Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

First Steam Greenlight Selections

Valve announces the first 10 titles being added to Steam thanks to the new Steam Greenlight program, saying they will be released independently in the months ahead. "The Steam community rallied around these titles and made them the clear choice for the first set of titles to launch out of Greenlight," said Anna Sweet of Valve. "Since launch, hundreds of titles have been submitted, with more coming in every day. We expect to be announcing more titles coming to Steam via Greenlight soon." Here are the ten honorees:

• Black Mesa
  • Cry of Fear
  • Dream
  • Heroes & Generals
  • Kenshi
  • McPixel
  • No More Room in Hell
  • Project Zomboid
  • Routine
  • Towns

View
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

34. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 22:26 Parallax Abstraction

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:08:
It reminds me of the DNF fanboys...

Those existed?!

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 21:27 durandal

I bet they'll distribute the game via bit-torrents.  

32. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 21:15 Beelzebud

Nice to see Project Zomboid on the list!  

31. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 20:55 Yosemite Sam

SirKnight wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 15:50:
Woohoo Black Mesa!

Be nice if they fast track it onto steam by friday. Dunno where the BM team plans to host the MOD, but I can see the servers crashing within an hour of release if it isnt hosted by a ton of sites, or some large cloud service.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

30. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 19:12 Dades

I get amusement riling up the children here so easily. Look at that last post. Two or three replies and this place exploded. The precious little defenseless Black Mesa mod must be protected from the big meanies. Love it.

Are you on drugs or something? It's a free fucking mod, not Justin Bieber.

29. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 18:58 dj LiTh

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 18:52:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:35:
I was hoping for interstellar marines to be on this list. Oh well, maybe next time (can there be a next time?).

Dang, I hadn't realized that was up there! But voting for all titles on Greenlight is ongoing as far as I can tell, until they get enough attention to be officially approved like those ten in the story.

Interesting...so if its ongoing, that means the longer a project is on there the more votes it collects and more likely it gets to be greenlit. Likewise, more games that are on there, more votes there are, will make it almost impossible for new projects to compete with ones that have been on there for years and have millions of votes no?

28. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 18:58 gilly775

That's awesome for Kenshi, Project Zomboid and Towns. I love those games!  

27. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 18:52 jacobvandy

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:35:
I was hoping for interstellar marines to be on this list. Oh well, maybe next time (can there be a next time?).

Dang, I hadn't realized that was up there! But voting for all titles on Greenlight is ongoing as far as I can tell, until they get enough attention to be officially approved like those ten in the story.

26. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:54 Beamer

He's called me a fanboy a few times when I haven't even looked at a screenshot since, what, 2007 or 2008? I wouldn't even know this thing existed if not for this thread, and I've got zero interest in downloading it because I played through HL:S twice.

I just think his extreme reaction is hysterical.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:52 nin

ASeven wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:30:
nin wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:01:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 16:58:
Awww, did I hurt the feelings of a few fanboys? Take it to the Black Mesa forums where they get in line to kiss their ring.

The only one with hurt feelings here is apparently you. You keep crying like a little girl, and wonder why people laugh at you.

I get amusement riling up the children here so easily. Look at that last post. Two or three replies and this place exploded. The precious little defenseless Black Mesa mod must be protected from the big meanies. Love it.

Get in your fucking thick skull that nobody here is a fan of Black Mesa but the mod is free and since it's free nothing is lost by trying it. Holy shit you lately sound like you came from the special bus.

I'm voting "bipolar and off the meds"...clearly he can't handle the idea of mod more successful than his, and feels the need to act out.

I almost feel sorry for him. It must suck to be upstaged by the Black Mesa team.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:40 Julio

ASeven wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:30:
Holy shit you lately sound like you came from the special bus.

Don't be mean to those who ride the special bus!

23. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:35 Mangrove

Jago wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:09:
Gonarch, the giant testicle monster was the best bit of Xen.

I tickled that ballsack monster with the hivehand until it ejaculated white pus everywhere, killing not only the Gonarch, but also my sexual innocence.

22. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:35 dj LiTh

21. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:30 ASeven

Awww, did I hurt the feelings of a few fanboys? Take it to the Black Mesa forums where they get in line to kiss their ring.

The only one with hurt feelings here is apparently you. You keep crying like a little girl, and wonder why people laugh at you.

Get in your fucking thick skull that nobody here is a fan of Black Mesa but the mod is free and since it's free nothing is lost by trying it. Holy shit you lately sound like you came from the special bus.

20. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:28 mag

Jago wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:09:
Techie714 wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 16:14:
Cool, Xen was not my favorite part of the game. I really enjoyed the ground fighting & exploring.

Gonarch glitched out on me on my one and only run through HL. Refused to jump into the pit. Unloaded all of my ammo into it, couldn't kill it, quit and never played again. Ha.

19. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:09 Jago

Techie714 wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 16:14:
Cool, Xen was not my favorite part of the game. I really enjoyed the ground fighting & exploring.

18. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:08 Mad Max RW

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2012, 17:15.

17. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 17:01 nin

16. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 16:58 Mad Max RW

15. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 16:55 nin

But the apologists roll on! You will all be bitching after it's out realizing the thing isn't finished.

Hook, line, and sinker.

74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo