Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2012, 12:38 Tumbler

blueshirt3k wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 09:40:
I read somewhere this was paid via the customer's bank's bill paying service. They apparently typo and forgot the decimal point.

It's odd that he's even bothering with Comcast. Why not just put a stop on the payment? Hmm, this was probably and EFT payment and I'm guessing he didn't realize it until a few days later. Seems like a lot of companies are establishing electronic payment instructions behind the scenes with bill pay so the banks don't even send checks.

In this case if it was a check he could put a stop payment on it. Seems like common sense to me but it's easy to understand why older folks may not have had many bad experiences like this to know you can't give companies an inch. If you over pay them you need to do everything in your power to stop that payment because getting any company to give you money is going to be a lot harder than dealing with a stop payment.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2012, 12:35 eRe4s3r

Most online banking has fixed decimal points though, you can no ever forget them.. would be curious to know which bank exactly this was  

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2012, 09:40 blueshirt3k

How is it even possible they took $6453, the banks are supposed to go by the amount written out in words, not the number in the box.

I read somewhere this was paid via the customer's bank's bill paying service. They apparently typo and forgot the decimal point.

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 8, 2012, 20:07 jimnms

an 86 year old man who accidentally sent Comcast a $6453 payment because he screwed up the placement of a decimal point for a payment of $64.53

How is it even possible they took $6453, the banks are supposed to go by the amount written out in words, not the number in the box.

Steam Profile

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 8, 2012, 19:57 jdreyer

How is it possible that the company could refuse to give his money back after he overpaid? Aren't there laws against that?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo