Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve's list of the ten bestselling titles on Steam for the week showed up this morning, as opposed to its usual Sunday release, offering the following list:

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  4. ARMA II Combined Operations
  5. Crysis Collection
  6. Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  7. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  9. I AM Alive
  10. Sleeping Dogs

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 16:30 dj LiTh

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 14:43:
*Free Borderlands 2 game download with purchase of qualifying video card
Which one did you get John? Not sure which generation you are upgrading from, but how does it compare to the 500 series? I have a 560ti (awesome card) but I'm looking at upgrading again.

Instead of upgrading from a pretty good card, may i recommend grabbing another for cheaper and going the SLI route. Thats what i did with my 460gtx 1gb, i slapped in another for about 120$ and i'm maxed out on everything. Also dont forget to overclock, the 4/5/6 60's are great overclockers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 16:05 John

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 15:48:
I've had a 500 series for a year or so and can throw pretty much anything at it at 19x10. A 600 series should last you awhile.
Thanks! That's good to know. It will be a while before I can do another upgrade so I want this to last. I'm also getting a 3rd Gen i7 CPU to go with it.

This space is available for rent

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 15:48 nin

I am getting a GTX 660 Ti though. I was looking at some higher 600-series models but this seems to be the best card for the price.. at least for the price I wanted to pay. I also considered getting a high-end 500-series at first, but when I saw the 660 and above come with BL2, I decided to get it instead.

I've had a 500 series for a year or so and can throw pretty much anything at it at 19x10. A 600 series should last you awhile.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 15:31 John

Which one did you get John? Not sure which generation you are upgrading from, but how does it compare to the 500 series? I have a 560ti (awesome card) but I'm looking at upgrading again.
I'm not even sure which one I'm upgrading from! I got it about 6 years ago though so that shows how old it is. I could look it up later at home but don't remember the model right off..

I am getting a GTX 660 Ti though. I was looking at some higher 600-series models but this seems to be the best card for the price.. at least for the price I wanted to pay. I also considered getting a high-end 500-series at first, but when I saw the 660 and above come with BL2, I decided to get it instead.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 14:52 ASeven

"Oh Prez is probably in need of getting a new card, he hasn't got one in the last 3 hours."

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 14:46 Sepharo

Ooh geez, I guess I Kickstarted so much stuff I forgot what FTL was... Now to go find that key I was supposed to get.  

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 14:43 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 14:41 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 12:41:
ASeven wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 12:32:
Been having an insanely amount of fun with FTL. Wonder how it will do when it's officially released on the 14th. At $10 it would be insane not to buy FTL.

And the alternative type of the Federation Ship is kickass.

Man, that's good news. I didn't know the full version was coming so soon.

After 40 hours I've beaten OMD2 by 5 skulling every level (classic and story) on War Mage for both characters and Nightmare for the warmage. I don't really have anything left to do in it, though I wish I did. That leaves a wide open window for my gaming, and though I have an enormous backlog there's little I want to play other than more OMD2, but FTL looks very promising.

I was shocked at how awesome the bloody game is. They've given the beta to all kickstarters and they gave it as a Steam key. I've been shocked at putting 25H into the game and I only got it 4 days ago. I was expecting a good game given the premise but what I got was a freaking awesome, tense, amazing game. The simple graphics and chip-tunes give an impression of a relatively simple game but god damn, the game keeps forcing you to make tense decisions all the time. I won't be surprised if this game becomes a classic. For me it's my game of the year and I don't see anything that can overthrow it other than Natural Selection 2. It's that damn good.

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 13:05:
Is that coming out on steam at the same time or later? I saw gog mentioned, as well as steam keys...

Thanks!

It's coming on Steam on the 14th and I think GOG too, though I was given a Steam key for the beta and not a full .exe file.

Also, for those wishing to see more of the game and reviewers having a blast playing it:

http://youtu.be/P-SnIhpCm5w
http://youtu.be/3c_QY0dnI-M
http://youtu.be/cCScFxVycRc

Fuck me I haven't played a game so much since release like this one.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 13:59 John

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 12:39:
I couldn't resist any longer. It will take until Xmas for Borderlands 2 to be that cheap again, and it hasn't even shipped! I broke my "no buying a game until a week after it has shipped" rule. Hope I don't regret it.

I can beat that! I'll be getting it for free!*

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 13:34 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 10:36:
Just a note for those that bought BL2 through GMG. No preload. I'd be a little disappointed, except I got it for $37.50...

Still available for $36, with GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G...

I couldn't resist any longer. It will take until Xmas for Borderlands 2 to be that cheap again, and it hasn't even shipped! I broke my "no buying a game until a week after it has shipped" rule. Hope I don't regret it.

Awesome. It's a shame we can't have like a fifteen guy gang in BL2.

Creston

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 13:22 SpectralMeat

I am pretty sure you will not regret it Prez. Everything I've seen about this game is pretty awesome so far. If you've enjoyed the first Borderlands I am pretty sure you will like this one as well.
There was an hour or so long gameplay footage on gamespot the other day.

Steam: SpectralMeat

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 13:16 nin

MU-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 13:05 nin

Been having an insanely amount of fun with FTL. Wonder how it will do when it's officially released on the 14th. At $10 it would be insane not to buy FTL.

Is that coming out on steam at the same time or later? I saw gog mentioned, as well as steam keys...

Thanks!

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 12:49 Beamer

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 12:44:
Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 11:13:
I only watched one of last weeks videos but it already sold me on XCOM, the good one anyway. The FPS one I will just wait until other people weigh in after it comes out.

Last I heard it was undergoing a major redesign. The best thing about it was the setting, but I think they changed it from the stylized '50's theme to a quasi futuristic theme. I wouldn't have minded the old style if they would have made the aliens less like ink blots and made it feel more tactical. It looked way too action-y in the videos.

I'm ok with action-y. In fact, I thought those initial videos were fantastic. I loved the polygon nature of the enemies, and loved the setting. How many 50s scifi shooters do we have?

It had little to do with X-COM other than an alien invasion and secret government agencies/conspiracies, but all of that is kind of fitting more with 50s scifi than X-COM. I didn't much care, though, if the game was cool then so what? We're getting a "real" X-COM so I was ok with the name being used for an unconnected shooter so long as it was quality.
My guess is the powers that be realized it was kind of dumb to release two games with the same name and zero connection so they changed the FPS. A shame, the value was the unique setting, not the name, and they simply should have renamed it rather than changed it. Maybe that's what they're doing...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 12:44 Prez

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 11:13:
I only watched one of last weeks videos but it already sold me on XCOM, the good one anyway. The FPS one I will just wait until other people weigh in after it comes out.

Last I heard it was undergoing a major redesign. The best thing about it was the setting, but I think they changed it from the stylized '50's theme to a quasi futuristic theme. I wouldn't have minded the old style if they would have made the aliens less like ink blots and made it feel more tactical. It looked way too action-y in the videos.
I was going to say you can really use a new game now, you haven't bought any new games in like what a few hours?

Everyone's a comedian lately.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 12:42 SpectralMeat

Just a note for those that bought BL2 through GMG. No preload. I'd be a little disappointed, except I got it for $37.50...

I was going to say you can really use a new game now, you haven't bought any new games in like what a few hours?

Steam: SpectralMeat

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 12:41 Beamer

Man, that's good news. I didn't know the full version was coming so soon.

After 40 hours I've beaten OMD2 by 5 skulling every level (classic and story) on War Mage for both characters and Nightmare for the warmage. I don't really have anything left to do in it, though I wish I did. That leaves a wide open window for my gaming, and though I have an enormous backlog there's little I want to play other than more OMD2, but FTL looks very promising.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 12:39 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 12:32 ASeven

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 11:57 nin

No, they've been off before, a little while before the summer sale. One or two weeks they were missing. Then the sale put them back in there, and then the DLC happened, so it's been fewer than five weeks in total. But they've been gone before once or twice.

Yeah, I went as far back as March, and I see it missing on March 25th...

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo