Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill

DICE and EA announce the release of the PC and Xbox 360 editions of Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, the latest DLC for the military shooter sequel, touting its availability as part of the Battlefield 3 Premium Edition. Here's word on the new pack:

Starting today, all Battlefield 3 Premium members will be able to download the latest digital expansion pack, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill. Showcasing the signature all-out vehicular warfare the Battlefield series is known for, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill delivers six new vehicles for players to control. Gamers will jump in the seat of tanks, ATV’s, mobile artillery and an aerial gunship that lets gamers rain death from above as they traverse across four huge maps ranging from the snow-capped peaks of Alborz Mountains to the arid vistas of Bandar Desert – the largest multiplayer map in Battlefield history. Also making its debut in Battlefield 3: Armored Kill is Tank Superiority, a dangerously intense gameplay mode where two opposing tank platoons must battle it out for control of a single location on the map until one team has fully bled their opponent’s respawn tickets dry.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 12, 2012, 17:31 Jackplug

wow, didnt think anyone was still playing this shit, oh yeah sorry all those metro spammers will be still in there..Yawn...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 12, 2012, 13:21 nin

Besides, Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 in a few days... I'll be plenty busy.

Damn. I knew TL2 was "soon" but had forgotten it was so close to BL2...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 12, 2012, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 10:46:
Premium stuff is available to Premium members first for a week or two then it goes on sale. I used a coupon code and a loophole on the Origin India store to get Premium for like $20 which is about what I think the BF3 DLC will ultimately be worth. I like Armored Kill so far, much better than the Close Quarters crap which was like Babbys First Counter-Strike map without all of the tight ballistics and netcode that make CS great.

Lol, your post got me curious, so I looked up the Indian connection you mentioned... I think I'll just wait a couple of weeks instead of worrying about the dollar to rupees conversion rate + foreign transaction fees. Also, pretty much everybody I know who plays BF3 has quit already, and I was borderline ready to uninstall it. I'm definitely not into BF3 for the long haul for eventual DLCs or as you say, shoddy CS ripoffs.

Besides, Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 in a few days... I'll be plenty busy.

*Offtopic* Defeated Inferno Diablo with only dropped/crafted by myself gear on my WD. D3 = accomplished.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 12, 2012, 10:46 Verno

Premium stuff is available to Premium members first for a week or two then it goes on sale. I used a coupon code and a loophole on the Origin India store to get Premium for like $20 which is about what I think the BF3 DLC will ultimately be worth. I like Armored Kill so far, much better than the Close Quarters crap which was like Babbys First Counter-Strike map without all of the tight ballistics and netcode that make CS great.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 12, 2012, 10:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, is Armored Kill looks pretty good, but is there any way to get this right now without buying Premium? I understand you get access to future DLCs, but I am morally opposed to paying for shit from EA that doesn't even exist yet.

I'd buy just Armored Kill for like 10 bucks, I have no interest in the rest of the DLCs, honestly.

Googling is showing me $14.99 as a possible price for just Armored Kill, but it doesn't actually seem to be for SALE anywhere... what gives? (For PC, not console)

*EDIT*
Techie714 © wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 11:02:
I'll be getting this DLC when it's available as a separate download & not a "premium" member. This looks really good!

Hrm, not available yet separately? Lame. EA/DICE better not wait until after they release ALL of the DLCs, those greedy bastards. (my $10-14.99 vs $59.99)

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2012, 10:41.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 21:06 Bucky

McJammiepants wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 19:19:
Rea1One wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 19:09:
The Best BF3 DLC so far!!!

Agreed. I have played for only an hour and a half or so and already had a number of epic moments. That, and the maps are beautiful.

+1. Is it me or do you paradrop out of the gunship at a faster rate than normal? All I know is that the first time I did it I just barely pulled the chute in time.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 19:19 McJammiepants

Rea1One wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 19:09:

Agreed. I have played for only an hour and a half or so and already had a number of epic moments. That, and the maps are beautiful.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 19:09 Rea1One

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 18:38 RailWizard

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:32:
Metro is a fun map. When it's played in rush mode. With 32 players or less.

Metro was not designed to be played with 64 players in conquest mode, for reasons that should be obvious when playing it that way. Why admins insist on putting it into 64 player server rotations is beyond me.

Yeah, and CQ is a 'good' DLC as long as you can find servers and players that play it 'properly'. As in, good fucking luck with that.

The thing that has made BF so good over the years is precisely the big maps with all roles included. This fits the public server role better than anything else. If you want smaller, more team oriented style, there are games for that. I.E. CoD, CS, TF2, etc....

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 17:32 Agent.X7

Metro is a fun map. When it's played in rush mode. With 32 players or less.

Metro was not designed to be played with 64 players in conquest mode, for reasons that should be obvious when playing it that way. Why admins insist on putting it into 64 player server rotations is beyond me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 16:52 theglaze

RailWizard wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 15:15:
Metrotards

Thank you, I have now adopted this word into my vocabulary.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 16:01 Hornet303

Or "maybe" people like a bit of variety in their games. I always liked the vehicle maps, but I never complained about Op Metro when it came across the rotation.

Then I read these online forums and find out that I'm stupid for thinking they're OK. Either that or apparently play it 24x7 to pad my stats, which I know isn't true. I guess I'm a stupid moron, bummer.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 15:40 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:01:
I'll get to this eventually I guess. Between GW2, Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands 2 so much gaming goodness already.

Arg. This, GW2, Borderlands 2, Skylanders 3DS, New Super Mario Bros 2, Gears 3 (Yeah, I'm behind), Ass Creed Bro (See?), Ass Creed Revelations, etc, on and on.

Sometimes owning your own video game store is not a good thing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 15:15 RailWizard

Well the maps are big. As in WTF big since it makes you wonder why ALL the maps aren't that big. This DLC clearly demonstrates there is no reason for small maps other than morons that must be spoon fed. i.e. Metrotards.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 15:06 jacobvandy

Hmm, well if there's anything that will pull me away from Guild Wars 2 right now, it'll be this. Downloading!  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 12:44 Tumbler

Meh, the trailer looked very interesting but then I have all those memories of what playing BF3 is really like. I think if they'd gone and modded all the maps to be big so the experience could be consistent across a dozen maps I'd be more inclined to give them a 2nd chance.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 12:16 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:01:
I'll get to this eventually I guess. Between GW2, Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands 2 so much gaming goodness already.

Same. Knee deep in Guild Wars 2, FTL is out in 3 days, still need to open my copy of Last Story, and so on. Out of all the DLC packs this is probably the only one I'd want to buy. My favorite BF1942 maps were the big open tank ones like El Alamein so this is right up my alley.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 12:01 Verno

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 11:03 eRe4s3r

Actually.. paying for all DLC seperately is 20€ more expensive .. just saying  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 11:02 Techie714 ©

I'll be getting this DLC when it's available as a separate download & not a "premium" member. This looks really good!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo