Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, I'm suffering the opposite swing of my good fortune of having avoided catching any colds for several years, as I now have a cold for the third consecutive change of seasons (which does indeed cause a good deal of distress for Hudson the wonder dog, thanks Ant). The last one I had was this nasty lingering affair, but this one really came on strong yesterday, and I already feel better today than I did then, so I'm hoping there's reason for optimism that this one will pass more quickly.

Illin' Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Knight Age 2.
Stories: Refrigerator-Size Plane Door Crashes Into Washington Neighborhood.
Science: Crippling viral infections 'cause asthma'.
Bad sleep may predict Alzheimer's, says study.
Cheetah's speed secrets are revealed and Robot 'runs faster than Usain Bolt'.
Media: Cameraman Fail.
The Funnies: Middle-Earth Cartoon - Savage Chickens.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2012, 19:20 xXBatmanXx

Bad sleep may predict Alzheimer's, says study.

? just read an article that they can image the brain 10-15 years ahead of time and see signs of Alzheimer's WAY before it starts - thus predicting it. They have also identified the defect in the gene that causes it, and one can be tested to find the probability of acquiring it.....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2012, 17:32 eRe4s3r

Only problem, that mountain ain't called Mount Sharp, no matter how long and often Nasa claims it does contrary to reality  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2012, 16:35 Hoop

If you have'nt been to the NASA site for a while it has some great Curiosity pics of late.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/index.html
Just a heads up, my login details aren't saved even though I tick the "Remember me" box for comment posting.
Edit: Ok they stayed then after a re-start, hmm will keep you posted.
Edit: Ah Ha! They done gone on me after a cold boot. Explorer 9, Vista 64, AVG 64 professional anti virus. I wonder if it could be my anti virus being overly aggressive?

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2012, 18:18.

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2012, 16:29 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 10:56:
Nice coincidence you would mention this, I was just mentioning this morning to a co-worker that (fingers crossed) it's been a while since I've had a cold. My "claim to fame" is I'm pretty sure I've only ever caught the "flu" once in the last 4 decades. My colds are usually short events with mainly just a runny nose.

Same. But have suffered through gout, appendicitis, and 2 slipped discs.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2012, 10:56 Mr. Tact

Nice coincidence you would mention this, I was just mentioning this morning to a co-worker that (fingers crossed) it's been a while since I've had a cold. My "claim to fame" is I'm pretty sure I've only ever caught the "flu" once in the last 4 decades. My colds are usually short events with mainly just a runny nose.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo