Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ask WoW Creative Development

Blizzard now offers this article with round three of their "Ask Creative Development" series, where they answer questions about World of Warcraft, explaining lore for their MMORPG. This includes a humorous explanation of their deadline for such things as: "when the Andromeda galaxy collides with our own."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 7, 2012, 08:17 dheer

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 13:48:
Ripperjack wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 13:39:
I would like to ask, were they sniffing coke, watching Kung-Fu Panda 2 and playing the Pokemon card game, when Blizziard came up with the idea for Mists of Pandaria?

I'd like to ask how many people didn't play Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, which was years before Kung Fu Panda...
It was one character and he was kind of an easter egg. You had to do a bunch of stuff to unlock him from what I remember.

Still, it's silly as hell to base an entire expansion on happy panda land. There were many other more important things to do in the universe. Have a war, fight the buring legion, etc.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 6, 2012, 16:03 space captain

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 13:48:
I would like to ask, were they sniffing coke, watching Kung-Fu Panda 2 and playing the Pokemon card game, when Blizziard came up with the idea for Mists of Pandaria?

I'd like to ask how many people didn't play Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, which was years before Kung Fu Panda...

DONT INSULT THE PANDAS YOU ASSHOLES!

you make poor baby cry

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 6, 2012, 14:50 nin

briktal wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 14:41:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 14:32:
I just got an email from blizz support saying one of my wow chars name violated naming policy. My account has been inactive since about 1 year after WotLK.

It was a char my sister made probably almost 6-7 years ago lol. I think she played it to lvl 5 or something before she got bored.

It has been brought to our attention that a character on this account has a name whose availability was unintended. Because of this, we have provided the character with a temporary name. You will be prompted to select a new character name upon your next log-in. When selecting the new character's name, please be mindful of our Naming Policy.
We realize that you may have grown attached to this name and we apologize for any inconvenience this name change may have caused. For any concerns or disputes on this matter, please contact Account Administration Team via their Website E-mail Form

The offending name?

Old Character Name: Pebbles
Temporary Character Name: Pebblesxyz

Actually after searching the temp name, I can see 2 others got the same treatment.

I guess I(we) have offended the copyright gods once again. lolol. Can't think of any other reason unless some GM decided they wanted the name. Sounds like "Creative development" to me...

I think they might do that if someone wants a name but there's some low level inactive character with the name. I don't know if there is an official policy with defined limits.

Or there's a new lore character...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 6, 2012, 14:41 briktal

RailWizard wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 14:32:
I just got an email from blizz support saying one of my wow chars name violated naming policy. My account has been inactive since about 1 year after WotLK.

It was a char my sister made probably almost 6-7 years ago lol. I think she played it to lvl 5 or something before she got bored.

It has been brought to our attention that a character on this account has a name whose availability was unintended. Because of this, we have provided the character with a temporary name. You will be prompted to select a new character name upon your next log-in. When selecting the new character's name, please be mindful of our Naming Policy.
We realize that you may have grown attached to this name and we apologize for any inconvenience this name change may have caused. For any concerns or disputes on this matter, please contact Account Administration Team via their Website E-mail Form

The offending name?

Actually after searching the temp name, I can see 2 others got the same treatment.

I guess I(we) have offended the copyright gods once again. lolol. Can't think of any other reason unless some GM decided they wanted the name. Sounds like "Creative development" to me...

I think they might do that if someone wants a name but there's some low level inactive character with the name. I don't know if there is an official policy with defined limits.

3. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 6, 2012, 14:32 RailWizard

The offending name?

2. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 6, 2012, 13:48 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 6, 2012, 13:39 Ripperjack

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo