Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit

Kotaku has a follow-up to Stardock's recent lawsuit against Alexandra Miseta over what the company alleges was its former marketing manager's role in the shortcomings of Elemental: War of Magic. They have court documents showing that before being sued herself, Miseta had already brought her own lawsuit against Stardock CEO Brad Wardell for sexual harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination, and that Stardock's lawsuit came three weeks after a judge denied their request to dismiss her case. In addition to details from the sexual harassment case, they offer accounts from an anonymous alleged former Stardock employees refuting the idea that Miseta was responsible for Elemental's failure. They say Wardell has not yet responded to their request for comment on this.

View
162 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

122. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 11:25 Verno

Did she overact? Maybe

Obviously we'll need to see how the court rules but the offenses she alleges are not a halfway thing open to interpretation, there is no set of circumstances where touching your employees in a provocative manner or sitting in your pajamas in their hotel room is acceptable. He was in the wrong from the beginning but the real problem is his refusal to change and the comment that "if you don't like it then find another job".

As for slightly crass, this is a guy who said in a different email to the HR manager that he would shutter the company rather than change his behavior. I have no problem believing that this went beyond slightly crass and that he has no idea where the line is, let alone know that he crossed it long ago.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

121. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 11:17 Prez

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Brad Wardell thought what he said and did could be considered slightly lacking in class, however it was no where close to sexual harassment. And simultaneously I can believe Alexandra Miseta thought it was blatant harassment.

That was my take too. Of course there is a lot of context that we were never privy to and will continue to remain unaware of, but what we were given looks like nothing more than slightly crass behavior and nowhere near harassment to me.

please don't let his world view impugn the whole Republican party, plenty of us are sensible people who do not listen to Rush Limbaugh or think Barack Obama is an African satan.

May as well ask for the moon while you're at it. And a mansion and a yacht, like Elmer J. Fudd.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

120. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 Mr. Tact

Was he a jerk/asshole? Sounds like it. Did she overact? Maybe. Truth is we will never really know.

I've been involved in "miscommunications" at work and while my personal examples never approached the level of this case it sheds light on this for me.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Brad Wardell thought what he said and did could be considered slightly lacking in class, however it was no where close to sexual harassment. And simultaneously I can believe Alexandra Miseta thought it was blatant harassment.

Which is true? We'll never know. It's possible both are true, depending on your point of view. It's possible neither are true. Human communication is complicated in general, in this area it's nearly undecipherable.

Edit: For the record, my personal examples involve being "overly blunt" and using expletives to describe customers to co-workers who "didn't appreciate my language". It's slightly more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 11:21.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

119. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 09:11 InBlack

I get what youre saying Verno and I agree with it. Its a changing society and gender roles are increasingly becoming blurred and even switched. I was just responding to what I precieved to be an extreme overstatement. Also you have to take into account that millions of years of evolution cant be changed in a few decades or even centuries of cultural development, no matter what passes for politicaly correct or societal norms today the human animal is still in many ways very much a servant to its basic instincts.  

I have a nifty blue line!

118. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 08:49 RollinThundr

Dades wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 22:03:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:31:
It's more than likely by state. Personally I've never heard of a human rights law other than by UN PC types, or from the example stated in this thread.

It was linked three times here already, it's both a federal law and a state law in every state. This is easily verified with Google. If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist to make some dumb political rant then go ahead but you are 100% wrong.

While we don't know enough to know if this ever happened in this particular case, I think it's a point worth mentioning that harassment laws are very clear that the behavior in question must have been called to the attention of the alleged harasser as being unwanted and viewed inappropriate by the harassed for it to be legally actionable

He indicated he would not change his behavior and alluded to a future hostile work environment, it's pretty clear cut. Then he went out on the internet and admitted it to the world. I don't see any wiggle room here for Brad Wardell. He claims she made everything up and sabotaged his game at random but his own correspondence says otherwise. I don't really care what his political affiliations are, it is despicable behavior.

I stand corrected then, not that I'm at all suprised with the whole pussify america movement going strong.

space captain wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 22:12:
ROLLINGCHIKN MAKES HIS OWN TRUTH!

While I'm flattered and all that the biggest troll on the entirety of Blues has a crush on me, I've already told ya Cappy, I'm taken.

117. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 08:46 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 07:42:
Im not one to defend obvious trolls but what you just said there is bullshit. Anacronism or not, women prefer men with an actual spine. If they didnt the human race would have died out eons ago.

Plenty of women don't want a "mans man", they can get one of those easily at a bar. Go look at a dating site sometime, I bet less half of the profiles mention "good with his hands" anymore. The whole spiel of MEN MUST BE TOUGH! attitude is antiquated, everyone must be tough and self-sufficient in today's society. The idea that only a man can have a dominant personality or physicality is silly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a man and identify with mens issues more than womens but we're not stuck in the 60s anymore no matter how much Mad Men you guys watch

Anyways getting back to Brad, looks like he's really dug himself a big hole. I'm no lawyer but on the face of it he seems to have broken multiple harassment laws. Since people keep bringing politics into this, please don't let his world view impugn the whole Republican party, plenty of us are sensible people who do not listen to Rush Limbaugh or think Barack Obama is an African satan.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 08:51.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

116. Re: contemplate this on the tree of woe Sep 7, 2012, 08:46 shinchan0s

TheLeech wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 23:43:
Is everyone on crazy pills tonight?

Black president on TV. It's to republicans what a full moon is to werewolves.

Ha!

Anyway, this thread gets a 10/10. Instant classic.

115. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 08:27 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 06:35:
As far as Brad commenting on the Qt3 forums, there's plausible deniability. "It wasn't me, obviously someone was spoofing my name." He couldn't do that if he'd actually responded directly to Kotaku. So, he went to a forum.

I don't want to make an account to look back, but the Qt3 forum profile says it was created in 2002, with 3,060 posts. If social media can be taken as evidence, it might not be so easy to duck out of responsibility for your posts.

More utter bizarreness from the response to the motion to dismiss: link

Parts of the original document on scribd

114. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 07:42 InBlack

Sleep wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 07:12:
Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 19:10:
Sleep wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 19:03:
You do realise everyones laughing at you, right?

Pretty sure your grasp of the term "everyone" is pretty shaky. Also pretty sure that feminists laugh when they are scared and have nothing else to fall back on.

No its everybody. Youre an anachronism, caught somewhere around the mid-70s in a swirling vortex of fake machismo to cover over some deeper psychological trauma. Reading your comments is like watching a Benny Hill re-run. But please, dont let me stop you, havent laughed as much in a while.

Im not one to defend obvious trolls but what you just said there is bullshit. Anacronism or not, women prefer men with an actual spine. If they didnt the human race would have died out eons ago.

113. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 07:12 Sleep

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 19:10:
Sleep wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 19:03:
You do realise everyones laughing at you, right?

Pretty sure your grasp of the term "everyone" is pretty shaky. Also pretty sure that feminists laugh when they are scared and have nothing else to fall back on.

No its everybody. Youre an anachronism, caught somewhere around the mid-70s in a swirling vortex of fake machismo to cover over some deeper psychological trauma. Reading your comments is like watching a Benny Hill re-run. But please, dont let me stop you, havent laughed as much in a while.

112. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 07:07 InBlack

People who work in marketing are generally very attractive. Marketing is based on building and selling hype and nothing sells better than sex.

111. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 06:35 jdreyer

As far as Brad commenting on the Qt3 forums, there's plausible deniability. "It wasn't me, obviously someone was spoofing my name." He couldn't do that if he'd actually responded directly to Kotaku. So, he went to a forum.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

110. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 06:14 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 15:01:
But...she's not even attractive.

First, I dunno what you're looking at, but she looks pretty freakin' fine to me.

Second, everything you need to know about men's behavior comes from Silence of the Lambs:

Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.
Clarice Starling: No. We just...
Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?

Brad

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 06:24.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

109. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 06:02 Bet

shihonage wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 05:15:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 00:59:
Brad Wardell is a complete cuntsack. He was already on my dickhead radar due to his outspoken conservative views - including Stardock's boycott of UPS after it withdrew advertising with Fox News - but now he's taken things too far. I won't be buying any more Stardock products.

What an asshole.

Political affiliations and associated kneejerk reactions aside... actually, his unhinging may have started a few years ago when he in fact got on Celexa, which was around October 2007, to control his anger problems, by his own admittance.
Considering he's threatened to disband the company over this, it would appear that medication isn't working for his anger problems...

108. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 05:46 Julio

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 22:24:
Let me clue you in. Men don't cry over someone flirting with them. Pansies, such as yourself, do. If the worst thing to ever happen to me at work was the gay boss hit on me, I'd consider myself lucky.

Although I wouldn't be the type to complain, I understand those that do. Men who are not bi/gay would not enjoy having a gay male boss coming on to us all day/everyday.

107. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 05:15 shihonage

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 00:59:
Brad Wardell is a complete cuntsack. He was already on my dickhead radar due to his outspoken conservative views - including Stardock's boycott of UPS after it withdrew advertising with Fox News - but now he's taken things too far. I won't be buying any more Stardock products.

What an asshole.

Political affiliations and associated kneejerk reactions aside... actually, his unhinging may have started a few years ago when he in fact got on Celexa, which was around October 2007, to control his anger problems, by his own admittance.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 05:24.

106. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 03:58 InBlack

Asshole of epic porportions hires mega hot marketing 'manager'....

I dont wanna pour any more flames on the fire, but lets let the courts settle this. Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty? Last I heard being a total asshole wasnt a crime, if it were at least half of the world's population would be behind bars...

105. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 00:59 theyarecomingforyou

What an asshole.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

104. Re: contemplate this on the tree of woe Sep 7, 2012, 00:30 Prez

Removed. Thought better of it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

103. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 00:08 dubfanatic

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 22:24:
Apparently you were confused by the term "men". You are thinking of the term "pansies".

Let me clue you in. Men don't cry over someone flirting with them. Pansies, such as yourself, do. If the worst thing to ever happen to me at work was the gay boss hit on me, I'd consider myself lucky. I wonder if any of you feminists have jobs that don't involve promoting some kind of bullshit "awareness". Bet you've never done a days work in your life.

WA WA WEE WA, YOU A REAL MAN, YES? HIGH FIVE!

162 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo