Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month

The Marvel Heroes Website is accepting signups for the closed beta of this upcoming superhero MMORPG, saying testing will commence next month (thanks GameSpy via HARDOCP), saying: "Closed Beta starts October 1st, 2012! Enter your email address for the chance to be selected, and also be the first to know about new game information."

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2012, 13:03 Hyatus

.net_Drifter wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 05:17:
Considering the fact that Cryptic pretty much sold CoH to NC Soft, who then took former Cryptic developers who left Cryptic and formed Paragon studios to develop content for CoH . . . yeah, Cryptic sure has put more development effort in to Champions . . .

Yeah, you're right. Even if one were to contend that Paragon was semi-Cryptic, content was pretty much the same with roughly 3 major updates coming out each year for both.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2012, 08:51 Fibrocyte

One can only complain so much as it is going to be free.

I can see plenty of young people being interested in this as they're more comic book fans and less "control scheme" snobs.

15. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2012, 08:11 KS

I will assume "action" MMO means console-oriented POS like DC Universe Online.

These games are going the wrong direction, away from the rich depth of earlier MMORPGs. That depth was what made them interesting longer than 2 months. Star Wars: The Old Republic, anyone?

14. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2012, 05:17 .Drifter

Hyatus wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:39:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 19:26:
wish them luck, but I do not think they are going to have much success with this game. City of Heros just got canceled. Not a lot of market for a hero game.

It should have been cancelled forever ago. It's just the predecessor to Champions and I'm sure the latter has had more recent developer content from Cryptic than the former.

If this is really just a Marvel Ultimate Alliance-style MMO, I'm okay with that. MUA1/2, X-Men Legends 1/2 were really fun and sure, I'd prefer sequels to those games instead of an MMO, but this could be a fun romp for a little while.

Considering the fact that Cryptic pretty much sold CoH to NC Soft, who then took former Cryptic developers who left Cryptic and formed Paragon studios to develop content for CoH . . . yeah, Cryptic sure has put more development effort in to Champions . . .

13. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2012, 03:59 ibm

Pretty sure this will be fun for 5 mins like the other super hero mmorpg's. May hold my interest for slightly longer because it's Marvel but that's about it.  

12. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 23:39 Hyatus

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 19:26:
wish them luck, but I do not think they are going to have much success with this game. City of Heros just got canceled. Not a lot of market for a hero game.

It should have been cancelled forever ago. It's just the predecessor to Champions and I'm sure the latter has had more recent developer content from Cryptic than the former.

If this is really just a Marvel Ultimate Alliance-style MMO, I'm okay with that. MUA1/2, X-Men Legends 1/2 were really fun and sure, I'd prefer sequels to those games instead of an MMO, but this could be a fun romp for a little while.

11. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 23:35 Hyatus

kibbled wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:08:
Just looking over the website it looks like a Diablo Clone but instead of Warrior, Mage, Archer you chose one of the Marvel Superheroes like Spiderman, Thing or Deadpool.

FTFY before you get flamed by our fellow comic book geeks.

10. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 23:08 kibbled

Just looking over the website it looks like a Diablo Clone but instead of Warrior, Mage, Archer you chose one of the Marvel Superheroes like Spiderman, Thing or Deadbolt.  

9. Re: CoH Sep 9, 2012, 23:05 NoyzRulz

They all suck. Come on let's address the elephant in the room.

Ant wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 22:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 22:09:
deqer wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 21:57:
We already have a superhero mmo. It's called DCUO (DC Universe Online)

Did we really ask for another one? No.

And Champions, but DCUO while a nice looking game has really shitty control schemes...
What about City of Heroes?

8. CoH Sep 9, 2012, 22:50 Ant

And Champions, but DCUO while a nice looking game has really shitty control schemes...
What about City of Heroes?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

7. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 22:32 deqer

And Champions, but DCUO while a nice looking game has really shitty control schemes.
I am strict about control schemes; I prefer WoW engine only. However, I found myself picking up on DCUO's control schemes and they're quite fun, especially when you role Acrobat style for your character. I also liked the targetting, and auto jump stomping, etc.

Really fun.

6. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 22:09 The Half Elf

And Champions, but DCUO while a nice looking game has really shitty control schemes.

Isn't there another thread you should be trolling?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 21:57 deqer

4. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 20:30 The Half Elf

With Disney now owning Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cryptic having another shot at Marvel.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 19:26 Ozmodan

2. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 16:07 Bill Borre

haha. I wonder if they'd let me in the beta since I'm the only admin on the Marvel Heroes wiki.  

1. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 14:33 The Half Elf

Hadn't heard anything about this at all before today. Could have gone another few years without knowing about it. Looks like Ultimate Alliance except crappier.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo