Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit

Kotaku has a follow-up to Stardock's recent lawsuit against Alexandra Miseta over what the company alleges was its former marketing manager's role in the shortcomings of Elemental: War of Magic. They have court documents showing that before being sued herself, Miseta had already brought her own lawsuit against Stardock CEO Brad Wardell for sexual harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination, and that Stardock's lawsuit came three weeks after a judge denied their request to dismiss her case. In addition to details from the sexual harassment case, they offer accounts from an anonymous alleged former Stardock employees refuting the idea that Miseta was responsible for Elemental's failure. They say Wardell has not yet responded to their request for comment on this.

View
162 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

62. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:08 Stanly Manly

Who cares.. the real question is... How hot is this chick anyway?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

61. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:54 Prez

Orogogus wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:46:

You mean "...not just making stuff up out of thin air", I assume.

Totally - edited now. Thanks for the heads up.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

60. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:46 Orogogus

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:33:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:18:
Beh.

Sexual harassment complaints are the easiest "get rich quick" schemes on the planet these days.

That and claims of racism. I've seen too many bogus claims of each where I have worked to just take anything at face value anymore. While the evidence in the emails at least make it clear that at the very least the woman is just making stuff up out of thin air

You mean "...not just making stuff up out of thin air", I assume.

59. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:33 Prez

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:18:
Beh.

Sexual harassment complaints are the easiest "get rich quick" schemes on the planet these days.

That and claims of racism. I've seen too many bogus claims of each where I have worked to just take anything at face value anymore. While the evidence in the emails at least make it clear that at the very least the woman is not just making stuff up out of thin air, I have seen several cases where what once was considered acceptable dialog and harmless banter by the accuser suddenly stopped being so because of a change in the relationship between the two parties (usually a falling out after a disagreement), which seems like could easily be the case here given the details of the situation we have been provided with. Of course, for this very reason, it's always best to keep your work relationships very professional and straightforward and save the banter for after hours. Easier said than done though; people make friends at work after spending so much time there day after day, and keeping everything all proper all the time for 8-12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week can be really dull and soul-crushing.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2012, 17:54.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

58. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:31 RollinThundr

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:29:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 16:52:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 15:11:
Teddy wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 15:05:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 14:24:
nice...
One thing I do agree with, however, is that since he owns the company, he can pretty much do whatever he wants to in it (within legal boundaries, of course.) It is NOT against the law to make vulgar jokes that make people uncomfortable, despite all the efforts of the US to apparently make it so.

I don't know what hole you're living in, but where I'm from it absolutely IS illegal, regardless of whether your company is publicly traded or not. It's a violation of human rights law, not employment law.

Further, if it -were- legal to do what he did, then the judge would not have refused to toss the case when Wardell tried to get them to do so. Frankly, I think you're operating on an ancient and idiotic supposition that will get you sued one day, and rightfully so.

Human rights law. Oookay, Teddy. Keep huffing the glue, buddy. Every single one of your posts becomes fucking dumber and dumber, so now you go on the dumbass list.

Creston

Remember the Politically Correct/Liberal crowd tends to like to make up reality as they go along to suit their views.

Says the guy siding with the person that is completely wrong about what the laws actually say.

It's more than likely by state. Personally I've never heard of a human rights law other than by UN PC types, or from the example stated in this thread.

57. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:29 Beelzebud

nice...
One thing I do agree with, however, is that since he owns the company, he can pretty much do whatever he wants to in it (within legal boundaries, of course.) It is NOT against the law to make vulgar jokes that make people uncomfortable, despite all the efforts of the US to apparently make it so.

I don't know what hole you're living in, but where I'm from it absolutely IS illegal, regardless of whether your company is publicly traded or not. It's a violation of human rights law, not employment law.

Further, if it -were- legal to do what he did, then the judge would not have refused to toss the case when Wardell tried to get them to do so. Frankly, I think you're operating on an ancient and idiotic supposition that will get you sued one day, and rightfully so.

Human rights law. Oookay, Teddy. Keep huffing the glue, buddy. Every single one of your posts becomes fucking dumber and dumber, so now you go on the dumbass list.

Creston

Remember the Politically Correct/Liberal crowd tends to like to make up reality as they go along to suit their views.

Says the guy siding with the person that is completely wrong about what the laws actually say.

56. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:28 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:14:
nice...

Creston

Oh look, another political hijack from you! Typical.

Human rights Law? c'mon, if that doesn't reek of UN type of Political Correctness bullshit I don't know what does.

55. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:24 Wildone

is she hawt?  

54. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Beh.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

53. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:17 Dades

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:14:
I'm not sure that what we've been told so far of the exchanges actually meets the criteria for being sexual harrassment (though it might, which is why I presume, the judge refused to dismiss the case outright), but it sure does meet the criteria for being extremely ill-advised unprofessional behavior. Not surprising given Wardell's penchant for acting less than professionally at all times.

Going by the letter of the law, it meets several different criteria of threatening workplace environment and sexual harassment. The complaint spells it all out more specifically and his emails are pretty damning.

52. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:15 Jivaro

ASeven wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 16:22:
I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyers quit on him since he keeps digging the hole deeper in the forums. Holy shit that's a great way to destroy your own defense.

Yeah, I have no idea who is right or wrong, what is legal or not...but common sense tells me that running his mouth on the Internet about cases that are still in litigation is ridiculously stupid.

Also, and maybe someone who does have a legal background can answer this, but isn't there a risk to filing the legal claim that she did all that malicious stuff? I mean, he would need to prove motivation...which could very well be sexual harassment right? Let's say it didn't go that way, but instead she is proven to be innocent of what he charges. Regardless of the sexual harassment charges, wouldn't she then have a civil case regarding professional slander? I mean, what they are accusing her of doing has to have a long term affect on her job opportunities right? Also, 89 different sexual harassment points? Smoke meet fire. Holy hell.

Hollywood couldn't have written this up any better unless J.R. was shot and he turns out to be her long lost brother. I feel a desire to get a large bag of movie popcorn.

51. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:14 nin

nice...

Creston

Oh look, another political hijack from you! Typical.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

50. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:14 Prez

I'm not sure that what we've been told so far of the exchanges actually meets the criteria for being sexual harrassment (though it might, which is why I presume, the judge refused to dismiss the case outright), but it sure does meet the criteria for being extremely ill-advised unprofessional behavior. Not surprising given Wardell's penchant for acting less than professionally at all times.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

49. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:14 Dades

Civil Rights Act. It's not made up, this is high school stuff. I don't really vote with a party on everything as that just leads to idiocy, I vote based on issues but my record is mostly fiscal conservative by the way.

48. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 16:52 RollinThundr

nice...

Creston

47. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 16:35 McSterls

Wardell!!!  

46. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 16:34 nin

Draugr wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 16:08:
The fact that he is on a forum providing more evidence is pretty hilarious.

I agree. Rule number one is you let the lawyers discuss and never make a statement on your own. The fact that he is makes me wonder if he truly believes he's without fault, or just nuts.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

45. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 16:34 ASeven

This post says it all.  

44. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 16:33 Julio

Stardock hits an all new low. Hope she takes him to the cleaners.

Brad may own a company, but he sure lacks class and is probably hopeless with women given what he thinks is ok.

43. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 16:30 Bhruic

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 15:54:
Since Rebellion was off Impulse, I was erroneously convinced that they were split from Stardock finally. I am not sure what the nature of the relationship is, funding/publishing on some level apparently, but it's still there. Ugh. They have only abandoned Impulse as a delivery service, it seems. :(

Stardock doesn't own Impulse any more, so that's why. Even some Stardock stuff is on Steam now (GalCiv II for example). So it's no surprise that Sins showed up there.

162 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo