Mario Galaxy was fun but I felt would be better with a regular controller. Rayman was definitely better on a regular controller with an HD system.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2012, 10:42 Verno

Axis wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 09:46:
The DS/DSI has enjoyed a constant stream of renewed purchases and titles due to the 3DS being a dud in many ways.

I think this is a bit of a misconception, the 3DS is actually doing really well. It's on par and often exceeding the equivalent DS/DSL sales when it was released. The big upswing in sales for the DS didn't really happen until 2-3 years after it was released and had a large library of games.

To be fair though, I do agree that without the back catalog of DS games to play, the 3DS would have a pretty woeful software lineup. I think it will have great success once more titles in development start to arrive. The Vita is the system that seems to be struggling to me.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2012, 09:46 Axis

Boom Blox
Elebits
Super Smash Bros
Rayman Origins
Wii Sports Resort
Dragon Quest Swords
Monster Lab
Puzzle Quest

Spent so many hours helping my kids play these. Don't think because Nintendo wants you to buy the Wii U will the original Wii die. The DS/DSI has enjoyed a constant stream of renewed purchases and titles due to the 3DS being a dud in many ways.

Having said that, I'm looking to the next kid-friendly console for my kids eventually, and I'm not sure the Wii U is it. Maybe, keep those options open.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2012, 09:05 Verno

Good article. I hated the Wii at first, it was a system full of shovelware and the only decent titles were first party. I hated motion controls and still think there weren't really any decent games that used them well enough to justify the peripheral. That said, some of my favorite plain ol' videogames of this generation came from the Wii despite a lot of technical challenges due to its limited hardware.

When I look back on this generation I got limited time out of my 360 which was out for repairs longer than playing my whole library of games would've required. My PS3 mostly collected dust in between Souls games and Valkyria Chronicles.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

1. Farewell to the Wii, A Great Gaming System After All. Sep 12, 2012, 04:42 mag

I don't understand. Few of those games had M16s or chest-high walls. How is the Wii good without those?!  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo