Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2012, 04:12 Cutter

Remember when most games and apps were shareware? It's still a good model.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2012, 01:46 Bhruic

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 01:01:
I don't buy into the fact that people can't afford games excuse. Here they are on a fast connection(fast enough to torrent), and a PC to run the games they download. Grow up, and give developers their due, they are struggling just as much, if not more, than you fucks stealing their game.

Hardly a compelling argument. Money is a finite resource. Sure, they could potentially buy the game instead of having an internet connection. But they likely need that internet connection for other things.

That's not saying it's true for everyone, but I'm sure there are many people who absolutely could not afford to buy all the games they download.

4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2012, 01:01 Rattlehead

While I praise his efforts to try and reach out to the community at the same time I know this is a really simple game.

Most games like any other business are about money, and an industry where pirates(thieves) outnumber paying customers is just bullshit.

I would not have the patience or good will this guy has to try and connect with people who steal. To me those who download/steal(whatever you call it) don't deserve recognition at all, to me those people should fuck off and die. They download because they can, whatever you ways they try to justify it is just bullshit.

I don't buy into the fact that people can't afford games excuse. Here they are on a fast connection(fast enough to torrent), and a PC to run the games they download. Grow up, and give developers their due, they are struggling just as much, if not more, than you fucks stealing their game.

3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 8, 2012, 22:19 NoyzRulz

I read it twice and agreed with you but then as I was about to close this window and ended up arguing with myself until I figured it out.

It meant he has collected money on more sales that he would not have had. Nope.

That he is making more now then the first day of sales. Nope.

GOT IT! He sold 100 copies on the first day of sales and has now sold 300 copies. In other words more people are getting the game, THAT'S the significant increase not money, the one thing many of us would use to judge its success

2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 8, 2012, 22:15 NoyzRulz

I downloaded it after reading the buzz. I understand the premise (mostly by comments on the Utorrent download page) but the game is flawed in so many ways that I deleted it after 15 minutes. First off the interface is easily one of the worst you have ever seen. Yes, ever. Basically you have 20 seconds to stop a bomb from exploding. It's a simple puzzle, it's cute, it's old school and yet totally ruined by any simple explanation of the game and how it works which again is even harder to figure out when you try to navigate the interface for help. I get the old school design but he needs some instruction from someone to make it easier to play. Best of luck to him.  

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 8, 2012, 18:56 Bhruic

Sosowski says he's has sold over 300 copies of the game at an average of $1.43 each.

Still, it's a significant increase from the 100 or so copies of McPixel Sosowski sold for $10 on the game's first day of availability

300 x 1.43 = $429
100 x 10 = $1000

Since when is $429 a "significant increase" over $1000?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo