Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Mobilization

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 10, 2012, 03:23 Capitan

Company's today try to push the acceptance of what it costs to get rid of advertising by putting a tremendous low price, so low that everyone thinks they can afford it. Because we as consumers accept this, the price will increase over time and advertising comes into more and more products - so yes, would you favor this, you pay, or do you (like rest of us) that this is too damn and refuses ...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 10, 2012, 02:49 Prez

Well, you are already inundated with ads when using a mobile browser anyway - what's a few more on the homepage? I don't necessarily have a problem paying the 15 bucks to not see them, but if they are no worse than what you get by using free versions of paid apps I'd barely notice them enough to care.

Just like a previous poster said they probably planned on having this option available at launch for $10, but based on the demand they jacked up the price to $15 while making it look like they caved in.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 21:42 bhcompy

It's completely unobtrusive. BFD  

3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 21:33 jacobvandy

Learning wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 21:26:
I wonder how much they make per kindle for advertising ?

It was probably going to be less than $15, lol. So now they make more by asking for it up front. Personally, I wouldn't tolerate such nonsense.

2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 21:26 Learning

I wonder how much they make per kindle for advertising ?  

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 16:16 Bard

making people pay to remove ads isn't caving in - it's making money.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo