Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes

ArenaNet continues its post-launch tweaking of Guild Wars 2, posting patch notes for an update yesterday and another set from today. Most of the changes are bug fixes.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 10, 2012, 00:43 jacobvandy

Yeah, if you've already played the game enough to accomplish everything you care to do with it (I'm guessing that guy put in 150-200 hours, at least) -- Congratulations, you beat GW2! You cannot possibly argue that a game costing less than 50 cents per hour you spent playing is a poor value, and you're really not entitled to additional content because you are not paying a subscription fee. So maybe it's time for you to move on...

Darks wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 22:06:
No, this is still stupid. You still have to put those items in the bank tab from the resourse tab. So whatís the fricking difference if you still have to move them from one section to the other? NONE!!! Itís still a task to do it. Lame!!!

For discovery of new recipes, yes, you still have to do that for now. The patch notes plainly state that they're working on discovery from banked materials for a future update, so there's no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 23:14 Rattlehead

It just bothers me when people clearly blow through a game by playing non-stop and then saying there's basically nothing left to do. It's not a valid complaint in my eyes.  

18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 23:12 Rattlehead

Axis wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 21:37:
Been 80 for a week, got 4 crafting professions maxxed, full exotics (a set for magic find, one power/crit and one condition/heal), about 10k gems I bought with gold, about 10g maintained and pretty much everything I'd need in pve or pvp exotic or less.

And while the ride was fun as I expected, it's come to a grinding halt (pun intended) with the reservations I made in the past.

PvP and WvW is fun but it's all the same since the class structure and builds are all cookiecutter and trait choice makes little difference (each class has exactly the same options with virtually equal outputs (dps,utility,ranged, etc). At least its fun lobbing trebuchet loads at people once your 45 minute queue pops if you're lucky.

People are now realizing that the future is major grinding for legendaries or pvp -- and only if you LOVE the game would you have more than a passing interest in either.

So that's the state of the game as far as I see it. What's your take?
When you play 24/7 everything becomes a grind (which you have been if you are already level 80 for one week since it's launch 2 weeks ago, unless you are a lame ass and did some of those exploits early on).

I guess what I'm saying is the Arenanet didn't have take into account those lameasses who don't sleep or work when making the game.

Try getting out, getting a job, eating, sleeping for more than 3 hours a night and maybe it won't feel like "such a grind".

17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 23:01 Creston

Frijoles wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:01:
No, this is still stupid. You still have to put those items in the bank tab from the resourse tab. So whatís the fricking difference if you still have to move them from one section to the other? NONE!!! Itís still a task to do it. Lame!!!

Maybe I'm confused, but I know I saw a lot of recipes with a count on them and I had no crafting items in my inventory. It was definitely pulling them from somewhere else. In which case, I'm confused by what you mean. I'll have to double-check.

He's being an idiot. You can craft straight from the resources tab.

Creston

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 23:01 Frijoles

Maybe I'm confused, but I know I saw a lot of recipes with a count on them and I had no crafting items in my inventory. It was definitely pulling them from somewhere else. In which case, I'm confused by what you mean. I'll have to double-check.

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 22:08 Creston

I try to do discoveries with cooking, and I have approximately 60 different items, and every single fucking recipe always goes to 3, and then I just miss that fourth one.

Remind to never eat at an Arenanet developer's house, because they obviously have NO FUCKING CLUE how to actually cook!

So, on a more normal topic, question about WvWvW. Played it for awhile this afternoon, it was pretty cool, though it seemed largely pointless as we kept zerging back and forth between an enemy keep and our own home base. They'd rush us, we'd get overrun, they'd follow us to our home base where we'd regroup, we'd drive them back, at which point they would retreat into the keep, and since we didn't have the manpower to break down the gate (which had at least a MILLION hitpoints. I guess it was made from the souls of the damned, or something), and back and forth and back and forth.

Anyway, it earned okay XP, and decent karma, but how the heck do you make money in WvW? I got my 50 kills for my monthly (against ~ 7 or 8 deaths, so not too bad, I think), and the grand amount of loot I got out of it was worth approximately 30 coppers. In the mean time, I spent about 10 silvers repairing my shit every time I died. So how is this a financially viable method of leveling up? Am I missing something? I got loot from only a few guys that I killed; most of them left nothing...

Is there some secret to getting rewarded in WvWvW that I'm not privy to?

I'd probably play it again for my monthly, but just as something to do in between, it's a little too expensive for me...

Creston

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 22:06 Darks

Frijoles wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 16:42:
Players can now do the production portion of crafting without having to pull the resources from their bank.

THANK GOD. Glad to see they're working on getting discovery to work the same way.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 21:46 Saboth

Axis wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 21:37:
Been 80 for a week, got 4 crafting professions maxxed, full exotics (a set for magic find, one power/crit and one condition/heal), about 10k gems I bought with gold, about 10g maintained and pretty much everything I'd need in pve or pvp exotic or less.

And while the ride was fun as I expected, it's come to a grinding halt (pun intended) with the reservations I made in the past.

PvP and WvW is fun but it's all the same since the class structure and builds are all cookiecutter and trait choice makes little difference (each class has exactly the same options with virtually equal outputs (dps,utility,ranged, etc). At least its fun lobbing trebuchet loads at people once your 45 minute queue pops if you're lucky.

People are now realizing that the future is major grinding for legendaries or pvp -- and only if you LOVE the game would you have more than a passing interest in either.

Well I've got 1 character to 35 and another to 33 and a long way to go. I take it you've probably been in all the betas and figured out the shortcuts to get 80 and maxed out less than 2 weeks after the game has been out, and/or play 15 hours a day. I'm probably set for another 2-3 months before I'm in the same situation.

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 21:37 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 19:11 NegaDeath

Well that explains all the butter I found.  

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 17:45 jacobvandy

As someone who just started cooking Friday evening, the patch rubbed me the wrong way, too, heh... But you have to admit, it was pretty stupid the way it was before. If you were a high-level character with 20k karma saved up, you could get cooking up to 400 in an hour, and your last 10-15 levels along with it. It was WAY too easy compared to every other craft, and Cooking is supposed to be the advanced one.

I agree it's a little weird to get butter from drops, they should just have you craft it from milk and salt, but right now it's super cheap on the TP because everyone is selling their stockpiles they had from before. So just buy 1000 or so at 3c each and you're good. Chocolate bars makes more sense as a valuable that sentient beings would be holding, and I do like getting spices from trees. As for that making it slower to get leather and cloth... You should be salvaging armor drops, too.

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 17:24 Dades

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 15:00:
400 levels in your crafting profession, and even trying to get to 50 is a major fucking chore... Does anyone actually find it FUN that way?

Creston

You should be using discoveries to level crafting as much as possible, it makes it quite easy to level. I've leveled both of my trades with minimal grinding, the trade crafts are really well thought out. It's like everything else in Guild Wars 2, variety is key.

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 16:50 Vex

Thank god I got a refund already.  

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 16:42 Frijoles

Players can now do the production portion of crafting without having to pull the resources from their bank.

THANK GOD. Glad to see they're working on getting discovery to work the same way.

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:57 Reikon

They really fucked with cooking in yesterday's patch. They removed quite a few of the basic ingredients from the cooking master, and put them in as loot. So now you have to find sticks of fucking butter out of bandit bags and such. I mean... what?

400 levels in your crafting profession, and even trying to get to 50 is a major fucking chore... Does anyone actually find it FUN that way?

Creston

Fucked cooking? Welcome to every other profession where drops are required to get your materials. Except now those professions are even more screwed since we get butter and chocolate instead of cloth, leather and fine crafting mats.

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:47 Wallshadows

I throw three cheap level 76 Exotic items and a forge shard in to the forge and get an 80 exotic item back.

Money money money!

...unless it's a fucking spear, trident, warhorn or torch...

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:14 WyldKat

They really fucked with cooking in yesterday's patch. They removed quite a few of the basic ingredients from the cooking master, and put them in as loot. So now you have to find sticks of fucking butter out of bandit bags and such. I mean... what?

Creston

Also those sticks of butter are now competing with more valuable mats like cloth, leather, and ore too.

I understand not wanting to let people level cooking in an hour but this was a bit heavy handed. I love the game but since launch ArenaNet has been making bonehead after bonehead decision, such as removing the Whisperer weapons from game and replacing them with ugly newbie models, screwing over those of us who had used transmute stones on them.

I hope they'll get this stuff sorted out and go back to ArenaNet from beta. Right now I don't even know if I should use my transmute stones on the cool Norn gear I've been getting while leveling because hey, that stuff is on a vendor too and we can't have item model variation unless you spend 11ty billion karma/gold now can we?

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:13 PropheT

People were getting banned for buying ingredients with karma and then converting the product to gold by selling what they made. That was pretty screwed up by itself, but their solution to this "exploit" (which, unless I'm missing something, I still don't get as being an exploit in the first place) was to make the karma ingredients drops instead.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:07 nin

So now you have to find sticks of fucking butter out of bandit bags and such. I mean... what?

Oh, that makes perfect sense!

Creston! Go slay 15 butter bandits and I'll give you 5 copper!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:00 Creston

Creston

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo