Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive

The PC edition of I Am Alive is now available, offering Ubisoft Shanghaļ's post-apocalyptic survival/horror game. This can be found on Steam and on The Official Ubisoft Online Store, and those who buy it from Ubisoft over the next week will receive a bonus copy of Bloody Good Time for free. Here's the deal:

After having conquered hundreds of thousands of die hard survival enthusiasts and fans of dark post-apocalyptic fictions on consoles, I Am Alive, the ground breaking survival adventure game is finally coming to PC digital platforms.

I Am Alive cast the player as a lone survivor in a believable, dark and insecure post-apocalyptic world. One year after the Event, a worldwide cataclysmic event that wiped most of the human race, a man struggles for survival in a desolate city as he tries to reunite with his long lost wife and daughter.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 8, 2012, 00:41 space captain

S T A L K E R

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 19:19 eRe4s3r

True enough.. Fallout 3 was good, with mods anyway, but a real immersive survival game it was not.. even hardcore NV it felt more like pellet shooting at a carnival than fear for life and stuff... I think these games really need to learn how to make challenges that players can fail "softly" that have consequences, like the jail system in Skyrim where you can break out etc, but on a more grander scale  

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 18:49 Panickd

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 12:02:
Yeah I find that really stunning, a survival GTA like, or even a Skyrim Open World survival alike game does simply not exist. What was Ubisoft scared off? That it was going to be a huge success? Or did they fear the topics it would touch (rape, pillaging, looting, slavery, or simply put, the end of civilization etc.) where too harsh for a AAA game?

Makes me kind of sad. Doesn't seem to be a bad game but it's obvious it could have been a LOT more.

I think it could be argued that Fallout 3 and New Vegas were post apocalyptic open world survival games. And they had pillaging, looting and slavery in them. But it does seem like there should be more in the genre.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 17:49 TheEmissary

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 12:02:
Yeah I find that really stunning, a survival GTA like, or even a Skyrim Open World survival alike game does simply not exist. What was Ubisoft scared off? That it was going to be a huge success? Or did they fear the topics it would touch (rape, pillaging, looting, slavery, or simply put, the end of civilization etc.) where too harsh for a AAA game?

Makes me kind of sad. Doesn't seem to be a bad game but it's obvious it could have been a LOT more.

The only open world survival/apocalyptic games I can think of lately are DayZ and The Dead Linger.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 14:54 Marvin T. Martian

So is the always on DRM turned off? UBI did say they were dropping it on all their titles.

Never mind--found my answer seems it is off.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/alive/1225988p1.html

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 12:02 eRe4s3r

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 11:22 Linksil

The E3 trailers were from before they scaled it back from 60 dollars AAA into 15 dollar xbox live. I think the game in the start was supposed be more like a GTA after the big event. Wonder around and explore the destroyed world with a bit of tomb raider in there for fun. I still think what we got is good for 15 dollars, but there's so much more they could have done it's a shame.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 Aero

Heh, yeah I just watched the E3 trailers. I don't know what game that is, but it's not this one. The plot isn't even remotely the same except for the catastrophe thing. Looks pretty good though.

edit: That said, I'm liking it enough to play through it, and some bits of it are quite good, so it's worth my $15.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 10:58 eRe4s3r

From the gameplay videos it seems the E3 trailers were a huge scam. At no point do you play intelligent seek and hide, drive around in a car, have weapons other than your 1 gun, have a real character following you that is not brain-dead or find your wife/daughter.

Sidenote: I am probably the only one who wanted that game, not what we got instead...

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 10:12 McSterls

Just bought mine from Steam this morning, they are also offering a bonus copy of Bloody Good Time for free....which looks bloody horrible. Steam didn't notice this offer on their site.

---------------
Help Support Planetary Annihilation

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 10:11 ASeven

From what I heard it was very short.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 10:10 Aero

I bought it. It's okay. I like what they were trying to do as it's fairly unique, but the execution is pretty mediocre.

I think it's worth $15 though. It's a no frills but solid enough port. I've read other people having some complaints about re-mapping certain controls and some people have mouse lag or issues, though that's fine for me. It's probably best played with a controller.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC I Am Alive Sep 7, 2012, 09:57 tony

Was this game any good?  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo