Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume

The Buy Guild Wars 2 Page now once again offers digital sales of Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel. They suspended online sales a couple of weeks ago to prevent their servers from being overwhelmed, but now word is: "Starting today, gamers who have been searching for remaining copies of Guild Wars 2 will be able to join their friends in-game and experience what the entire industry is raving about, as the game is once again available for purchase through buy.guildwars2.com and numerous retail partners.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 18:48 Lorcin

Broekn quests/events I get but just logged cause my party couldn't get into sorrow's embrace. I got in once by fluke but the rest were stuck outside.

Broken dungeons are a bit disheartening but fuck it - game is a lot of fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 18:16 Stanly Manly

Despoiler wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:27:
Broken quests and events are common for newly released games.

They are only "common" because you tolerate them. Try being a bit more discerning with your money and you might see this trend start to reverse itself...

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 16:05 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:25:
The higher level areas definitely have more buggy events than the lower level areas. Iron Marches or whatever its called was almost unplayable when I first came across it. They are patching events daily though, make sure you /bug them when you come across them.

I'm going to try leveling an alt from 30 to 80 solely through WvW, should be fun.

Yeah, i've bugged everything I came across, but it's just happening randomly across the board. I've been seeing events broken/not able to be interacted with since I was like level 10. It's annoying because they work in overflow, leading me to believe it might not be a bad idea for them to just reset their zones every three days or so. Tell everyone to log out and reboot your stuff.

You and your WvW
Wish I could join in and see you guys play sometime, it's gotta be cool to see some effective strategy in WvW. My server is just full of zergers. I got my monthly, but I doubt I'll play it much beyond that.

Creston

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 15:38 Acleacius

I'm only guessing the game is broken at the same places on all the servers. Iron Marshes and Timberline are pretty buggy but Iron Marshes can be Map Completed 100%. Timberline is still has several broken events but only one can't be completed, Whispering Falls. There is a POI and Skill Point behind a door, which can't be open atm by the NPCs.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 14:04 Fion

Good to know sales are resuming from their website. I have several friends (both online and irl) who want to purchase the game but have been unable to find it anywhere.

My main hit 30 last night. I'm really taking my time with the game, though I do have a number of lower lvl alts lol. I'm very much enjoying myself, the game has only grown on me since launch and every day I log in I'm having more and more fun than I was the day before (which hasn't happened to me since WoW vanilla!).

I've noticed a handful of broken events. I've bugged each and everyone one of them. I actually had the experience of a dev fix one right as I was doing it. The fun little event in Gendarran Fields with the kids looking for treasure. It was broken about 1/2 way though and someone at Anet (with the symbol over their head) popped in, a few seconds later was gone and the event resumed. Loving that they are so on top of this stuff and that they don't have to bring the server down for 5 hours with every little tweak or patch.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2012, 14:11.

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 13:53 sauron

I'm playing an Asuran thief as first character, basically a badass chipmunk with cornrows, daggers and a gun. Very fun.

I also have alts already so I could grab the names I wanted - a Charr warrior, elven mesmerer, and two other Asurans. One's elementalist, the other's a miniature warrior who waves around a greatsowrd that's bigger than she is. Will probably switch one of those out for a Norn guardian.

Game has a lot of replay value even before I start looking into PvP or WvWvW, or raiding.

Kittens!

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 13:33 Agent.X7

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:36:
Just hit 40 myself, if things are looking like that going forward then maybe I'll go complete the maps of the other races starter zones so the devs can iron out the higher level stuff.

Really only interested in playing Charr and my one human, so my main has been doing all the Asura and Silvari stuff too. I have been ignoring my level. I think I am 26 or 27 now, but I am having too much fun in the low level areas to go charging off to the higher level ones yet.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 13:21 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:39:
I would save the other races stuff for an alt so its fresh, just my advice

That's a good point, hadn't considered that. Hell I'll probably make it halfway to 80 on discovery crafting alone.

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 13:15 Lorcin

Noticed the same thing in later levels, which made this:

Fixed a bug with the recipe for Ginger Pear Tarts that excluded Dough from the recipe.

Really make me laugh from the 8-9-12 patch notes

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 12:39 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:36:
Just hit 40 myself, if things are looking like that going forward then maybe I'll go complete the maps of the other races starter zones so the devs can iron out the higher level stuff.

You'll be fine, they've fixed many of them up and thankfully in the higher level zones you have more options as they tend to overlap in level ranges. Whenever I need exp and I don't feel like doing events I just explore, craft or PVP and usually end up with a level or two in no time. I've actually started ignoring my level lately, this is one of the few MMOs to get me to stop caring about it. It's basically an armor or zone requirement to me and nothing else, I measure my progression in other ways.

I would save the other races stuff for an alt so its fresh, just my advice

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 12:36 NegaDeath

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 12:27 Despoiler

They fix these broken events quickly though. There has been like 4+ event fixes issued per patch. Broken quests and events are common for newly released games. I'm just noting the places I can't complete and will go back later.  

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 12:25 Verno

The higher level areas definitely have more buggy events than the lower level areas. Iron Marches or whatever its called was almost unplayable when I first came across it. They are patching events daily though, make sure you /bug them when you come across them.

I'm going to try leveling an alt from 30 to 80 solely through WvW, should be fun.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Digital Sales Resume Sep 11, 2012, 11:11 Creston

My biggest gripe with the game right now is how many quests/skillpoints/other assorted stuff just gets borked on a day to day basis.

Spent 20+ minutes fighting myself through hordes of fucking Dredge (who are SO fucking irritating) to get to a Tomb door to fight some elemental boss who apparently drops good loot.

Only to find the door can't be interacted with. Waited for some other players to show up, and they can't get the door open either. All of us had keys, the boss had already spawned behind the door, just the door won't open.

So I'm wandering around some Dredge town, and find another tomb door (all of them have mini-bosses behind them in this map.) The tomb door highlights, the boss spawns, but it still won't open. I have 7 keys in my inventory...

Finally, I go to the skillpoint in the skritt caverns on this map. A boss fight initiates as soon as I approach the skillpoint, only the actual boss itself doesn't spawn, so while the Event is up, and the boss' health gauge can be seen, there is nothing to fight.

I just logged out after that. Shit's been breaking since day 1, but typically it's been like 1 event per map or so. And you could get around it by just zoning out and zoning back in, which would put you in overflow where stuff worked.

But now that I'm in level 50-60 zones, there aren't enough players to put you in overflow, so when something is broken, well, there goes your 100% map completion.

I'll see if some of this stuff is fixed when I log back in tonight, it's likely just a script with a bad line in it somewhere that breaks, but it's pretty annoying to slug your way through practically instantly respawning dredge only to find the door at the end to be broken...

Creston

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo