Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Okay, I didn't completely think through my proposal to compete with any of you who want to see who can pick more NFL winners, or the first thing I would have decided was to post my picks before Sunday to give others the chance to post their own before the games. I also didn't anticipate the pain associated with a Giants fan picking the Eagles, for example, to win, so maybe I'll have to reevaluate this. In the meantime, since I said I would, here are my picks for this week:

Bears, Eagles, Lions, Texans, Chiefs, Vikings, Saints, Bills, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Bucs, Steelers, Ravens, and Chargers.

Picked Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Huebrix.
Stories: Scotts Miracle-Gro to pay big fine.
'Hummer Hero,' Uses Vehicle To Shield Four Children.
Airplane! voted funniest film ever. Surely they can't be serious.
Media: Sh*t Apple Fanatics Say, Part 1 and Part 2.
Who Makes Better Sound Effects- Guys or Girls?
What Happened To All The Milkmen?

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2012, 01:09 mag

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 00:42:
mag wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:59:
How about that Broncos/Steelers game! Damn close 'til those last 2 minutes.

Lol! Funny as hell but absolutely true. At the bar wit a few Steelers fans. I say Ben is going to throw a pick - it's what happens in the last 2 minutes with him under pressure. First play...nothing. Second down...I say, 'Here comes the pick.'. Denver grabs it and wins the game. They're all giving me the hairy eyeball at first and then relax into laughter. 'What are you psychic?' Me...'Well I haven't won the lottery so no. Just going on Big Ben's past performances.'

Still the officiating has been pretty brutal around the league today. Just goes to show how much people get pissed off with the "pros" it shows there is a very distinct difference. Hope the Seahawks enjoyed their 4th timeout. Regardless it was a surprising day all around. Should make for an interesting season.

I only saw the second half, but Ben played a Hell of a game from then until the pick. And Manning played like Manning. It was a fun game.

The officiating was weird, but I don't think it favored either team too strongly in the end. It was just generally clumsy.

The only other game I saw was Browns/Eagles, which was fucking hilarious. I don't think I've ever seen two teams play worse football. Couldn't have asked for two more different games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2012, 00:42 Cutter

mag wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:59:

Lol! Funny as hell but absolutely true. At the bar wit a few Steelers fans. I say Ben is going to throw a pick - it's what happens in the last 2 minutes with him under pressure. First play...nothing. Second down...I say, 'Here comes the pick.'. Denver grabs it and wins the game. They're all giving me the hairy eyeball at first and then relax into laughter. 'What are you psychic?' Me...'Well I haven't won the lottery so no. Just going on Big Ben's past performances.'

Still the officiating has been pretty brutal around the league today. Just goes to show how much people get pissed off with the "pros" it shows there is a very distinct difference. Hope the Seahawks enjoyed their 4th timeout. Regardless it was a surprising day all around. Should make for an interesting season.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 23:59 mag

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 23:28 Mr. Tact

I wasn't paying close attention to it, but my impression was the NFL officiating was fine. Were mistakes made? Sure. Significantly more than normal? Not that I could tell.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 23:20 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:18:
Was at the Lions game today. Despite Stafford's 3 interceptions, being a close game, and only winning it with less than a minute left... it didn't feel like any fans in the stadium had any doubt.

Next week against the 49ers is going to be a great game.

Yea, I will be watching that game closely (closer than I did that Packers game! hahahahah) since we play the Niners week 3 at home. Damn they looked good today! Even with the homer calls The Pack got.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 23:18 xXBatmanXx

killer_roach wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 18:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 17:29:
Seriously, who the hell is Floyd Mayweather.. no actually, what did he ever win? Last time I checked zeh Klitschko's hold all titles.

Mayweather's not a heavyweight - he'll never go up against the Klitschko brothers, as they're much, much larger than he is. He fights primarily at welterweight, although he's held titles in a handful of the middle tier of weight classes.

Yea, he is a thug pussy. He intentionally holds his weight down although he is "bigger" than people he fights. He beats his wife and will do a stint in jail. He is a loser.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 23:18 Sepharo

Was at the Lions game today. Despite Stafford's 3 interceptions, being a close game, and only winning it with less than a minute left... it didn't feel like any fans in the stadium had any doubt.

Next week against the 49ers is going to be a great game.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 23:17 xXBatmanXx

We have 3rd row behind bench season tix for Vikes. WOW what a game. Anyone else ready to hang these refs? geez....  

14. Re: RA RA RA!! Sep 9, 2012, 22:54 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 22:51:
Up until his recent wins in the past few years, he was known for choking, whenever a win was almost in hand..
Yeah, best golfer never to win a major until he finally did. Like I said, I have no idea if there's any truth to it. If he is like that, he does a pretty good job of hiding it in the press. In front of the mic he seems fairly reasonable and humble.

13. Re: Who Makes Better Sound Effects: Sep 9, 2012, 22:51 Mr. Tact

Of that group, apparently neither.  

12. Re: RA RA RA!! Sep 9, 2012, 22:51 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 22:45:
space captain wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 16:35:
7. Phil Mickelson ($47.8M)
Read the other day that "reportedly" Mickelson is not well liked among his fellow golfers. Supposedly given the nick name of "FIG-JAM" -- Fuck, I'm Great. Just Ask Me.

I have no idea if that has any basis in fact, but it was amusing.

Up until his recent wins in the past few years, he was known for choking, whenever a win was almost in hand...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: RA RA RA!! Sep 9, 2012, 22:45 Mr. Tact

space captain wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 16:35:
7. Phil Mickelson ($47.8M)
Read the other day that "reportedly" Mickelson is not well liked among his fellow golfers. Supposedly given the nick name of "FIG-JAM" -- Fuck, I'm Great. Just Ask Me.

I have no idea if that has any basis in fact, but it was amusing.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 19:29 eRe4s3r

Ah... wow I feel kinda stupid. I never heard of him and I usually watch boxing, but I usually do not watch welterweight fights.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 19:02 Cutter

Well, to be honest, the 9'ers are definitely outplaying them, but the fucked up officiating isn't helping. The Pack really got screwed here.

And even though I called the Steelers for the late game tonight I would love to see Peyton win his first game back.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 18:42 nin

The fuck is going on with the officiating in the Packers game? The fuck?!

To quote the movie Stepbrothers, "What the fuckin fuck?!?"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 18:23 killer_roach

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 17:29:
Seriously, who the hell is Floyd Mayweather.. no actually, what did he ever win? Last time I checked zeh Klitschko's hold all titles.

Mayweather's not a heavyweight - he'll never go up against the Klitschko brothers, as they're much, much larger than he is. He fights primarily at welterweight, although he's held titles in a handful of the middle tier of weight classes.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 17:58 Cutter

The fuck is going on with the officiating in the Packers game? The fuck?!

Redskins game was good. That blocked kick by the Saints was sweet. Lions won too. Hope they and the Skins have a good season.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 17:29 eRe4s3r

4. RA RA RA!! Sep 9, 2012, 16:35 space captain

If you take strict salaries, the latest Forbes Magazine list of the world's top 100 highest-paid athletes would contain more than 30 NFL names. But what makes this list interesting is that Forbes includes endorsement money, placing athletes with more international appeal higher.

The top 10 includes: 1. Floyd Mayweather ($85M), 2. Manny Pacquiao ($62M), 3. Tiger Woods ($59.4M), 4. LeBron James ($53M), 5. Roger Federer ($52.7M), 6. Kobe Bryant ($52.3M), 7. Phil Mickelson ($47.8M), 8. David Beckham ($46M), 9. Cristiano Ronaldo ($42.5M), 10. Peyton Manning ($42.4M).

you get what you pay for,

you damned dirty apes

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 14:35 SirKnight

You ever...seen a grown man naked?

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo